Cheapest way to call back home?

joshua4

DIS Veteran
DH needs to call back to the office at least once a day while we are on the 3/2 cruise and I am exploring the cheapest option for him. I know it is $7/min calling from the boat and it is $3 /min using a satellite phone. Anyone have any suggestions for a phone card that gets good rates from the caribbean? I am encouraging my husband to take the sea days off and only check in from St Thomas and St Martin.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Josh's mom

Could he check in at the office via e-mail? There is an internet cafe on board open 24 hours and one week unlimited usage is about $80.00.

MJ

I agree. He should make it clear that he will only be accessible via email while you're away. He could leave that on his voice mail greeting. And he could set up a Hotmail account that he uses during that week so he doesn't have to give his regular email address out to those he doesn't want to have it.

You can use the payphones at the port at St Thomas. They cost 50 cents a call (even if you use a calling card, so remember to bring quarters). Then use an AT&T prepaid calling card like you can get at Sam's Wholesale club. These are 4 cents per minute, even from St. Thomas.

Using the internet cafe is great advice. Pay the flat rate- it's worth it.

...Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter