Child-free, but not by choice?

Suzanne I'm glad to hear that you have some good news. Hugssssssssssssssssss I hope Saturday goes wonderful for you. Let us know. Best thoughts n wishes are with you!

Thank you Debbie, thank you so much. I will definitely fill you all in. You are sooo sweet :flower3:

Well, I had to work an early shift today, cause my co-worker had the day off. well, I get home at 10:00pm and just as I sit down, the doorbell rings, I ran out to answer it and it is DH with a big smile on his face, well I don't have to tell you where it went from there :rolleyes:, but he still went back to where he was staying because he had to get his stuff together and he had been up since 3:00am, and had to get up early to take students to the bus station in the morning. I am going to get him and his stuff at 11:45 and we will bring the turkey home and put it away and then go to lunch. He also asked me to go to the movies tomorrow night, so we are going to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

I need all of your help, I need some suggestions about what we can do to celebrate our Anniversary. DH wants to go away for the weekend, but I don't think we can fit it into our budget. Please help!!!!!

Suzanne

Well, I had to work an early shift today, cause my co-worker had the day off. well, I get home at 10:00pm and just as I sit down, the doorbell rings, I ran out to answer it and it is DH with a big smile on his face, well I don't have to tell you where it went from there :rolleyes:, but he still went back to where he was staying because he had to get his stuff together and he had been up since 3:00am, and had to get up early to take students to the bus station in the morning. I am going to get him and his stuff at 11:45 and we will bring the turkey home and put it away and then go to lunch. He also asked me to go to the movies tomorrow night, so we are going to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

I need all of your help, I need some suggestions about what we can do to celebrate our Anniversary. DH wants to go away for the weekend, but I don't think we can fit it into our budget. Please help!!!!!

Suzanne

Such great news!!!!! As for your weekend away....I say forget your budget, you both NEED this!!! I don't have any suggestions on where to go, as I'm not from your area. Are you far from San Destin, FL? It's really beautiful there, albeit a bit chilly this time of year.

I'm so happy for you, and am praying for you and your DH to have a wonderful weekend together!!! HUGS!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear about your night. Thats terrific news. Even if you cant get away for your anniversary do stuff you'd never do. Stay in bed together later into the morning just enjoying each others company. Have a candlelight dinner. Instead of going to a spa, buy a nice bottle of massage oil, light some candles and voila. Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Such great news!!!!! As for your weekend away....I say forget your budget, you both NEED this!!! I don't have any suggestions on where to go, as I'm not from your area. Are you far from San Destin, FL? It's really beautiful there, albeit a bit chilly this time of year.

I'm so happy for you, and am praying for you and your DH to have a wonderful weekend together!!! HUGS!!!!!!

I wish I could say forget the budget, but that really is out of the question, especially with what we spent on lunch and going to the movies this weekend, we could have gone away on that alone, almost.

I was thinking about going to the hotel where we spent our Honeymoon, but even that $110 is not really going to happen. I have to make the first payment on the house next week and with DH being gone for almost 2 weeks, he wasted his last paycheck, so I am having to scrape to get the bills paid.

we are only 4 hours from Destin/San Destin, but hotels there are really expensive and not only that, but gas is really expensive. If we weren't going to Disney in 29 days, I would jump on almost any trip.

I am so happy to hear about your night. Thats terrific news. Even if you cant get away for your anniversary do stuff you'd never do. Stay in bed together later into the morning just enjoying each others company. Have a candlelight dinner. Instead of going to a spa, buy a nice bottle of massage oil, light some candles and voila. Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

That sounds like a wonderful idea, I might take that and run with it. I would love to go to a spa, but we really don't have any around here that I know about, that really isn't my thing anyway. I don't like other people touching me. I would love to have a pedicure, though.

We may go to one of our favorite restaurants that we don't go to often and maybe a movie.

Suzanne princess:

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! As long as the two of you are together thats all that counts. The anniversary will make itself. Dont answer the phone, dont answer the door just spend time together alone. Remember all the good times over the years and expand on them. Have a great one sweetie you deserve it!!

