Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

So the last day.....popcorn::

Let's just say that I take last days VERY SERIOUSLY.

VERY.

I'm serious. :lmao:

See, we always book it out of Disney on the last day too (that is, after DH has gotten his one last Tonga Toast fix :rotfl:). Maybe we'll try it your way next time - - it sure looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves during those last couple hours. The water play area looks incredible too (DD would love her some water wars - she's uber-competitive too :rolleyes1)...guess we'll be getting in an AKV trip a lot sooner than I thought. :thumbsup2

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report (I've laughed, I've ooooo-ed and awwww-ed, I've been schooled about a major Disney institution (the BW)...what more can you ask for??? ;)). Can't wait for the next one. :lovestruc

Thank you for a great trip report! mucho fun. I look forward to your next adventure...I will use no smilies....

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for this fabulous trip report that literally thousands of us have enjoyed. This was the BEST trip report ever -such amazing fun and adventure! And your latest action water shots at Kidani are WOW! Your pictures are by far the most creative and talented photography I've EVER seen in ANY trip report - and all done with your little point and shoot camera - it just goes to show that the magic is within the person, and not the expensive equipment.

Thank you and congatulations for bringing so many smiles and enjoyment to OVER 8,000 views - you truly are a very special person!

And while I'm sad to see this trip report end, I'm inspired and encouraged about your next DVC jouney. That's the beauty of life, there are always new adventures and opportunities ahead. Like many of us, I'll be enthusiastically watching for your next amazing journey - and your next fantastic achievement!

Best wishes,
David

Thanks for an awesome trip report. I loved your photos, especially the ones of your last day in the pool at Kidani. I was just there a few weeks ago and you took me right back to that happy place.

I hope you will be traveling again soon so that we can all be back there again with you!

Man, i have surgery, get a stomach virus (thank you boys) and finally return to the living to have your TR over. missed so much.

Anyways, i got caught up and loved it. So glad that ya'll had a great trip. i totally loved the pics of "Dixie Landings". I still call it that myself. Can't wait for the next adventure!

Thanks everyone!

Crystal - yes, give it a try! And that drink is waiting at the BW.

nunzia - thanks. Thanks so much for coming over.

toniosmom - sweet :goodvibes Thank you.

David - Thanks. So sweet of you but you know you're biased. popcorn:: Have you read other TRs? :lmao: ;)

Tinks SS - My goodness - hope everything is getting better and better for you. :hug: Thanks for reading.

Ah Lisa, how I love thee :lovestruc

Fabulous pictures as always, LOVE your writing and you make me laugh out loud!

101_3075.jpg

I know ive said this before but Man Alive, this is one good looking family! :)

Ive loved this TR Lisa!

It's been fun, you're outlook on life, family, vacation makes for interesting reading, one can only imagine what it's like "live". So when's the next Disney trip planned?

Loved the report. Makes me want to go to Disney World and just resort hop. I never wanted to visit Dixie Landings/POR but now I do. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks you guys. Sweet of all three of you. Thanks for reading.

BEASLYBOO - the week before/going into Christmas - BW. :love:

We interrupt this trip report for an important bulletin!

What we can only call a cousin of the rodent has somehow infiltrated Canadian security (no smart _____ comments necessary popcorn::) and arrived on Canadian soil. Don't let his cute look fool you. This boy is pure evil. PURE EVIL.:scared1:.

Heck he's not even that cute when you look at him. And look very closely at the picture - he walks with a shadow. EVIL. Be gone. Back to the States. I demand his immediate extradition.

100_5696.jpg

And by the way he goes by Reester Bunny but we all know it's really Beelzbub wrapped in foil.

American bunny stay away from me
American bunny just let me be
Don't come hanging around my store
I don't want to see your ears no more
I got more important things to do
Then spend my time growin' fat with you
Now bunny, stay away
American bunny listen what I say

Yes I need sleep. :rotfl2: And Reese to stop taunting me. I hate free trade.

Trip Report - next up: DVC members worst nightmare will be arriving momentarily. popcorn::

Don't be hating on the Reester Bunny. I love him. (as do you) I might even change my screen name to Reester Bunny. Just sayin'.

DVC member's worst nightmare.

Here they are:

100_5277.jpg

Study them. Be on the lookout for them. Because they will singlehandedly take away your possiblities of great views, great resorts and great stays. :rolleyes1

1) 2005? 2006? SSR. We booked under a month out. Family trip of 13. Couple Snags prime DD view at Congress Park.

2) 2008. They were supposed to be staying with us at VWL. But a huge March Break snow storm was brewing. (It was huge. It took us almost a day to get to Beckley, WV. Normally it's nine hours). They were in Florida already. And visions of them sitting and sitting in the WL lobby waiting for us to check-in kept flashing in front of me. My father irritated to no end. You know if members are on the reservation blah, blah, blah.

So I phone two days out. For any studio. AKV was still Jambo only. So AKV was hard to get. They have a studio for them. Savanna view!!!!

:dance3:

3) 2009. Their annoying habits continue.

Vero Beach. Scene of the crime. They decide late. So no ocean view for them. Poor tings. :rotfl2: But I work the phone. And three days out - yes that's right - ocean view comes in for them.

Did you think that was the end of the VB story.

OH NO.

Here's a pic of their balcony. :rotfl: MASSIVE! I'm not in the room taking the picture. I'm on their balcony.

101_0578-1.jpg

And their view. Fourth floor. Yes, fourth floor. :lmao: Anyone who knows the ocean view rooms knows that because of the trees - fourth floor is for the blessed people.

101_0533-1.jpg

No, it didn't stop at their balcony or the fourh floor. The room. All inn rooms and ocean views are studios. Ummm, their room was some kind of irregular nonsense. It was massive. MASSIVE. No joking it had to have been 600 square feet. popcorn::

4) 2010 - BCV.

I phone my parents and let them know the wonderful news. And I temper it with "BCV is hard to get into. It's gorgeous but it's NOT known for its views. So just be prepared, okay?" (for those who don't know - you can see roads and cars and such)

I don't know what kind of star these people were born under.

Here is the view I walked in on:

100_5290.jpg

Freaking hilarious. And they probably don't even "get" how fortunate they have been. Ahhh, what a life.

And to comment on my parents. In 1974 my parents took us to WDW. Of course there was only the Poly and the CR and FW. There was six of us. And an uncle. I don't know how the heck they did that. My father was a firefighter and at that time my mother stayed home. Every time I see the monorail flow through I just think "wow" - what a trip that must have been for them. One huge financial decision to make and plan. I clearly remember the book about WDW vacations. I read it for years afterward.

I remember the "E" tickets. I remember my mom having to go back to her room because my sister spun her around and around on the tea cups. I remember my sister and brother spending ALL their money on the first day on the speed boats (they've had so many names, eh?) not knowing or checking the price first. I remember the luau and the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. And a beer mug from the Country Bears Jamboree. Or maybe I just looked at the pictures with glee year after year after year. :laughing:

But I thank them.

They taught us - I believe because of misplaced ______I don't know the word - we just couldn't afford to travel as much - never in the more expensive winter -as people in our surroundings - and well they raised us to believe that those who travelled were spoiled - the children. It's not true. My parents were wrong. Fortunate and blessed yes. But not spoiled.

But I thank my parents for probably saving every last penny to take a family of six to a new and exciting place. SO MUCH. :love:

Okay, that's it. I'm getting mushy. :goodvibes

:flower3:Ah-dore this! There are families that vacation and families that don't. I'm so glad to be a family that does.

Anyway. Precious memories. Yours. Made me think of mine. My family of 6, mom dad and four kiddos, drove down from Ohio in a little car in the eighties. I think I was eleven. We stayed off property. We parked at the TTC and of course took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I vividly recall, while on the monorail waiting for passengers to load/unload, looking down into Chef Mickey's and people were eating with characters at this fancy hotel. I can see the giant utensils. I thought - "So this is where the rich people stay" - then we were wisked away. It made such an impression on me. I have yet to stay at the Contemporary, but I will.

Lisa. What a lovely trip report. I'm sorry I didn't read it sooner. I'm so glad you had such a happy trip and ate too much. And got to spend time with family and the "lucky ones". Happy.

:flower3:Ah-dore this! There are families that vacation and families that don't. I'm so glad to be a family that does. So true.

Anyway. Precious memories. Yours. Made me think of mine. My family of 6, mom dad and four kiddos, drove down from Ohio in a little car in the eighties. I think I was eleven. We stayed off property. We parked at the TTC and of course took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I vividly recall, while on the monorail waiting for passengers to load/unload, looking down into Chef Mickey's and people were eating with characters at this fancy hotel. I can see the giant utensils. I thought - "So this is where the rich people stay" - then we were wisked away. It made such an impression on me. I have yet to stay at the Contemporary, but I will
.[/B]

:goodvibes YES YOU WILL! :wizard: That's right - yes you will.

I adored your vacation reminiscing.

AKA - No one left behind.

Lisa, loved watching you explain all that. :hug:

Glad YOU loved it. :lmao::love: I barely survived it. :laughing: Thank you for saying that!!!

Me too!

BTW, Lisa, I've started a TR on the VGC in CA, and there are going to be LOADS of light fixtures in this one!

ALISON! STOP IT! :lmao: I will be over there in ten seconds flat. :moped:

Lisa. What a lovely trip report. I'm sorry I didn't read it sooner. I'm so glad you had such a happy trip and ate too much. And got to spend time with family and the "lucky ones". Happy.

Thank you! I adore how you read it all with such :love:.

I thought I had to put my glasses on when I saw my TR sitting there. :lmao:;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter