• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

No offense to you, because your TR is fantastic but...I am totatlly with Crystal about Pop. One awful night there, one bad food court exeperience, never again!
We had our 1st BWV stay earlier this month and loved it - your great pictures are making me miss it so!
Keep it coming! :goodvibes

Love the pic of you and Jean on the monorail. And I especially like Jean's Pooh hair accessories!

My ticker says 43 days to our AKV stay -- I will ask your blessing that some of my pics turn out as well as all of yours.

I suspect you couldn't get them to leave the TV because they were enjoying your "value" digs at OKW! LOVE that place, and there is no better spot for a birthday party!:thumbsup2

For sure - - After seeing another round of your amazing pics...the heavens have officially opened up and the angels are singing - the Boardwalk is Uh-Maz-Ing. AND, I will forever credit the *great* lisaviolet for my enlightenment. :worship:

Yeah because lisaviolet prayed for you!!!!:rotfl:

I would love to meet you at the BW one day.

..I am totatlly with Crystal

Oh, come on!!!!

You're totally going with a girl who - we assume - has never walked out the back of Epcot. :lmao:;

Love the pic of you and Jean on the monorail. And I especially like Jean's Pooh hair accessories!

My ticker says 43 days to our AKV stay -- I will ask your blessing that some of my pics turn out as well as all of yours.

Thank you.

Years ago - we waiting outside Hoop Dee Doo - I've done it many a time but wanted to see when they storm in from the "I have no money":laughing: perspective.

And that funny guy says to the crowd. Look at the girl (Jean) - she has Pooh in her hair. :laughing:

Sorry to those who are eating lunch.

I suspect you couldn't get them to leave the TV because they were enjoying your "value" digs at OKW! LOVE that place, and there is no better spot for a birthday party!:thumbsup2

Diane - did you just chatise me? :laughing:;) I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly. ;)

That OKW picture was not this trip. I stated I was showing a picture of Jean's brunch in 2005 (2006?) because I had none of this trip in my "Value" room at AKV.

But good eyes - it was birthday time - a few days earlier - MINE. When I still lived in the land of the thirties. Decorations still up for brunch because I LOVE BIRTHDAYS. And not others - MINE. :laughing: I guess I can do pompous.

I get it. I GET IT. You thought I called the love of your life a VALUE. Oh Diane - NEVER. I ADORE OKW.

I seriously almost cried - probably did - when I entered that suite. It was one of our first stays - maybe third - and it was on the river and so incredibly beautiful.

No offense to you, because your TR is fantastic but...I am totatlly with Crystal about Pop. One awful night there, one bad food court exeperience, never again!
We had our 1st BWV stay earlier this month and loved it - your great pictures are making me miss it so!
Keep it coming! :goodvibes

Okay - just so I'm not misunderstood.

Would I stay at POP over any DVC?

NEVER. I do have a CRO resort that I love though - to come later.

Is it my favourite counter service?

NO.

1) WPE hand's down.

2) Pepper Market.

3) Used to love Earl of Sandwich - unfortunately I can't go in anymore - I've been ill three times - SAD I LOVE IT.

But POP would be up there. Why? They have four stations. I only visit one. The one to the right - some great choices. I love fish. Used to love Tusker House's salmon. But BUFFET nutsos took over.

And I adore the CS in Japan. The atmosphere. The location. The walk up through the garden.

So anywhere in WDW? Where? No Pop wouldn't make the top list. But it has some great surprises. Really great choices - you just wouldn't think.

So where?

First, I DETEST buffets.

ADORE Kona Cafe's food. Would probably be there a myriad of times. LOVE THE FOOD. And anywhere I can get a good steak

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. It's been so long since I've budgeted for TS.

And I also love eating in my suite. That's one of reasons we dreamt of DVC to hang out.

And I also love eating in my suite. That's one of reasons we dreamt of DVC to hang out.
So nicely put, it was dream to own and like your family we thouroughly enjoy our DVC. :thumbsup2

It's interesting how we live vicariously through the family vacations of others while waiting for our turn to come back around! Thanks and keep it coming!

Okay where was I....

We were on the monorail - it was St. Patrick's Day. Well - I had khakis on - does that count? No, eh? But my skin does - lovely paper thin whiter than white pinker than pink - wear a hat every day at WDW ::sad2:- Irish skin.

Summer WDW trips. I don't even go out out until after four. I've been fried with sweat proof, water proof high SPF sunscreen.

Okay, I need to stop now.

So we're off the Poly. Looked at the new CS CR - but decided on Poly - together (keep that fact in your mind for the smack down, okay?:surfweb:).

And there are gasps somewhere between the CR and the TTC. What Jean? What? She says nothing. Nothing. Just stares at me.

And a man said "four deer". Thank you. Sorry I missed it while I was staring at Lord knows what.

We laughed and laughed. Why? I knew why Jean didn't tell me. Why she couldn't say deer. I knew she saw because she was involved in the ooh la la (who knows where I was looking :lmao:)_.

It's because we have this little inside joke about deer, reindeer, caribou, Europe, North America, caribou, reindeer, bambi....... It's like a sixth degree of Rudolph joke. It's probably not even funny to anyone but us. I can't even explain it. It started when one my students shouted at me "It's a caribou!" when I called the animal on our quarter a moose. :lmao:

Deer, reindeer, caribou, moose....

Elin, Elan, ELAND....

These animals are giving me a big headache. :surfweb:

So anyway off to Poly. And the annoyance began right away. I was setting up a lovely picture of the waterfall below when you get off the monorail - was just about to push the "oh ya I got this one" button and a CM told me I HAD to move. NOW not after the picture - I did ask. I was nowhere near any monorail. Not even close. There was no one in the area. And I was moved behind the yellow line where the angle no longer worked.

Top of the mornin' to ya Mr. CM>

So into the POLY. I'm coming my little sushi.....

100_5371.jpg

100_5374.jpg

100_5372.jpg

No I didn't just jaunt off to Paris or New York.

Wouldn't that have been nice. :love:

I swear I'm in the POLY. This art IS in the Poly.

So hmmm. Here we go. Sushi. While I'm sighing in loveliness around such beautiful art - Jean's already in Captain Cook's. I was walking with supreme envy past Kona and Kona's outside sushi bar - not on my plan. Sighing. I need to make some more moulah.

I walk in.

No.

No what?

I'll eat back at the CR.

What? :scared1:

I'll sit while you eat - but I'll eat back at the CR.

But we just left the CR.

Yeah but I don't like anything.

(We've been here a myriad of times but she had her eyes on a flatbread with goat cheese at the CR - even though we agreed on the POLY. Yes I'm stubborn and trying to gain hostages here. What of it? :lmao:)

Can't I change my mind?

No.

Grab you sushi.

No. (The brat in me is out. Way out. ) NO. NO. NO. I'm literally throwing the sushi back in the fridge.

You can take it back to the CR or we'll eat in both places. I'll sit with you.

Can't you just order SOMETHING from here?

No.

(a lot of nos, eh? :lmao:)

In the brattiest voice ever -

Let's go.

Get you sushi. Lisa, get your sushi.

No.

Back on the monorail to CR.

Jean: Okay, let's go back to the Poly. I'll find something.

Me: NO!!!!! YOU WANT THE CR - WE ARE GOING TO THE CR. WE ARE GOING TO THE CR!!!

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

So ridiculous. Rational behaviour escapes us both at times. Especially me.

:3dglasses When I get to a certain place in my head - it's very hard to escape. :rolleyes1popcorn::

So this is why Ms. Crystal gets another picture.

100_5358.jpg

Up next: I have no idea. :

So nicely put, it was dream to own and like your family we thouroughly enjoy our DVC. :thumbsup2

It's interesting how we live vicariously through the family vacations of others while waiting for our turn to come back around! Thanks and keep it coming!

Ah, that's lovely. So glad you understand. Some people say "you're not in the room that much". But we are. That's why we love it.

Thanks BEASLEYBOO. :goodvibes

1) WPE hand's down.

2) Pepper Market.

ADORE Kona Cafe's food. Would probably be there a myriad of times. LOVE THE FOOD. And anywhere I can get a good steak

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. It's been so long since I've budgeted for TS.

LOVE WPE! We go over just to eat there. Awesome, awesome, awesome, and a great use of a CS credit.

LOVE Pepper Market. Same as above. Although, lately, it has been not quite as good. I also love CSR, though, it's my fav non-deluxe CRO resort for sure. So peaceful and beautiful.

Kona is also a great choice. They used to have the *best* filet on their menu, sigh. Sad.

I love Poly's CS too. Did I tell you EE and Amy and I went there just to get Tonga Toast for breakfast? Way cheaper than at Kona and oh-so-good.

We are in the room/at the resort a *lot*. Even with APs we plan resort time, pool time, etc. Mr Kat's philosophy is that WDW is way more than just the theme parks, it's the experience.

Oh, and yes, definitely a loaded contract. And $75/pt w/ seller paying closing. Please keep fingers crossed... we should find out by mid-April.

And by the way -

I'm on strike until someone "oooh and aaaahs" over my lighting fixture. popcorn:: You have no idea what I looked like in the crowded CR lobby bending and turning to get my glorious lighting fixture.

100_5363.jpg

Windows, buildings, lighting fixtures. This is what I was doing in Williamsburg as I was supposed to listening to a history lesson.

100_4509.jpg

100_4512.jpg

WOW! Great lighting fixture photos!
Please may I have some more? :rotfl:
I remember reading another TR a while back where the woman was also obsessed with light fixtures, and ever since that I have really been paying attention to them. They say a lot about Disney's attention for detail and theming!

Diane - did you just chatise me? :laughing:;) I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly. ;)

That OKW picture was not this trip. I stated I was showing a picture of Jean's brunch in 2005 (2006?) because I had none of this trip in my "Value" room at AKV.

But good eyes - it was birthday time - a few days earlier - MINE. When I still lived in the land of the thirties. Decorations still up for brunch because I LOVE BIRTHDAYS. And not others - MINE. :laughing: I guess I can do pompous.

I get it. I GET IT. You thought I called the love of your life a VALUE. Oh Diane - NEVER. I ADORE OKW.

I seriously almost cried - probably did - when I entered that suite. It was one of our first stays - maybe third - and it was on the river and so incredibly beautiful.
LOL, yes, I did think you were calling the OKW villa your "value" suite! Hey, but it IS the best value for the points, as far as I'm concerned! LOVE what a great place it is to celebrate anything!

Yeah because lisaviolet prayed for you!!!!:rotfl:

I would love to meet you at the BW one day.

Oh, come on!!!!

You're totally going with a girl who - we assume - has never walked out the back of Epcot. :lmao:;

Geeze - - I was sure feelin' the love until I scrolled down to the next line. :lmao: And, for what's it worth....my Disney savvy self didn't even know there was a back way into Epcot until a year ago. :rotfl2:

You have no idea what I looked like in the crowded CR lobby bending and turning to get my glorious lighting fixture.

Hon, you've got to give us more credit than *that* -- we're DISers -- we are always aware of how ridiculous we look when trying to get the money shots, and we sooooo appreciate the lengths that our fellow DISers go through in order to do so. BUT, so as to not make you feel slighted for your efforts, let me just tell you that those light fixtures that you posted are the freakin' awesomest, coolest, spectacularest fixtures I have ever seen. Ever. For real. :rotfl2::thumbsup2

WOW! Great lighting fixture photos!
Please may I have some more? :rotfl:
I remember reading another TR a while back where the woman was also obsessed with light fixtures, and ever since that I have really been paying attention to them. They say a lot about Disney's attention for detail and theming!

:laughing:

You sure she wasn't me? :lmao:

Windows. I am a nutcase about windows. I adore architecture. :lovestruc Buildings - I could just eat them.

I'm aware - cuckoo.

LOL, yes, I did think you were calling the OKW villa your "value" suite! Hey, but it IS the best value for the points, as far as I'm concerned! LOVE what a great place it is to celebrate anything!

It is. It SO is Diane. That was thirteen in that suite that day and tons of room. TONS.

Love YOUR;) Old Key West.

Ooooh.....aaaaah!

Why thank you sir. :lovestruc

I'm so overwhelmed and shocked by your compliments. :goodvibes;) They seem to have come out of nowhere.

Geeze - - I was sure feelin' the love until I scrolled down to the next line. :lmao: And, for what's it worth....my Disney savvy self didn't even know there was a back way into Epcot until a year ago. :rotfl2:

Hon, you've got to give us more credit than *that* -- we're DISers -- we are always aware of how ridiculous we look when trying to get the money shots, and we sooooo appreciate the lengths that our fellow DISers go through in order to do so.

On the bold -

PRICELESS. :lmao:

The vulnerability that you've shown on this thread. :lmao::rotfl:

On the not bold -:laughing:

Evidence. Proof. Stories. ;)

Mickey's Apprentice. Stop preventing me from pasting you!!!;) Well, that's quite the sentence. :surfweb:

I've been to through the POLY hundreds of times. Okay I'm being a bit dramatic. And I've seen the art in this area before

. But question - for those who frequent a lot - do they change it every month - regularly? Or no - I'm just too busy running for sushi or Tonga Toast?

I was just so taken this time.

100_5372.jpg

Okay short update on food.

Oh no - first - the CR - we stopped fighting and the food was okay.

Wait! I have more to say about this place.

First, this shot is just okay but I can so place it. It was at the MK bus depot waiting and waiting to get a POP bus so that I could get Mama's dinner - yes they call it that - Wednesday was roast turkey. :lmao:

100_5378.jpg

And to comment on my parents. In 1974 my parents took us to WDW. Of course there was only the Poly and the CR and FW. There was six of us. And an uncle. I don't know how the heck they did that. My father was a firefighter and at that time my mother stayed home. Every time I see the monorail flow through I just think "wow" - what a trip that must have been for them. One huge financial decision to make and plan. I clearly remember the book about WDW vacations. I read it for years afterward.

I remember the "E" tickets. I remember my mom having to go back to her room because my sister spun her around and around on the tea cups. I remember my sister and brother spending ALL their money on the first day on the speed boats (they've had so many names, eh?) not knowing or checking the price first. I remember the luau and the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. And a beer mug from the Country Bears Jamboree. Or maybe I just looked at the pictures with glee year after year after year. :laughing:

But I thank them.

They taught us - I believe because of misplaced ______I don't know the word - we just couldn't afford to travel as much - never in the more expensive winter -as people in our surroundings - and well they raised us to believe that those who travelled were spoiled - the children. It's not true. My parents were wrong. Fortunate and blessed yes. But not spoiled.

But I thank my parents for probably saving every last penny to take a family of six to a new and exciting place. SO MUCH. :love:

Okay, that's it. I'm getting mushy. :goodvibes

Up next: This. I never thought I would do this but my first picture of food. :rotfl:

100_5387.jpg

LOVE WPE! We go over just to eat there. Awesome, awesome, awesome, and a great use of a CS credit.

LOVE Pepper Market. Same as above. Although, lately, it has been not quite as good. I also love CSR, though, it's my fav non-deluxe CRO resort for sure. So peaceful and beautiful.

Kona is also a great choice. They used to have the *best* filet on their menu, sigh. Sad.

I love Poly's CS too. Did I tell you EE and Amy and I went there just to get Tonga Toast for breakfast? Way cheaper than at Kona and oh-so-good.

We are in the room/at the resort a *lot*. Even with APs we plan resort time, pool time, etc. Mr Kat's philosophy is that WDW is way more than just the theme parks, it's the experience.

Oh, and yes, definitely a loaded contract. And $75/pt w/ seller paying closing. Please keep fingers crossed... we should find out by mid-April.

Whoops. I missed this Kat.

I love Mr. Kat. :love: Can I say that? :lmao:;)

Tonga Toast - Well when I was fighting in there - I actually said - "shoot I forgot to make time for breakfast here - how did I forget TT?". I had it all planned and forgot. Most breakfasts were boiled eggs because we get up so late. But I did do WPE for breakfast. :lovestruc

I agree with you about Pepper Market. That's too bad. We practically used to live there on trips.

Can't wait for the contract to pass.

This thread needs more lighting fixtures!!! Yes, there are other dorks out there that take photos of lighting fixtures, these are from Kidani Village:

Disneymay09_20090501_0709.jpg

Disneymay09_20090501_0764.jpg

Disneymay09_20090501_0774.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter