Cake fillings

Summer-Caitlin

DIS Veteran
Okay, I thought I had decided on Almond and Amaretto and Marble and Buttercream. Now I know I definately want the Almond and Amaretto but I'm not sure on the Marble and Buttercream. Am I right in thinking that the whole cake has buttercream on it? If this is the case there really isn't any point having buttercream as a filling, is there?
Can someone please post the other fillings I could have? I really want Peanut butter cup, but I am under the impression that Escape/Intimate brides can't choose this, even if I offer to pay extra!!! Seems wrong.

I would like to try that bavarian cream, can intimates get that? I wonder why we can't get peanut butter?

Yes, my mother makes wedding cakes and when someone wants butter cream filling, it is simply icing between the layers.

Thanks, I am definately not getting buttercream as a filling then, there isn't any point. Do you know what the others possible fillings are?

On the website, I am seeing (for intimates)

Fillings:
Chocolate Mousse
White Chocolate Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Bavarian Cream
Raspberry Mousse
Buttercream
Amaretto Mousse

Cake Flavors:
Chocolate Cake
Yellow Cake
Marble Cake
Almond Cake

I find it odd that there isn't white cake.

Summer, I know that some intimate/escape brides have gotten peanut butter cup filling. I would ask you EM if you could have it. If not, I say you can never go wrong with chocolate.

I love the idea of the amaretto mousse.... I just wish I could try it first. I bought amaretto extract and I think I am going to try to make a mouse and pair it with an almond cake ahead of time... but it sounds amazing!!

Summer- I am getting peanut butter cup filling in my intimate cake at no charge. My WP is Karen S. When I asked at Boardwalk Bakery, I was told that the bavarian cream with strawberries is one of the most popular fillings. I'm not sure if I personally would like it. The chocolate mousses are the most popular.

I am an escape bride and was also told I could have the peanut butter cup filling. Right now I am planning to do one tier of the pb filling with chocolate cake and one tier of raspberry filling with marble cake.

I think the PB filling depends on where your ceremony is held. My WC told me that the boardwalk bakery does different stuff, I don't know...everything seems so uncertain and I'm so darn sick of hearing my WC say, "I'll have to check and see if there's an extra charge for that." BAH! When I told her I wanted the layers to be different flavors she told me their might be an extra charge. When I told her I wanted passionfruit filling on the top, she told me thier might be an extra charge. She even told me she had to check on my raspberry filling eventhough I know it's on the site. OH...and then I sent her a picture of another intimate cake I liked she said she had to make sure their was no extra charge for the decoration and their was nothing special about it...GRRRR.

Here's what I plan to get....

Bottom layer - Chocolate w/Raspberry
Top layer - Yellow w/Passionfruit (although she says there is tropical flavor they will probably use instead)

Grooms Cake - Chocolate w/Amaretto

Well I've emailed Tanis and asked her if I can have the PB filling instead. I will have to wait until tomorrow before I hear from her as she has her automatic response on today.

Hi Summer, well, my coordinator is Tanis and I have asked two or three times about peanut butter mousse and she said it couldnt be done. i even told her how much i really wanted it but it made no difference. I do know, however, that other intimate brides have gotten peanut butter...but they had other coordinators. It may have to do wiht location. I am having my wedding at Sea Breeze Point. I dont know, I am frustrated! Good luck and let me know what Tanis says to you!

That would be really unfair if some Intimates get PB filling and others can't, Disney and their lack of consistency again:mad:
I noticed that it can't be the location as JaxTeach is getting married at SBP, so am I, so that can't be the reason. I'm so confused!!!

I have Tanis as my coordinator as well, and am curious about PB filling. You would think that as many of us that want it, they would make it available. Duh! Supply and demand!

I talked to Tanis yesterday, and had somewhat of a weird request. DF and I went to Boardwalk Bakery on our latest trip and Sandy - the amazing pastry chef - gave us some chocolate cake samples, white cake samples, and then gave us white chocolate mousse, milk chocolate mousse, amaretto mousse, and buttercream samples. We then ordered a small chocolate cake with raspberry mousse just to check. Anyways, I'm rambling. DF said he liked the chocolate/milk chocolate mousse combination, but said he needed a glass of milk (I personally feel there is no such thing as too much chocolate). I asked Tanis if we could have milk at the reception to go along with the cake, as a surprise for DF. She said that was possible and we laughed about what anyone outside our thought process would think about seeing milk on a BEO!

Anyways...PB filling for the top layer is what I'd want!
OH! BTW...is the intimate cake only two layers? I don't like the standard frilly cake, and need pictures to send.

That would be really unfair if some Intimates get PB filling and others can't, Disney and their lack of consistency again:mad:
I noticed that it can't be the location as JaxTeach is getting married at SBP, so am I, so that can't be the reason. I'm so confused!!!

I am a Sea Breeze Point bride, too. I didn't expect my coordinator to say yes to peanut butter mousse, but I figured what did I have to lose by asking? She was totally fine with it. So it's definitely not a Boardwalk Bakery thing! Maybe it has to do with the time of year you are getting married? Maybe the peanut butter mousse doesn't hold up as well in the summer? I am getting married in December, as is JaxTeach, so perhaps that's the issue?

Yeah the standard intimate cake is 2 layers. However I too wasn't overly fond of the cake provided, I wanted a more sleek cake, so I sent in this pic and I am having this cake but only 2 layers. The calla lillies will be yellow and sugared and I am having black ribbon instead of the white.

wedding-cake-C-red-cala-lilies.jpg

I really want Peanut butter cup, but I am under the impression that Escape/Intimate brides can't choose this, even if I offer to pay extra!!! Seems wrong.

I just had an Escape/Intimate vow renewal and got peanut butter cup as my filling. When I asked my coordinator, I stated I knew (thanks to this board) other Intimate brides had gotten it and wanted to know if there was an extra charge. Karen Serrette said no problem and no charge. I would not go with the butter cream, because honestly, their buttercream frosting isn't that good. Another post I read labelled it as "lardy" and they were right. While my cake was beautiful and good, I think our local grocery store cakes taste better (as in more moist and rich.) I'd make sure to pick a really rich filling to make up for the lack of taste of the frosting.

Yeah the standard intimate cake is 2 layers. However I too wasn't overly fond of the cake provided, I wanted a more sleek cake, so I sent in this pic and I am having this cake but only 2 layers. The calla lillies will be yellow and sugared and I am having black ribbon instead of the white.

wedding-cake-C-red-cala-lilies.jpg

That's a very pretty cake! But it's kind of ironic because my coordinator told me I couldn't have a custom cake. She said the Boardwalk Bakery didn't like to do them. Strange how I'm allowed to have pb mousse, but not a custom cake, and some of you are allowed to have a custom cakes, but not pb mousse! :confused3 :

How annoying is that, I was told you could do anything for a fee, seems like PB mousse though is way out of my league!

Summer I agree, It is unfair and really doesnt make sense. How could peanut butter not hold up but the chocolate mousse does??? If Tanis says ok to the peanut butter please let me know and I will ask again. I even said I had heard other brides has the peanut butter mousse. I dont understand. Good luck. By the way...I love the design of your cake!

I will definately post in this thread if I get PB mousse or not. Tanis has normally been really great with me and has done everything I asked, guess I'll find out tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter