Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

Thank you so very, very, very much for showing more boardwalk photos.

More points...oh are you giving away boardwalk points?? Yes Please!!! I'll go find out the chemical compounds of the POP art if you are giving away Boardwalk points!!!!

OK...now I'm a little confused. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here. I thought CJ was a Watusi cow that you introduced on page 2. What was she doing in a GV at BWV? Please note if CJ is a real live girl...I did not mean to call her a Watusi cow. We have never met...and well...I have no room to talk. I'm just referring back to page 2. Please advise.

As you can see...I'm loving your TR. More boardwalk photos please...Ok...this could go on all day. I love me some BW photos. LOL

On with trippie...

:lmao: Thanks for interacting with me. And entertaining me to no end. Makes it so much easier to get going - keep going.

CJ - :rotfl:

Go to the first page of this TR. He's there. One of the first couple of posts . As a human. And CJ is a boy - well I'm sure he's a man.

And hysterical. Read his TRs (they are linked)- they are SO good. SO good. This last one he took his daughter and six of her friends to WDW for her sixteenth birthday - hence their GV at the BW. He numbered the girls and #5 had his :love::rotfl2:. #5 - well - she got under his skin. So funny.

The other CJ - is an elan that refuses to leave the Sunset Savanna and his spot. Jean called out to him every single day like he had a water bowl and a collar. We found out his name because we were lucky enough to get a Savanna view on our last Value AKV stay as well. I rented - remember I keep misplacing my points -that one at the absolute last minute - days out - I won't even tell you what he sold it to me for. Unreal andr SO lucky. I couldn't believe no one was grabbing it. So what was I to do? Smiling.

Okay, caught up now. Awesome!! Love the pics of the BW... ah, Sept can't come fast enough.

Just the two of you or the family? I can't remember.

Oh, btw, I have totally had that view at BCV, but from the 2nd floor. Lucky! We also had a view from the other side of that building which did have the road, but also had Spaceship Earth. I've had that too. But BW blows it out of the water (for views), don't you think?

We scored a DD view Congress Park, also. One night AP-rate cash ressie on a studio that was upgraded to a 2-bed, no less. For 2 people! We made sure to lay on all the beds, at least.

Blessed and funny. :rotfl2: Love it.

Oh, and we got a Bay Lake view VWL 1-bed for our first DVC reservation. :)

Well don't make me put your picture up with the other two. But at least you're an owner.

We have had good luck too with the 7 day call before. SSR to BCV, actually. LOVE BCV. What am I saying, I love all of it! The best, eh? The best.

Thanks Kat. :lovestruc

OK...now I'm a little confused. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here. I thought CJ was a Watusi cow that you introduced on page 2. What was she doing in a GV at BWV? Please note if CJ is a real live girl...I did not mean to call her a Watusi cow.

OK, I leave the report for a couple of days and I am first called a cow and then a live girl. Actually, I thought I was an Eland. Insert smiley thing here.

Lisaviolet told you the references to my trip. I got a little possessive of the lower floor, MY big screen TV and MY Master bedroom.

Unless you read my TR, there was no way of knowing who or what I am. No offense was taken and it actually gave me a chuckle (I am sure a few others out there also). We need to stop with these cross trip report references before someone gets whiplash.

MY Grand Villa was right below the B in Boardwalk. The awning underneath is the main room's and the one on the second floor just to the left of that is one of the bedroom’s balcony.

CJ: I did read and love your TR with your daughter.

As for the eland references...I have not laughed so hard in a long time. I'm so sorry that I confused the two of you.

I am very glad that the eland was not in the GV. I'm sure he is very nice...but when it comes to Grand Villas...well, I bet he'd be like a bull in a china shop. Besides...he likes his SPOT on the savannah too much.

More boardwalk photos please...Ok...this could go on all day. I love me some BW photos. LOL

I upped the font size just in case anyone going through quickly thinks I'm a crazy woman who is pompously obsessed with her own BW pictures. :rolleyes1 ;):goodvibes

But thanks Mickey's Apprentice - I would have trashed these BW pics - these ones are from this trip and didn't make the cut. Poor tings. :goodvibes

100_5439.jpg

100_5450.jpg

100_5434.jpg

100_5449.jpg

Be back at some point.

I miss the Boardwalk....my kids chose NYC over Disney for March Break this year. Where did I go wrong with them!:confused3

Gotta tell you I'm loving your pictures and report.

Carry on!
Kim

Love this picture. Not sure why but I do. I also love your trip report. The Boardwalk pictures almost make me sad that we are staying at BLT in October. We have always stayed in the EPCOT area so this year should be interesting.

Can't wait to read more.

Okay - where were we before the eland fiasco. :lmao: I see I've been spelling that incorrectly the entire TR. popcorn::

We're at Tuesday. We had the boys the night before and I don't know when this happened - and THEY had park passes - they just wanted to sit and watch TV. Like fixated. We've had them many times and had a ball but hmmm. :confused3 Once upon a time we couldn't get them out of Community Hall or a park. :surfweb:

Oh wait - there was a funny that night. Four of us and we couldn't get the bed chesterfield to work. We're actually reading instructions thinking "what the heck are we doing wrong?"

Nothing. It wasn't us. First comes in maintenance. She has a whirl. Nope. Then she says engineer is coming. :3dglasses

Engineer?

And she, Ms. Engineer, came with all her tools. And banged and pulled and did whatever she did and VOILA. The TV boys could now watch more TV in a new TV position. They were fixated on Disney XD - which apparently Westgate doesn't have.

Morning. Jean's traditional breakfast for whoever is there. I don't have any pictures of this trip. But she's done this many a time - here is 2005? at OKW. My niece took a boatload of this party of 13. Thank Goodness - I was so busy coordinating I didn't take any.

WDWfamilyadventure087.jpg

WDWfamilyadventure088.jpg

So she fed the eight of us in our Value one bedroom and we all fit comfortably around the table. Which surprised me. Lovely brunch.

My parents left midday and the rest of the group just hung out.

I was wiped. My mother is ill. She had declined. I wasn't prepared for it emotionally (I haven't seen her since January - in Florida). And I had spent practically the entire vacation up until then figuring out cars, hotels, coupons, boarding passes, procedures, directions, getting lost MYW tickets retrieved for one family, giving my Dad a break from looking after my mom. It was just a case that no one could seem to do the simplest things (EDIT: actually that's not fair at times I just took over when it was easiest to do so - so I did it to myself at times)without involving me and it simply wiped me out.

Do I regret it? No. I will have more relaxing vacations - all the time in the world for that. And my parents are getting up there.

But regardless I was WIPED.

*** two things. I told this family four years ago to photocopy or write down the info on the back of their passes. I'm typing this just in case someone out there doesn't know that Disney is a spetacular company that will easily retrieve tickets when you lose them. :worship: Disney.

And two - I told the front desk - upfront - that I would be having visitors that were staying in their own resort - and I just told the truth that normally I put them on the room because we are together often - sometimes having the boys sleep over for a night - easier - but I couldn't put them on this time because of the dining plan but it would be so helpful if I could have a key.

And this option DOES exist with the dining plan. She was able to show the newbie CM how to make a key that wasn't attached to the dining plan (I didn't care if they were - I just wanted to be clear I wasn't trying to ride the system>) It has no codes on the key. It just worked.

So the rest of the day and maybe the next - naps, swimming, resort etc. I needed to recharge.

And at some point we went here -

100_5376.jpg

and here -

100_5356.jpg

It just never gets old, eh?

I think this was the walk over from the MK -

100_5355.jpg

And we thought we would do CS at the Contemporary. But first I became obsessed with these lighting fixtures. I looked like an absolute fool in a crowded lobby taking pictures of lighting fixtures but I didn't care. :dance3:

100_5363.jpg

And some more of Crystal's BLT :goodvibes -

100_5357.jpg

We decided to go the Poly CS instead. I love it there. Love the seating outdoors - love the sushi.

Off to the Poly -

100_5368.jpg

Don't we look so peaceful and happy and well mannered? :cloud9:

Well that will end momentarily. Within two monorail stops. :rotfl2:

Up next: Sushi ends up in a smack down. :rotfl:

OK, I leave the report for a couple of days and I am first called a cow and then a live girl. Actually, I thought I was an Eland. Insert smiley thing here.

Best part of this TR hand's down. :lmao::rotfl:

As for the eland references...I have not laughed so hard in a long time. I'm so sorry that I confused the two of you.

I'm not. :rotfl2:

And thank you to both of my teachers , and Kristen originally but I'm slow, for teachiing me how to spell ELAND. :surfweb:

I miss the Boardwalk....my kids chose NYC over Disney for March Break this year. Where did I go wrong with them!:confused3

Gotta tell you I'm loving your pictures and report.

Carry on!
Kim

Oh no no no Kim. I'm with the kids. NYC!!!:love:

I would love to hear about it. I have a link back to some of my time in NYC.

Love this picture. Not sure why but I do. I also love your trip report. The Boardwalk pictures almost make me sad that we are staying at BLT in October. We have always stayed in the EPCOT area so this year should be interesting.

Can't wait to read more.

Thanks Charity Lynn. It almost got trashed - so thanks.

You'll have a great time at BLT. You'll own the monorail. Nice. And walking back from MK. And if you have an AP - the lovely Epcot monorail - walking through Epcot to the BW. Heaven. :cloud9:

Have fun.

I understand though. I get that way with not choosing the BW. :goodvibes

Lisa, I swear pics just find you and jump on the camera. Love em.

Thanks Amiee. :love: Hey! You're on a trip right now!!!!:lmao: I just realized. Having fun?

OMG! My monitor has the EXACT same issue :lmao:

Do I really want to comment here?? :lmao:

Lisa, Sept is just D and I, no family. If our resale passes ROFR, we will have an extra 300 pts to play with (it comes fully loaded, 150 available now, and all banked and regular points coming 9/1).

I think we are doing a combo of weekend studio, BCV 1-bed, and maybe closing the trip with a weekend at Vero. So I might be pumping you for Vero info as you are the only person I know who has been there.

Mr Kat solves the spelling of animals' names by referring to all AK animals as "yaks" (except the giraffes). He calls Savanna View, "Yak View".

Well I'm getting NOTHING accomplished at home with the TR. Nada. So why stop now? :goodvibes

I guess I'm worried that if I don't keep up like a lunatic that I'll never finish it.

CONTEST:

100_5343.jpg

100_5344.jpg

And cause I was far too lazy to get into the high zero. Ham Ham notice my sweatshirt.

100_5347.jpg

No one can slam POP in my eyes. We visit there regularly. Fantastic salmon dinner - really - REALLY. :3dglasses It's actually fish of the day but salmon always seems to be the choice and great roast turkey dinner on selected nights. HUGE. One dinner can easily feed two. Outdoor tables. :lovestruc And you know what's really sad. That area - healthier options - shortest line. Oh and they used to have this fantastic cheese, walnut, apple and cracker plate. LOVED IT. Right up there with the BW bakery fruit plate - but sadly it seems to have disappeared. Good cupcakes as well.

Yes, that's right. I just shared the fine culinary selections - at POP of all places.

Loving all of the drunken monitor comments. Yes, I'm on an outing with the kids. Downtown Chicago just off Michigan. The kids are having a ball, but it's just not Disney. I feel the need to tell a few people to have a magical day.:rotfl2:

Do I really want to comment here?? :lmao:

Lisa, Sept is just D and I, no family. If our resale passes ROFR, we will have an extra 300 pts to play with (it comes fully loaded, 150 available now, and all banked and regular points coming 9/1).

I think we are doing a combo of weekend studio, BCV 1-bed, and maybe closing the trip with a weekend at Vero. So I might be pumping you for Vero info as you are the only person I know who has been there.

Mr Kat solves the spelling of animals' names by referring to all AK animals as "yaks" (except the giraffes). He calls Savanna View, "Yak View".

Kat - I just scared the living crap out of my cat. :lmao:

How? I made this OMG whooshing excited sound when I saw how loaded - I knew it was loaded I mean how loaded -your soon to be - crossing my fingers - contract is. How friggin' exciting is that.

Oh no Kat. Just go for the one bedroom the whole time! Forget about saving on the weekend. Splurge.

I love Vero. :dance3: I'll warn you some people claim boredom there. I don't get it. So beautiful.

Loving all of the drunken monitor comments. Yes, I'm on an outing with the kids. Downtown Chicago just off Michigan. The kids are having a ball, but it's just not Disney. I feel the need to tell a few people to have a magical day.:rotfl2:

Jealous Amiee. So jealous. Nice. :goodvibes

I know, eh? Drunken monitor. :laughing: My whole TR and that's what Nancy finds! :lmao: Of course. Mickey's Apprentice is too funny.

:love:

Yes Crystal - my shock held me captive:lmao: - I simply forgot to say this

You are going to have a ball. Such wonderful energy.

For sure - - After seeing another round of your amazing pics...the heavens have officially opened up and the angels are singing - the Boardwalk is Uh-Maz-Ing. AND, I will forever credit the *great* lisaviolet for my enlightenment. :worship:

And some more of Crystal's BLT :goodvibes -

100_5357.jpg

Ahhhhhh, as much as I have Boardwalk envy right now, that picture is pure visual bliss. My beautiful BLT. :love:

And...just have to say..."fine culinary selections" at the Pop?? For real?!? Your bewitching skills must extend to more than just getting unbelievable DVC rooms and views 'cause I've never experienced anything fine from the Pop in all the 1 time that I stayed there. Well, I take that back -- the ice cream sundaes were *mighty darn fine*. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter