Cake fillings

On the website, I am seeing (for intimates)

Fillings:
Chocolate Mousse
White Chocolate Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Bavarian Cream
Raspberry Mousse
Buttercream
Amaretto Mousse

Cake Flavors:
Chocolate Cake
Yellow Cake
Marble Cake
Almond Cake

I find it odd that there isn't white cake.

I know this sounds WAY far fetched, but the only excuse I can think of for PB to be off the list is that there are some people who are SO allergic to PB that they can't even stand to be in the same room with it. Last year, my Kindergarden son couldn't even take PB in his lunch box becuase one of his classmates would start choking just from the fumes! Maybe the lady who's helping you is worried about this. :confused3
Also, could you be so kind to let me know the webside you found this info on. I'm frantically searching for some ideas for my anniversery cake and would like to know exactly what I want before I actually talk to someone on the cake hotline.

I know this sounds WAY far fetched, but the only excuse I can think of for PB to be off the list is that there are some people who are SO allergic to PB that they can't even stand to be in the same room with it. Last year, my Kindergarden son couldn't even take PB in his lunch box becuase one of his classmates would start choking just from the fumes! Maybe the lady who's helping you is worried about this. :confused3
Also, could you be so kind to let me know the webside you found this info on. I'm frantically searching for some ideas for my anniversery cake and would like to know exactly what I want before I actually talk to someone on the cake hotline.

I got this information from http://www.disneyweddings.com

With regards to the fondant... I found part of an email that Tanis sent me:

"I do want to let you that the cake pictured is with fondant and fondant does tend to bubble outside in the heat. Because of that, the bakery will request that the outside of the cake is smoothed buttercream frosting rather than fondant. We don't want to have a bubbly cake for your wedding."

I have emailed her again to try and confirm this!

With regards to the fondant... I found part of an email that Tanis sent me:

"I do want to let you that the cake pictured is with fondant and fondant does tend to bubble outside in the heat. Because of that, the bakery will request that the outside of the cake is smoothed buttercream frosting rather than fondant. We don't want to have a bubbly cake for your wedding."

I have emailed her again to try and confirm this!

Hey Summer - let me know what you find out as i am having a "fontant" issue as well

Not yet, I'm assuming that she is out with weddings again. Hopefully I'll hear soon. I did send her an email practically begging for the PB filling, well does please, please, please, please sound like begging:lmao:

I don't know if this helps any but i have been told I could do the Bavarian cream with berries @ no extra charge. and by the way Summer we are doing it with the marble cake.

After hearing what everyone says about that cakes and the fact I wont be able to have a taste test because I wont be in Fl before the wedding, I am a little worried about what to pick. Has anyone ask if you can submit a frosting recipe for a custom cake? I am sure the answer is no because that would get hard with everyone recipes, but I thought I would ask.:)

Yeah the standard intimate cake is 2 layers. However I too wasn't overly fond of the cake provided, I wanted a more sleek cake, so I sent in this pic and I am having this cake but only 2 layers. The calla lillies will be yellow and sugared and I am having black ribbon instead of the white.

wedding-cake-C-red-cala-lilies.jpg

that's a very elegant cake summer!

I also wanted to see how long it took people to get a quote from the bakery if you sent your coordinator a pic of what you wanted... I know it's wedding season and there's a lot going on, so I expected to wait awhile, but I sent the request in late May........ :confused3

that's a very elegant cake summer!

I also wanted to see how long it took people to get a quote from the bakery if you sent your coordinator a pic of what you wanted... I know it's wedding season and there's a lot going on, so I expected to wait awhile, but I sent the request in late May........ :confused3

I sent my request to my planner on May 20 (I think we might have the same planner??). I received a response on June 11. I'm not sure why these things take so long. I'm sure they get the same requests over and over as far as changing Intimate cakes and I thought the Custom cakes were more or less a set price for each different cake. Since flavors have no effect on the cake cost (at least that's what I was told), I don't get it either. :scratchin

I sent my request to my planner on May 20 (I think we might have the same planner??). I received a response on June 11. I'm not sure why these things take so long. I'm sure they get the same requests over and over as far as changing Intimate cakes and I thought the Custom cakes were more or less a set price for each different cake. Since flavors have no effect on the cake cost (at least that's what I was told), I don't get it either. :scratchin

thanks for the info! I'll have to send another email to get an update

Okay Peanut Butter mousse is now available for all Intimate Brides.:banana: :banana: :banana:
Tanis has advised me that after a long meeting they have decided to increase the amount of flavour options for Intimate Brides thus including PB Mousse at no extra charge:woohoo:
Because of this, I am now having my bottom cake layer as chocolate, with PB Mousse, I'm so excited!!!
As for the fondant, Tanis said she is extremely gun shy about this as it was one of her weddings that the cake bubbled and it looked awful, but she can do it for $75.00 extra. I am undecided whether I should go ahead or not. I mean I don't know if the fondant is the same as we have over here, which is gorgeous btw, but you guys seem to remove it, so it makes me think it isn't.
Can anyone explain the taste of the buttercream to me? You guys seem to rave about it, it's may be better than I think.
Fondant here is really sweet, but the buttercream kinda evens that out, pretty much all birthday and wedding cakes have fondant on and no one really removes it, they eat it, no problem!

Okay Peanut Butter mousse is now available for all Intimate Brides.:banana: :banana: :banana:
Tanis has advised me that after a long meeting they have decided to increase the amount of flavour options for Intimate Brides thus including PB Mousse at no extra charge:woohoo:
Because of this, I am now having my bottom cake layer as chocolate, with PB Mousse, I'm so excited!!!
As for the fondant, Tanis said she is extremely gun shy about this as it was one of her weddings that the cake bubbled and it looked awful, but she can do it for $75.00 extra. I am undecided whether I should go ahead or not. I mean I don't know if the fondant is the same as we have over here, which is gorgeous btw, but you guys seem to remove it, so it makes me think it isn't.
Can anyone explain the taste of the buttercream to me? You guys seem to rave about it, it's may be better than I think.
Fondant here is really sweet, but the buttercream kinda evens that out, pretty much all birthday and wedding cakes have fondant on and no one really removes it, they eat it, no problem!

Thank goodness that they are listening to us!!!!!

Buttercream... how to describe it.. It is made from shortening, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk (in most cases). It is extremely sweet, and it has a buttery flavor, but the flavor is usually not overwhelming. It is smooth and creamy. You may have to actually make some and taste it.. it is easy to make:

This is the recipe that my mom (who also makes wedding cakes) uses

1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon Clear Vanilla
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.

YIELD: 3 cups

Now, if you are just making it to taste, I wouldn't worry about trying to find clear vanilla. Just use whatever you have. The clear vanilla is just used to keep the icing as white as possible.

I would make it, and put it on some cup cakes or something and see what you and your family think about it. I'd hate for you to pick an icing that you have never tasted.

Woohoo for PB mousse!! :woohoo:

I'm so glad DFTW is going to now be consistent on this one. I'm having the same for my bottom layer: chocolate cake & PB mousse! I can't imagine it not being delicious!

I received the same call on Friday from Tanis. I was so excited! She made my day. I love peanut butter! It is great that now DFTW are going to consistant. It was really unfair before. Hooray for peanut butter mousse! :cool1:

yum yum for peanut butter mousse! Don't suppose she mentioned any other flavours now available to Escapes? Actually, don't tell me as I now have 2 flavours for my 2 layers and any more choices would mean an extra layer - don't take me there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter