Cakes and Napoleons and F&W, oh my! Planning our Disney wedding!! UPDATED 9/15!!!

Yeah for having your ADRS (mostly) done. I've got to get working on that for October but as of yet have no idea where I want to eat. Yikes!

I agree the online site is a PITA. Not to mention that I have somehow screwed up my name and password and can not fix it. Everytime I try it wants to be my son Brian. I need some serious technical support. :rotfl2:

Your ADRs look great. I think I am going to do Jiko for Denny's b-day dinner. We'll be staying at AK there, so it just seems right.

Thanks for the update. You must feel like the wedding is getting so close.

Dress? Any details on your dress yet? You know I watch those "Say yes to the dress" reruns at lunch. I'm dying for detail. :thumbsup2

Looks like a great line up of ADR's...well, at least the ones you could make. :)

Hope you get the others soon!

Jill in CO

You really don't have to apologize for your absence! It's very understandable. :thumbsup2

I personally haven't had any issues with the new Disney site, but I've heard of several people who have. So who knows? Maybe it's just really buggy and I've been lucky.

YAY for ADRs! Wow, so many. They all sound so good! :woohoo:

I think a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper would have been perfect! But, I like your binder too.

The new Disney site is incredibly frustrating. I've given up and called almost every time. Awful.

I think it's very romantic and sweet that you wanted your new last name to be on all of your reservations. Leave it to men to be practical above all else.

To that end-I found the whole name change thing to be a horrible pain in the rear. If you google 'wedding name changing kit' or something like that you'll find sites that will give you every single form you need to change your name on all the official stuff. It ran about $25 10 years ago, but was worth every penny. Made it so much easier! I never realized how many places I needed to contact to get my name changed!

Your ADR look great! Seems like the honeymoon part of the trip is really shaping up!

NEVER get sick of ADR talk! In fact, you have me rethinking my own list. Ugh, I'm so worried about the stooopid new website. In the past I have had no problems getting every ADR I want, but I'm stressed about it with this new site. I did online check-in in Feb. for our trip on the new site and guess what? Yup...arrived and had them tell me that I did NOT do online check-in (and that they had heard a "few" people say that they had done check-in and it hadn't gone through) Ugh!

Anyway, why do you always taunt me with that darn waffle pic?!?! :p

BTW, you may not have had relevant pics, but I just listed my ADRs and didn't post any at all! In fact, now I have DIS-guilt and I'll have to go find pics to post in my ADR list. :lmao:

Wedding planning really does take a lot of time! But it will all be worth it in the end :)

Your ADR lineup sounds great! I hope that you can get your other reservations without too much difficulty!

Such great ADRs! That's funny how you lined up dinner and then breakfast at a couple of the same resorts! :upsidedow Personally, I think day 3 will be the BEST! :rotfl2:

So funny how you got through making your ADRs and then you realized you wanted them in your married name. Glad you were able to re-book them. That reminds me of the first time I did ADRs on-line at 3am (bummer, I live on the West Coast.) and started sequentially making my ADRs when I had an aha! moment and switched my strategy to making the more coveted ADRs first. Duh!

ha ha! Hoot made an appearance!

No worries about your Dis absence, we completely understand your focus right now. But at least you are doing a Disneymoon so you'll have another TR to write! :thumbsup2 You ARE going to do that, right? ;)

I'm impressed it occurred to you to make your ADRs in your fiance's name so that they'd show up under your married name, because it wasn't even on my radar until our DME stuff came in the mail for "The *MAIDEN NAME* Family!" Whoops.

AHHHHHH I hope you love Yachtsman!! We went there for the first time on our honeymoon also, and it was one of our favorites. We had Ricardo as our server, and now every time we go there request to have him again - he's become one of our favorite Disney cast members! I definitely recommend requesting him, if he's working the night you have your ADR!

Your ADR list is awesome - it's like you picked all of our favorite Disney restaurants, along with some of the ones I'm most eager to try in the future!

Our meals at yachtsman, flying fish, and Brown derby were delicious! I hope the same for your first time there :)

All your adrs sound lovely!

And awesome being there for F&W!!! We will be there the first week of it :)

Ok, I cracked up at the first "we've never been to this restaurant so here is a random picture" picture. :rotfl: Your ADRs are perfect! I can't even imagine how excited you must be. Oh my God.

It is getting close!!!!! So excited for you guys.

I have been hit or miss with the website. For our last trip, it was the my Disney experience website that I had trouble with. I had to re-enter our reservations every other time I logged in. Hotel AND dining :faint:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the planning and then the details when you get back :)

Loved your ADR's and your random photos.

I can't wait to read about your wedding !! How many more days!?!

Just found your trip report and am hooked! Read the whole thing today!

So many exciting things for your upcoming wedding... The planning must be so fun especially when it's in Disney!!! I didn't have a Disney wedding but definitely incorporated touches here and there!

Ah Lisa Frank! If I could still find the stuff, all of my stationary products would totally be Lisa Frank.

Ugh the ADR thing is totally annoying. The dining page freezes my Mac every time because it's trying to load the whole list of restaurants so I have to google each specific restaurant to bring up the individual page. On our ADR morning, some of them could only be made on my iPad, some on my android phone and some on my computer. Totally frustrating at 6 am. Then, some just couldn't be made online at all. Grr.

I think it's adorable that you want your reservations to be in your married name. I too probably wouldn't have thought about it until after!

I'm totally with you about the new ADR site! It wouldn't let me book the 180+ 10 so I ended up calling on m lunch break at work the other day...only to find that I left my credit in the building while I went outside to make the call because there's no reception inside. And when I went back in to get it, I dropped the call and had to start all over when I got home that night. To make my life that much more difficult, my cordless phone died just as I was giving her my credit card number so once again, I had to call back and start over.

And then I found a link, here on the DIS, to the OLD site, where I was perfectly capable of making ADRs online. :rolleyes2

Except California Grill which needs to hurry up and finish getting refurbed because I need an ADR.

And I would totally go back and change all of my ADRs as well, just to make the name change!

Great plans so far! :thumbsup2

Your plans and dining choices all look lovely...:thumbsup2

I'm so sorry that you were having problems making your ADRs...:worried: especially for your Disney wedding/moon... that seems so wrong...

(the system is not always up to snuff... I tried to add something for July yesterday... and all of my ressies were gone...:eek: but fortunately I spoke to a human...;) and all is good now...

Wedding Planning is like a second job... so it's very understandable that you're busy...

I love your orange binder... it's happy and sassy...:goodvibes

I've been DIS-absent as well lately... and I don't have an excellent excuse like wedding planning! No worries!

What an excellent line-up of ADR's!

The AKL lobby does have an excellent selection of couches in case you do choose to stay overnight...) :rotfl:

Ugh, I'm so woefully behind Sara! This is so exciting though, wedding planning!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 If I could go back, I would SO have a Disney wedding. Best idea ever for you and Wingnut.:goodvibes

I see the Epcot love and Napoleon obsession is still going on.:rotfl: Good to know that nothing has changed! I love Epcot too, it is my slightly second favorite park with Magic Kingdom being the first, but only by a teensy margin.

Love yours and Wingnut's witty humor too. And how fun that your parents were along for the wedding planning journey.:thumbsup2

Nice orange trapper keeper! Perfect for wedding planning...or directing planes...or road construction.

Uh, Mickey waffles at a dinner reception?? Awesome idea! You know that secretly every guest would love that. I love the cute wedding tasting gift too.

Love all the wedding pics at Epcot! You looked so glamorous! Great shots.:thumbsup2

Cool pics of your engagement ring with Madame Leota's!

So let me get this straight here. You ate at Casey's (blech!) when you could've eaten at BOG?? I might have shed a tear over that if it were me.:headache: You were so close!

Nice resort plan for the wedding/honeymoon. DH really wants to try out the YC someday.

Gah! What was up with Disney Dining for your ADR's???? Sheesh, it's your wedding! That would've annoyed me to no end. Your plans look great though!

Ok. I'm officially caught up! Do I get some sort of reward? Maybe a napoleon?;)

Having helped plan dd's wedding (a simple one) just a couple years ago, I completely understand where your time has been diverted to! I am just impressed you are able to get onto dis AT ALL!!! :worship:

Love the ADRs. You have me :rotfl: with the dinner one night breakfast the next routine.... ;)

LOL. Trapper Keeper. I remember them fondly.
I agree with him about the name on the adr’s. Important thing is you got them.
Your adr’s look very nice. Made me so hungry. LOL
Looking forward to more plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter