Can we change resorts if the announce free dining?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
Okay, so by staying at Pop instead of our usual POR, we are saving about $400.

1. **BUT** if they announce free dining, it would make more sense to stay at POR. Is changing resorts allowed... it seems like it is.

ALSO, I've heard that there is speculation that the next free dining offer will exclude value resorts...

2. anyone else heard this (I really hope its not true)..

Anyway, I just want to make sure if they announce free dining, that I can change me reservations to take advantage of the offer..

3. also, does change your room reservations affect the ADRs you've already made?

THANKS!!!!!

1. **BUT** if they announce free dining, it would make more sense to stay at POR. Is changing resorts allowed... it seems like it is.

ALSO, I've heard that there is speculation that the next free dining offer will exclude value resorts...

Anyway, I just want to make sure if they announce free dining, that I can change me reservations to take advantage of the offer..

3. also, does change your room reservations affect the ADRs you've already made?

THANKS!!!!!

1. Yes, if there is availability.

2. Haven't heard a thing, except that free dining may be going away in favor of promotions similar to the one being offered now (package discounts).

3. No.

Changing resorts should not change your ADRs. Also you will have to call Disney directly to make this change. I know there is a chance with already booked they can say no (it is in small print in most if the offers) but I have never heard of them saying no as long as you are outside your 45 day cancelation window.

Changing resorts should not change your ADRs. Also you will have to call Disney directly to make this change. I know there is a chance with already booked they can say no (it is in small print in most if the offers) but I have never heard of them saying no as long as you are outside your 45 day cancelation window.

I was thinking if they said no, I could cancel the ressie and book and entirely new pacakge, but I was worried about losing ADRs.... if I wouldn't lose ADRs I would probably do this if they didn't allow me to add the new package discount or free dining...

We are going Oct 6- 11th and I'm hoping that we don't miss out on a discount :)

So..... the last three years, mousesavers said that Disney announced free dining for September date in April. But then in July, announced free dining for October-December.

It's going to be hard waiting from April - July to see what happens ;)

THANKS!!!!!

1. You can change resorts provided the resort you want is available under the free dining promo. Also, it can be modified only if you already have a package booked. If you currently have a room only reservation and want to change to a package (i.e., free dining), the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded, and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (or payment in full if done 45 days or less prior to arrival) as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

2. I do remember seeing a thread that talked about free dining possibly being offered to just mods and deluxes, but not the values, with the free dining being the QSDP and not the regular DDP.

3. Changing your resort reservation will not effect your ADRs.

LisaTN said:

Anyway, I just want to make sure if they announce free dining, that I can change me reservations to take advantage of the offer.

THANKS!!!!!

I'll believe that when I see it. What's going to happen to those thousands of value resort rooms they need to fill during the fall value season if they don't offer free dining on those rooms? That would be crazy. I doubt Disney is going to shoot themselves in the foot like that. They might offer quick service free dining to all resort levels, but completely locking the values out of that discount seems highly unlikely.

Keep in mind also that Disney only sets aside a limited amount of rooms for free dining (if they did free dining) at each resort- once those are filled, you can't get free dining at that resort and would need to switch resorts. For example, if Disney only sets aside 1000 rooms at POR for free dining, and those sell out before you call to switch, you wouldn't be able to do it. That goes for almost every Disney promotion/discount. Just FYI!

TheDisney411 said:
I'll believe that when I see it. What's going to happen to those thousands of value resort rooms they need to fill during the fall value season if they don't offer free dining on those rooms? That would be crazy. I doubt Disney is going to shoot themselves in the foot like that. They might offer quick service free dining to all resort levels, but completely locking the values out of that discount seems highly unlikely.

Sometimes they do quick service for values and standard dining for mods/deluxes. I do agree that they wouldn't exclude values entirely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter