Can two families share Memory Maker?

What if the two parents say that "[Mom]&[Dad] can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos." BUT "[Child 1] & [Child 2] cannot view your plans or photos." Though "[Mom] manages this account"

Since [Mom] manages the children's account, are we safe to assume that if the children get a picture or two separate from their parents we will still see it since it [Mom] manages their accounts? Keep in mind that [Mom] "can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos."

Thanks in advance!:worship:
It does work like a pyramid or org chart. If {mom} can view and purchase your photos and {mom} owns/controls the kids' accounts, then all photos of {mom} and kids will appear in the shared MM.

I can't follow if you did this step, but you have to add the kids via friends and family as well. Make sure you do that and then the kid's Mom needs to go into her account where she manages the child's account and say that your MDE can view and purchase their photos

Yes, your family and friends all need to be linked under the MDE accounts and they have to give you permission to view their photos. Only YOU the purchaser can download the photos but once you do that you are free to do whatever you want with them. Make prints, CD's, etc. When we have large family gatherings at Disney we always get a Memory Maker and split the cost

Memory Maker question! Because our trip is the middle of November- advice please!- can I order CDs of all the pictures and get prints later on? I need to get 5 CDs!

I probably need to be clearer- our trip is at such a busy time of year and I haven't done anything like this before- I need to do pictures/CDs for 5 families- our kids and ourselves. TIA!

You can download the photos onto as many CDs as you want-- 1 CD or 5, they don't care.

We did this last year with another family and overlapping vacations (4th-13th April and 13th-21st April).

I would say, take the time check that everyone's magic band is communicating and linking problem, we found despite having all the correct linking settings etc, one person magic band was not sharing, we had Photopass CM in the Magic Kingdom and over the phone and for some reason it couldn't be fixed, wasn't a massive drama, from then on the rest of her party scanned their bands and was fine.

Simple to check, on the first day have everyone scan their magic band at a different photographer and log in an check they are all there.

Also I would be hesitant sharing with random people, I don't want strangers having access to photos of my kids

Ok so just so I am clear... I am a family of 4 - me DH, DS, DD. We are linked to my friend's family of 4. The mom in the other family has purchased the memory maker under her account.
-My account says "Disneyfam23 manages this account" for each family member in my account.
-Under family and friends for my friend *the mom* it says "Mom can view and purchase your photopass photos". So we are good right? All of my kids' photos and my photos should show up under her photopass account (we will double check while in the park) right?
-BUT she is the only one that can download them right? So she would have to dl for me onto a flash drive or something or give me access to her account?
-And what about my edits? I can do edits but not dl them right? How do I get them? THANKS so much!!

Ok so just so I am clear... I am a family of 4 - me DH, DS, DD. We are linked to my friend's family of 4. The mom in the other family has purchased the memory maker under her account.
-My account says "Disneyfam23 manages this account" for each family member in my account.
-Under family and friends for my friend *the mom* it says "Mom can view and purchase your photopass photos". So we are good right? All of my kids' photos and my photos should show up under her photopass account (we will double check while in the park) right?
-BUT she is the only one that can download them right? So she would have to dl for me onto a flash drive or something or give me access to her account?
-And what about my edits? I can do edits but not dl them right? How do I get them? THANKS so much!!
ALL editing and downloading must be done in the account that "owns" the MM.

Good - step 1 is everyone is managed or linked and can be seen in friends and family. Disneyfam23 is the manager of things like tickets and reservations for your family.
Good - it seems you have set your account to share pictures with the other Mom and it can see she has purchased Photopass

and as the last poster said, yes, only she can download the pictures, so she must share them by flash drive or similar. She has to do edits or give you access. If you do edits you have to pay to download the pictures. Let her do it.

It appears that in the past you had to tell them you wanted the photo - but now it's automated? I'm just not sure I want to risk 'accepting' that the picture has been captured when maybe it hasn't.. Is the only way to ensure it to scan your band too? In the 'automated' method, how does it know which part of the carriage you were in? I'd hate to get a shot of a row of strangers and half a row of me and my family...
If I am linked to another family in MDE but they don't have bands (just a one day Epcot pass!), how can they get pictures?
I'm afraid you have no choice when it comes to 7D. There is no place to scan your band.

Your bands are automatically scanned all over the parks, even if you don't buy MM.

Welcome to our Brave New World.

In most cases your entire car is scanned, not just a row. You WILL end up with pictures of strangers. Now early on, there was one trip where Buzz was out of sync. Every time we went on it, we didn't end up with the right picture, but that as early AND we did scan our bands. Didn't matter.

One other thing to note....if someone makes a rude gesture, takes of their top. or otherwise does something inappropriate, you won't be allowed to see those images.

You also have a limited amount of time after you get back to do something with your images.

Ok. So.

3 rooms.

Room 1: Me
Room 2: Kim
Room 3: Kelly

I, room 1, purchase Memory Maker. On MDE, Kelly and Kim are set to both view all my plans, and can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos.

So- this means that, if anyone in my room, or anyone in Kim or Kelly's room, have their photo taken by either a photographer or a ride, it will show up in my Memory Maker. Whether or not I am present, right?

Ok. So.

3 rooms.

Room 1: Me
Room 2: Kim
Room 3: Kelly

I, room 1, purchase Memory Maker. On MDE, Kelly and Kim are set to both view all my plans, and can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos.

So- this means that, if anyone in my room, or anyone in Kim or Kelly's room, have their photo taken by either a photographer or a ride, it will show up in my Memory Maker. Whether or not I am present, right?
Yep! :thumbsup2
If anyone in Kim or Kelly's rooms has their own MDE accounts, then they need to show up by name in your MDE and also show "can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos". If they are Kim and Kelly's kids, for instance, and do not have their own account, they should be listed as "Kim manages this account" and therefore their magic bands will link their photos to photopass already (because Kim does) and it doesn't matter whether you all are together or apart when photos are taken. Have fun!

I'm afraid you have no choice when it comes to 7D. There is no place to scan your band.

Your bands are automatically scanned all over the parks, even if you don't buy MM.

Welcome to our Brave New World.

In most cases your entire car is scanned, not just a row. You WILL end up with pictures of strangers. Now early on, there was one trip where Buzz was out of sync. Every time we went on it, we didn't end up with the right picture, but that as early AND we did scan our bands. Didn't matter.

One other thing to note....if someone makes a rude gesture, takes of their top. or otherwise does something inappropriate, you won't be allowed to see those images.

You also have a limited amount of time after you get back to do something with your images.
Hopefully, if you end up with the wrong pictures, you can either call or use the "report missing photos" function on the site to get the right photos added. If you can describe the wrong pictures that DID appear and the description of the people you're supposed to have in your picture along with time & place they often can locate the right ones for you.

You do have 45 days from the date each picture was taken in order to perform all your edits and download your pictures; so 45 days from the first day of your vacation. The site is slow, so I highly recommend not waiting til the very last minute. I know they sometimes give you a free extension if there are technical problems and I believe you can also purchase an extension if needed, but I don't know the price.

Hopefully, if you end up with the wrong pictures, you can either call or use the "report missing photos" function on the site to get the right photos added. If you can describe the wrong pictures that DID appear and the description of the people you're supposed to have in your picture along with time & place they often can locate the right ones for you.

You do have 45 days from the date each picture was taken in order to perform all your edits and download your pictures; so 45 days from the first day of your vacation. The site is slow, so I highly recommend not waiting til the very last minute. I know they sometimes give you a free extension if there are technical problems and I believe you can also purchase an extension if needed, but I don't know the price.

I suppose we could have, but the Buzz images weren't a high priority, and I can't imagine that WDW didn't fix the problem.

Yes, the website for editing the photos didn't impress me very much. As you said, it is clunky and glitchy. I found it a bit frustrating to use. The one fun aspect is this- the borders they offer are seasonal. If you edit your photos right away then revisit near the 45 day mark- you may well discover that a slightly different set of holiday/seasonal borders are available!

For us, the photos we take ourselves are usually more than enough to satisfy our picture cravings. IMO, the ride photos just aren't that great. Mostly, we're very happy to let them get away.

Actually the best photo we took on our most recent trip was one where we used the special 360 feature on our phone! On some phones it might also be called wide angle option.

I suppose we could have, but the Buzz images weren't a high priority, and I can't imagine that WDW didn't fix the problem.

Yes, the website for editing the photos didn't impress me very much. As you said, it is clunky and glitchy. I found it a bit frustrating to use. The one fun aspect is this- the borders they offer are seasonal. If you edit your photos right away then revisit near the 45 day mark- you may well discover that a slightly different set of holiday/seasonal borders are available!

For us, the photos we take ourselves are usually more than enough to satisfy our picture cravings. IMO, the ride photos just aren't that great. Mostly, we're very happy to let them get away.

Actually the best photo we took on our most recent trip was one where we used the special 360 feature on our phone! On some phones it might also be called wide angle option.

I recently heard about the 360 photos. We are going to Disney in 2 months and would love to take some 360 photos of my own. What kind of phone do you have?

I'm also considering purchasing the Memory Maker so I don't have to bring my DSLR, but I'm nervous the quality of the photos won't be good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter