Can two families share Memory Maker?

OK, I hate to sound like an idiot but this was not happening the last time I was there. How do you make sure your ride pictures show up if you do not go to the counter? That would be awesome to not have to wait in the line!

Short answer: magic!

Longer answer: your MB can transmit a long enough range signal that it "gets" the pic for you without you having to do anything other than ride the ride. :) Pretty spectacular!

You have to make sure that in each of the person's friends and family link with you has the box checked allowing you to share/purchase their photos. That is allows their MBs to be used to get the photos for that MM purchase.

My family, under my MDE show up as "invite to plan and share", or "cannot be invited to plan/share". No-one lese has an MDE account, and one is a child under 13. Also, some people I've invited to be friends and family can show up as "cannot view your photpass photos - <name> manages this account", even though <name> can view/purchase photos (person managing that family's MDE account).

Can both of these user groups link to my Memory maker for photos/ride photos etc. I cannot get everyone to share/purchase my photos, as many are managed by either myself, my brother or uncle (one person per reservation manages everyone).

My family, under my MDE show up as "invite to plan and share", or "cannot be invited to plan/share". No-one lese has an MDE account, and one is a child under 13. Also, some people I've invited to be friends and family can show up as "cannot view your photpass photos - <name> manages this account", even though <name> can view/purchase photos (person managing that family's MDE account).

Can both of these user groups link to my Memory maker for photos/ride photos etc. I cannot get everyone to share/purchase my photos, as many are managed by either myself, my brother or uncle (one person per reservation manages everyone).

As long as the owners of the MDE accounts have been invited to plan and share and are authorized to view/purchase photos you should be fine. The owner of the account is basically authorizing it for all members on their account. For instance, my minor son is on my account but because I have authorized everything for my account, his ride pictures and pictures from scanning his band show up on my mom's account too.

You have to make sure that in each of the person's friends and family link with you has the box checked allowing you to share/purchase their photos. That is allows their MBs to be used to get the photos for that MM purchase.
Where do I find those boxes to check? I don't see them. :confused3

This is the issue I am having. The "manager" of the account I invited says "can view and purchase your photopass photos" so I know she is good. However, the rest of her family says either "invitation pending" --they don't have their own accounts -- or "cannot be invited to plan and share" -- too young. I am worried that their magic bands won't work for photos. :scared:

As long as the owners of the MDE accounts have been invited to plan and share and are authorized to view/purchase photos you should be fine. The owner of the account is basically authorizing it for all members on their account. For instance, my minor son is on my account but because I have authorized everything for my account, his ride pictures and pictures from scanning his band show up on my mom's account too.
So I am worried for nothing? The owner of the account I invited looks fine from my account. It says she can view and purchase photos. So everyone else in her family/on her account is good to go? I don't want to mess everything up for them. :upsidedow

The dates don't have to be the same. Photos remain in your account for 45 days from the day they were taken. The MM is just an entitlement to 30 days of downloading the photos. Even if your friends start downloading photos on the first day of their vacation, you still won't have reached that 30 days by the end of your trip, so you should be good with 1 MM.

Yes and no. It doesn't really matter who pays. HOWEVER, ONLY the person that pays will be able to view the ride photos and be able to edit the ones for downloading. The other people will be able to view the photos (except for the rides) on their account and do edits, but their edits won't be available for download by the person with the MM entitlement.

It just knows. In 3 weeks at WDW, we have only had 1 ride photo not linked properly. It linked the car in front of the one I was in. It was easily fixed with a call to tech support.

Yes, all of their ride photos will show up on YOUR account. They will not be able to view any ride photos on their account, since they are not the owners of the MM entitlement.

Thank you so much for the information, for some reason this thing seems so confusing for me. So just so I make sure I have this right. The pics expire in 45 days so you have to make sure to edit and download them by then. When does the 45 days start? Is it from the first picture taken? You said it entitles you to 30 days of downloading so is the 45 days because they allow for a 2 week trip? So in other words if you took a 5 day trip and then started downloading on day 6 then you photopass would expire in 35 days since you only have 30 days from the first download? and if you went for 3 weeks and didn't download till the trip was over you would have less than 30 days for downloads? Do you find it easier to download them a little at a time, like maybe every night at the hotel or all at once at the end?

Where do I find those boxes to check? I don't see them. :confused3

This is the issue I am having. The "manager" of the account I invited says "can view and purchase your photopass photos" so I know she is good. However, the rest of her family says either "invitation pending" --they don't have their own accounts -- or "cannot be invited to plan and share" -- too young. I am worried that their magic bands won't work for photos. :scared:

So I am worried for nothing? The owner of the account I invited looks fine from my account. It says she can view and purchase photos. So everyone else in her family/on her account is good to go? I don't want to mess everything up for them. :upsidedow

If the owner of the accunt has the box checked, you should be good to go. There shouldn't be a button next to everyone in the party, only the owner of the account. If by "invitation pending" you mean that you invited someone to plan and share who didn't have a MDE account, you should still be good, as long as they are listed under someone else's account who is authorized to plan and share and view/purchase your photos.

Thank you so much for the information, for some reason this thing seems so confusing for me. So just so I make sure I have this right. The pics expire in 45 days so you have to make sure to edit and download them by then. When does the 45 days start? Is it from the first picture taken? You said it entitles you to 30 days of downloading so is the 45 days because they allow for a 2 week trip? So in other words if you took a 5 day trip and then started downloading on day 6 then you photopass would expire in 35 days since you only have 30 days from the first download? and if you went for 3 weeks and didn't download till the trip was over you would have less than 30 days for downloads? Do you find it easier to download them a little at a time, like maybe every night at the hotel or all at once at the end?

The pictures expire 45 days from the date they were taken. So if your first picture is taken June 1, it expires July 15 and if your last picture is taken June 15 it would expire July 30...you have 45 days of availabilty for each picture not the group of pictures.

The only time the expirations will match up for the photos and the MM is if you start downloading on the 15th day after your pictures were taken. Otherwise, you will either have pictures expiring before the download entitlement expires or your download entitlement will expire prior to your pictures expiring.

I don't know if it matters when you start downloading. I find it easier to wait because I know then I will be able to get all of my edits done before my download entitlement runs out. You can download them every night, but then you may not have enough time to do edits on them depending on how many you may want to do. In addition, their system is not very practical...you either have to choose download all or download each picture one by one. If you choose to download all every night, you may end up with a lot of overlapping photos. They download in zipped files of 74 pictures (if I remember that number correctly), so it isn't terrible to wait until you are finished.

Yes and no. It doesn't really matter who pays. HOWEVER, ONLY the person that pays will be able to view the ride photos and be able to edit the ones for downloading. The other people will be able to view the photos (except for the rides) on their account and do edits, but their edits won't be available for download by the person with the MM entitlement.

I am worried about this. Somehow I missed your answer to my question, never got the updates. Anyhow, I called Memory Maker directly to ask the question and was told specifically that we can all gain access to the ride photos. This was a huge concern for me. I am not doubting your answer at all, I am concerned that I was given the wrong information from the people at Memory Maker. Already paid,:scared1: afraid for the other family. Have you already used the service? I am so worried that I now spent more money than I had planned on.:worried:

If the owner of the accunt has the box checked, you should be good to go. There shouldn't be a button next to everyone in the party, only the owner of the account. If by "invitation pending" you mean that you invited someone to plan and share who didn't have a MDE account, you should still be good, as long as they are listed under someone else's account who is authorized to plan and share and view/purchase your photos.

Thank you! I still don't see a box to check, but it does say she is able to view and purchase photos. I logged onto her account and the Memory Maker is showing on her MDE so it sounds like we are all set! :woohoo:

I am worried about this. Somehow I missed your answer to my question, never got the updates. Anyhow, I called Memory Maker directly to ask the question and was told specifically that we can all gain access to the ride photos. This was a huge concern for me. I am not doubting your answer at all, I am concerned that I was given the wrong information from the people at Memory Maker. Already paid,:scared1: afraid for the other family. Have you already used the service? I am so worried that I now spent more money than I had planned on.:worried:

I have used the service already for two trips. My mom had the MM on her account. We got many ride photos. They were all automatically linked to her account with the use of our magic bands, even when my mom and dad weren't in the park. I was just not able to view the ride photos through my account (pretty sure, but I have a MM attached to my account now, so I can't check for sure). Everything should attach automatically, as long as you are using the magic bands.

After rereading this information like 5 times:laughing:, I think what i am understanding is that the owner of the MM account will be able to see and edit all of the photos for all people that are linked to their account. Friends or family that do not own the account can't see or edit the ride photos through their own account but the photos are available on the owners account.:confused: So if I share my user name and password with my sisters family they can see and edit the ride and restaurant photos? They just need to use my username and password? Is this accurate?:goodvibes Hope I did not confuse anyone in my translation.:rotfl2:

I have used the service already for two trips. My mom had the MM on her account. We got many ride photos. They were all automatically linked to her account with the use of our magic bands, even when my mom and dad weren't in the park. I was just not able to view the ride photos through my account (pretty sure, but I have a MM attached to my account now, so I can't check for sure). Everything should attach automatically, as long as you are using the magic bands.

Thanks so much. You answered my question as I was writing my last post.:hug:

After rereading this information like 5 times:laughing:, I think what i am understanding is that the owner of the MM account will be able to see and edit all of the photos for all people that are linked to their account. Friends or family that do not own the account can't see or edit the ride photos through their own account but the photos are available on the owners account.:confused: So if I share my user name and password with my sisters family they can see and edit the ride and restaurant photos? They just need to use my username and password? Is this accurate?:goodvibes Hope I did not confuse anyone in my translation.:rotfl2:

Yes, if you share your user name and password with your sister's family, they will be able to see and edit all of the photos. That is what we did- I have my mom's user name and password and make all edits through her account. I then am also able to download all of the photos to my computer in addition to her downloading them to her's. Also, while they can see all of the original photos on their account and make edits on their account, ONLY the photos that are edited on your account will be available for download with your MM entitlement. They will not be able to see any edits made on your account through the use of their account.

Yes, if you share your user name and password with your sister's family, they will be able to see and edit all of the photos. That is what we did- I have my mom's user name and password and make all edits through her account. I then am also able to download all of the photos to my computer in addition to her downloading them to her's. Also, while they can see all of the original photos on their account and make edits on their account, ONLY the photos that are edited on your account will be available for download with your MM entitlement. They will not be able to see any edits made on your account through the use of their account.

Thank you so much for clarifying.:worship::worship::worship: I feel so much better. And from what I was told, the card that is mailed out means nothing. Just a way to prove the purchase.

Thank you so much for clarifying.:worship::worship::worship: I feel so much better. And from what I was told, the card that is mailed out means nothing. Just a way to prove the purchase.

I never saw a card; we never used a card. All photos were attached to the account via the magic bands, either by the photographers scanning them or with the ride photos linking automatically. Very easy.

You buy a park ticket: you get a physical card but you link it to your MDX account and use your magic bands. You have a physical card but you don't really need it at that point since the magic band is functionally similar. Same deal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There's a FB group for photopass sharing that has now gone into MM sharing. People list their dates/find others with similar dates. Some volunteer to "host" and it goes from there.

Some get so many people joining, they have over 4,000 photos, and each family pays less than $20!

I've not done it before, but I joined the group, just in case. I'll be keeping my eye out for a group forming around my dates. For $20, I can pitch in for that. Otherwise, for the 3 of us, I don't think it'd be worth it, personally. A friend did it (Disney threw it in as a oops, sorry we totally messed up your reservation- consolation prize) and her pics were cute, but totally not my family's style. We are not ones to act surprised that Stitch is popping out of the sidewalk in front of us, or hold Tinkerbell in our hands. To each their own.

How can I find the facebook group?

What account user name and password needs to be shared, My Disney Experience Account or My Disney Photo Pass? Or are they both one in the same? Do I need to share my account information just for editing and downloading purposes? Or for viewing for viewing purposes also?

Right.

Go to your MDE account.
Then to "Friends and Family."

Under each of the names you're talking about, it should say: "Tom can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos."

Then you're good to go.

Right.

Go to your MDE account.
Then to "Friends and Family."

Under each of the names you're talking about, it should say: "Tom can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos."

Then you're good to go.
What if the two parents say that "[Mom]&[Dad] can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos." BUT "[Child 1] & [Child 2] cannot view your plans or photos." Though "[Mom] manages this account"

Since [Mom] manages the children's account, are we safe to assume that if the children get a picture or two separate from their parents we will still see it since it [Mom] manages their accounts? Keep in mind that [Mom] "can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos."

Thanks in advance!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!