Things went really well on Saturday. We went to Smokey Bones for lunch (not my favorite place and not cheap either), then we went by the naughty shop and got some treats, then went home for a little while. we then had to go get some groceries. I can't take DH to the grocery store, I would be broke if he went everyweek. He had to have some energy drinks, some Mike's Hard Lemonade, and a stupid video game that cost $30. Well, that one made me mad, but I didn't say anything, I just let him buy it, then he looks at me and says "You want an I-pod don't you, well they sure are expensive :headache: " I kept my cool, but it was hard. while he was gone, he bought 2 other video games and a DVD and spent $50 on a phone card for some cell phone his mother sent him, besides buying some clothes and stuff he could have gotten from our house. He could have bought me an I-pod with that money, but no he has to waste it on stuff he already has. OI better stop before I get really mad. I will be handling the paychecks from now on, as I did before. I can tell you I won't get anything for our Anniversary, and he beter not ask me where his gift is either, cause I'm sure I will have to pay the CC bill for the video game he bought on Saturday.

I forgot we went to see Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was a good movie, but very bland. It is not for children, they really wouldn't get it. I really don't know how to explain it, except don't waste your money.

You know I really do love the man, but I wish he was a little less selfish. Are they all that way? I wish for once, he would go out and buy me a gift without having to be hassled and then dragged by my mother. He hears me talk about stuff I would like to have, but if I want it, I have to go buy it myself and I really don't do it that much, I just do without it.

Oh he just really made me mad. He just called me to tell me that he is on the way home and we were talking about his check for this week and he says that the boss wants to make him pay $300/mo for that room he was staying in for 1 year, he wan't even there for 2 weeks. He said he was told that it was month by month. This guy is a real jerk. He just went out and bought a great big huge house that he didn't need. He had bought his wife a brand new van, well, it was acting up, so the place where he bought it was just going to swap it, but he decided to go somewhere else and buy a different one. He under pays his staff, well my husband, other employees with less experience make more. They don't treat him right at all, and I don't know what to do about it. I have tried to talk to him about finding another job, but he wants to drive Over the road again, but I know they won't let him because of his record, but I don't know how to convince him. Maybe if he applies and they turn him down he will get it. We'll see. Besides I don't like him being gone so much. He has a terrible time keeping a job and I am afraid that will start again. He has been at his current job for over 2 years now and that is a miracle. Most of his jobs don't last but a few weeks, but one has lasted 6 months.

As you can see things seem back to almost normal. I want better than normal.

Have a great evening everybody.

Suzanne

Things went really well on Saturday. We went to Smokey Bones for lunch (not my favorite place and not cheap either), then we went by the naughty shop and got some treats, then went home for a little while. we then had to go get some groceries. I can't take DH to the grocery store, I would be broke if he went everyweek. He had to have some energy drinks, some Mike's Hard Lemonade, and a stupid video game that cost $30. Well, that one made me mad, but I didn't say anything, I just let him buy it, then he looks at me and says "You want an I-pod don't you, well they sure are expensive :headache: " I kept my cool, but it was hard. while he was gone, he bought 2 other video games and a DVD and spent $50 on a phone card for some cell phone his mother sent him, besides buying some clothes and stuff he could have gotten from our house. He could have bought me an I-pod with that money, but no he has to waste it on stuff he already has. OI better stop before I get really mad. I will be handling the paychecks from now on, as I did before. I can tell you I won't get anything for our Anniversary, and he beter not ask me where his gift is either, cause I'm sure I will have to pay the CC bill for the video game he bought on Saturday.

I forgot we went to see Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was a good movie, but very bland. It is not for children, they really wouldn't get it. I really don't know how to explain it, except don't waste your money.

You know I really do love the man, but I wish he was a little less selfish. Are they all that way? I wish for once, he would go out and buy me a gift without having to be hassled and then dragged by my mother. He hears me talk about stuff I would like to have, but if I want it, I have to go buy it myself and I really don't do it that much, I just do without it.

As you can see things seem back to almost normal. I want better than normal.
Have a great evening everybody.

Suzanne

Suzanne,
I am glad things went well on Saturday. To answer your question-
No, they are not all that way (Thankfully:) ). It took me a long time being away from my ex to learn that. I TOTALLY understand how you feel. I have been there. The "I want better than normal" was exactly what I said a few years ago. Please PM if you want to talk.

Suzanne,

I am glad that things are going better and that you are feeling happier and that your DH is speaking to you, etc. I hope that you both enjoy your anniversary.

But, I also have to admit that I have been struggling with how to respond to some of the things you've shared. I really do not want to meddle in your marriage, but some of the things you describe really worry me.

Your DH's stepmother may find that pretending she doesn't care works for her, but it's not what I would want in my marriage. I do care, and I want the person I love to care that I care. It is clear to me that you care as well. I think that is a good thing.

Suzanne, please know that I am expressing my concerns only because I care about you. I can be here in any capacity you want/need. If you just want someone to listen, then I will continue to do so. If you would like a more direct response (i.e. a sharing of concerns and discussion of ideas/approaches), then, I can be here in that capacity--either in the forum or through pm.

Hi Suzanne,
Wanted to respond to your post on Resorts, but not resort related. Happy 6th Anniversary! I hope you plan a lovely time together. :goodvibes Maybe if the Ipod doesn't appear for anniversary, any chance "Santa" might bring it?
All the best to you, lilyv

Hi Suzanne,
Wanted to respond to your post on Resorts, but not resort related. Happy 6th Anniversary! I hope you plan a lovely time together. :goodvibes Maybe if the Ipod doesn't appear for anniversary, any chance "Santa" might bring it?
All the best to you, lilyv

Thank you for the well wishes. One can only hope, but probably not, if it did, I know mom would be behind it and her money is tighter than tight this year, so I can comfortably say I won't get it this year.

Suzanne,

I am glad that things are going better and that you are feeling happier and that your DH is speaking to you, etc. I hope that you both enjoy your anniversary.

But, I also have to admit that I have been struggling with how to respond to some of the things you've shared. I really do not want to meddle in your marriage, but some of the things you describe really worry me.

Your DH's stepmother may find that pretending she doesn't care works for her, but it's not what I would want in my marriage. I do care, and I want the person I love to care that I care. It is clear to me that you care as well. I think that is a good thing.

Suzanne, please know that I am expressing my concerns only because I care about you. I can be here in any capacity you want/need. If you just want someone to listen, then I will continue to do so. If you would like a more direct response (i.e. a sharing of concerns and discussion of ideas/approaches), then, I can be here in that capacity--either in the forum or through pm.

I would really appreciate any advice from anyone. I don't have much experience with men, I grew up in a house with my mom and grandmother, so I don't know how to deal with them (men that is). I dated a guy when I was in my early 20's, but that only lasted about 2 years. DH is the only man I have ever been with in every matter of life.

Please PM me, I do really need a little direction/ideas/approaches. I really love my husband and want this to work.

Suzanne,

I'm so glad to hear you say, "I want better than normal." You deserve better than normal, MUCH better!!! I know that you love your DH with all of your heart, but at the same time, please don't feel like you must live your life by walking on eggshells for fear that he will walk out on you. I'm not saying that you are doing this (walking on eggshells), but just want to make sure that you are sticking up for yourself as needed. HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. A little update from me. We just had another failed IVF cycle. So how do I console myself? By booking the DVC Members Cruise in Sept. 2008!!!!! Is anyone else going???

Suzanne, you deserve better than normal. Everyone does. DH and I have been married for 20 yrs with i'll admit some tough times in between but dont live your life worrying that he may walk out on you. Its not fair to you. He also needs to think about you and not just him. I hate to say it but it sure seems like he's taking you for granted. He needs to wake up and treat you with little things. Buy you something nice for your birthday, anniversary, christmas, just to say he loves you and stop buying himself video games etc. Hope this doesnt upset you Just want to see you happy and get the happiness you deserve. Hugssssssssssssss

P.S. A little update from me. We just had another failed IVF cycle. So how do I console myself? By booking the DVC Members Cruise in Sept. 2008!!!!! Is anyone else going???

Nennie--I'm so sorry! It seems like so little, but know that there are people who realize how painful this must be.

As for the member cruise, we booked the free dining bounce-back for Sept. and are/were planning to check out on the 21st. So, that aligns perfectly with the member cruise. Thus, we looked at it rather excitedly. But, the cost just seems too high to justify for only 4 days. I'm sure that it is fully booked by now, but if there are spots later on then who knows, we might change our minds.

Suzanne,

I'm so glad to hear you say, "I want better than normal." You deserve better than normal, MUCH better!!! I know that you love your DH with all of your heart, but at the same time, please don't feel like you must live your life by walking on eggshells for fear that he will walk out on you. I'm not saying that you are doing this (walking on eggshells), but just want to make sure that you are sticking up for yourself as needed. HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: I am so sorry about that. I have been so self-absorbed lately that I have forgotten about everyone else.

I think I may have been walking on egg shells at first, but I know I can't do that, but I do have to watch what I say, because I am one to resort to name calling and belittling and that isn't right, either.

Suzanne, you deserve better than normal. Everyone does. DH and I have been married for 20 yrs with i'll admit some tough times in between but dont live your life worrying that he may walk out on you. Its not fair to you. He also needs to think about you and not just him. I hate to say it but it sure seems like he's taking you for granted. He needs to wake up and treat you with little things. Buy you something nice for your birthday, anniversary, christmas, just to say he loves you and stop buying himself video games etc. Hope this doesnt upset you Just want to see you happy and get the happiness you deserve. Hugssssssssssssss

I do deserve better than that, but I know I should also treat him better too, as I said to Nennie, I have a way of name calling and belittling and I know that doesn't help the situation.

He has really been more touchy/feely, and a little more considerate lately. I can tell he is trying some.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't shop too much on Friday. We went to my cousin's house for dinner and had a nice evening just talking and playing with her children. I actually had her 2 year old a good bit of the day and she was just a sweety, that is highly unusual for her though. If you talked to her without seeing her, you would think she was about 5 year old, they grow up too fast.

I found a Target gift card in my old safe that my in-laws had given us a couple of years ago that had $100 on it, I had put it away to buy baby stuff with, also found a $50 bill with it, so I took it and bought me a digital camera, so I can take more pictures at WDW. I now have a film camera and this digital camera and I am looking forward to taking some great pictures in 23 days :woohoo:

DH did buy me, well not an i-pod, but a Zune, I decided I liked its features better, so he ordered it from Dell and got it for $100 off, plus a pink case for it to go in. It is on back order until about Feb 1, 2008, but it was such a great savings I didn't mind waiting. My 16 year old cousin said it's a piece of crap, but it is what I wanted, so I am getting it, she prefers the i-pod.

We more or less moved this weekend also, now we didn't move all of our stuff, but we did move our bed and the rest of our animals and will continue to move furniture and other stuff in the next few weeks. We have to move stuff in the new house around to make room for my old stuff and had to organize things in plastic boxes and put them in the attic, so now I have to finish cleaning the attic so we can put those boxes in the attic and then put more stuff up there. We are temporarily going to be smushed in, but at least we will finally be in one house. I have to get the Directv turned off, but I am holding out on the electric and water until we are completely out, because well, we need light to see and water for cleaning, but they aren't too expensive to keep on.

I better get back to work.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne - nice to hear from you. Congrats on moving. I dont have an Ipod I have an RCA mp 3 player and I love it. I use it for cutting the lawn (all 3 acres) on the lawntractor and would be very upset if an IPOD fell in front of it so this one does me well. Must be the weekend for Digital cameras, my dh bought me one this weekend for going to disney he walked out of the store and said Merry Christmas early. It was a nice surprise. We have 3 35 mm film cameras so this will take some getting used to. I love it tho it can take beach pictures, snow pictures and fireworks pictures I havent reviewed all the options yet but the fireworks one was a must. Hope you had a great weekend! Now get back to work!!! lol

Hi Suzanne - nice to hear from you. Congrats on moving. I dont have an Ipod I have an RCA mp 3 player and I love it. I use it for cutting the lawn (all 3 acres) on the lawntractor and would be very upset if an IPOD fell in front of it so this one does me well. Must be the weekend for Digital cameras, my dh bought me one this weekend for going to disney he walked out of the store and said Merry Christmas early. It was a nice surprise. We have 3 35 mm film cameras so this will take some getting used to. I love it tho it can take beach pictures, snow pictures and fireworks pictures I havent reviewed all the options yet but the fireworks one was a must. Hope you had a great weekend! Now get back to work!!! lol

I am sooo excited to get to try out my new camera, it even has a video mode. I still have to get an SD card for it, but I am trying to find one on sale, cause the one I want is $40. I am still going to take my 35mm that I got last year for Christmas. I wish we would get our Zune's before we leave, cause I can put it in my ears and sleep for the ride down. We are going to get a very early start on the morning of Dec 19 about 5:00am, so I will need to sleep, since I don't get home form work until midnight and you know we will be too excited to sleep :banana:

I hope everyone else is doing well. Dh and I took my mom and my 9 year old cousin to see Enchanted on Saturday evening and it was a wonderful movie, even DH liked it. Giselle is my new favorite princess, after Belle of course. We are continuing our move and may not be able to move everything because we are running out of room in the new house, cause we still have all of the estate furniture and I don't know when we will be able to move that. We are almost packed to the gills in there and we haven't moved any furniture yet. I have decided that I would like to sell my refrigerator, but don't know how to go about doing that. I am giving away some of the small appliances that we have more than one of. Once we get everything gone through and packed to move or to get rid of I am going to have a yard sale, so maybe I can get rid of alot of things that way. We'll see.

Dh and I celebrate out 6th Anniversary this coming Saturday, but we haven't decided what we want to do yet. There is a movie we want to see, but it doesn't come out until Dec 14, so maybe we will go out for a romantic dinner. Our WDW trip is sort of an Anniversary/Christmas present, so we are more or less going to celebrate there as well.

Dinner break is over, better get back to work.

Suzanne princess:

Hi, Suzanne.

Sorry I haven't been around on this thread. With our trip right around the corner I have been so busy planning it on the regular threads. DH and I will be celebrating our 11th Anniversary during our trip so I am also looking at the trip as our Anniversary and Christmas present to each other.

We are having dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on our Anny (12/17) and I ordered a special cake for dessert. After that we are heading over to the WL for a romantic sleigh ride (I hope, lol) at 9:30 pm.

That is GREAT that you found the Target g/c and $50 bill! What a find! Yay to a new camera! I am such a photo nut! I'll wind up taking 700 pictures or so during our 8 night stay. Last week I changed our reservation from the Villa's at the Wilderness Lodge to the Polynesian. I can't wait to experience a resort on the monorail line!

Melissa/Missie

Wow, we have fallen to the way side. Well, Dh and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary on Dec 8 with a lovely dinner at the Bulloch House in Warm Springs, Ga, then we wandered through some of the shops and then went over to Callaway Gardens and drove through Fantsy in Lights.

We have been really busy these last couple of weeks. We have moved more things to the new house and Sunday we got packed for our trip beginning on Wednesday, bright and early at 5:30am. We should arrive at WDW about 1:00pm.

We went back to court today and my mom was awarded sole custody of my 16 year old cousin. She was really relieved, she didn't want to go back to her father's home with so much turmoil. So I guess I get to sort of be a parent to her.

Well, I found out last week that the non-profit hospital next door has made the intent to purchase my hospital, so this means I could be out of a job before the end of next year. I am not looking forward to that. They will probably wait until the last minute to say something too. I am just not going to worry about it right now. I will worry when I get back after Christmas.

I better get back to work. I was about 4.5 hours late because of court.

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter