Cake fillings

yum yum for peanut butter mousse! Don't suppose she mentioned any other flavours now available to Escapes? Actually, don't tell me as I now have 2 flavours for my 2 layers and any more choices would mean an extra layer - don't take me there!

Oh, I hear you on that one! I would love to do a layer of carrot cake, but we already doing choc/pb mousse and marble/raspberry mousse. The last thing I need is a three tier cake for 15 people... So, I don't even want to know if carrot cake would be allowed! :rolleyes1

summer

congrats ion the PB mousse!

As for the buttercream. I used to LOVE it :love: as a child. As my tastebuds change I like it less and less. THe reason I loved it as a kid was because it's so SUPER sweet (it's all that icing sugar). In a competiton between buttercream and whipped cream I chose buttercream any day of the week. Now I appreciate the less sweet whipped cream more.

I know this isn't helpful with respect to the fondant (which, admittedly I've never had)....but I can tell you, that I was disappoined in the buttercream on my DFTW cake. It wasn't half as good as the stuff I've had on regular birthday cakes.

HOOORAY for peanut butter mousse!! :cheer2:

Thank you Summer, Gillian, and all you other brides who bugged DFTW over and over about! I am about to be assigned a WC, and I was in agony hoping it would not be a certain WC who has been denying everyone peanut butter mousse. :rotfl: Now I don't care who I get!

Woohoo! I knew Tanis would come through. I wonder if I should ask her to change ours to PB Mousse. I will have to ask DF....

I love buttercream frosting because it is so super sweet, but the frosting on my Disney cake was not as sweet as regular buttercream. I actually didn't like the frosting all that much, it was too lardy. I prefer total sugar overload with my buttercream. And yeah for the PB mousse for all brides! It was yummy.

Congrats to everyone who was pushing for peanut butter mousse! Does anyone know if they have added the tropical (aka passionfruit) mousse to the options available for intimate brides now? I've heard great things about it and with a wedding at Sunset Pointe, it seems fitting if it's now an option.

So, does anyone know...is the buttercream the only option for intimates (other than paying extra for fondant)? I mean, I'm not a big fan of cake in general, and of course there is a good chance that all of this could change in six months when I go to submit my choices! But, are there any other options at all out there for the frosting? I don't want fondant, even though it looks great, and now I don't really want the buttercream if it doesn't taste that good.

Maybe I'll start liking cake if there is PB mousse in it!!

I remember seeing peanut butter mousse as an option on the paperwork I just recieved. However, what I have heard a lot of brides raving about is actually the peanut-butter-chocolate-cup mousse. Is there a difference? Is it actually the PB cup mousse that intimate brides are excluded from? I remember someone posted a picture of their cake tasting and you could see the PB cup mousse had actual PB cup chunks in it. A regular PB mousse sounds like a uniform tan fluffy concoction.

Anyone know?

Jil

Peanut butter filling is not a mousse, but very much like traditional peanut butter pie filling with a cream cheese base.

Peanut butter CUP filling is the same PB pie filling, only each filling layer has dark chocolate mousse as well.

the peanut butter filling recipe is the same for intimate and custom weddings. The Dis-boards have mistakenly labeled it as "mousse".

the peanut butter filling recipe is the same for intimate and custom weddings. The Dis-boards have mistakenly labeled it as "mousse".

do you know if it's smooth, or has pieces in it?

Also, slightly aside, do you know approximately how many portions you get from each layer of an Escape cake? Also, which layer would be cut (and which layer would be boxed) for a party of 10? If we can have 2 flavours, I'm trying to decide which layer should be which flavour!
Thanks in advance,
Dee

dee, I don't really know the answer to your questions but the Escape cake serves 16. I am having two flavours and cutting both even though it is normally only the bottom layer that gets cut. We can't take the cake back to the UK so I might as well try them both on the day;)

dee, I don't really know the answer to your questions but the Escape cake serves 16. I am having two flavours and cutting both even though it is normally only the bottom layer that gets cut. We can't take the cake back to the UK so I might as well try them both on the day;)

Thanks! I just want to make sure that my favourite (almond/amaretto) has plenty spare for me as my BiL and SiL have HUUUUUUUGE appetite's and I don't want them to eat it all! So for best bet, I'll have the choc/peanut butter for the bottom layer and that should just about be OK for the 9 of us?? I know that sounds soooo greedy, but I've been on a mega diet and lost 40 pounds so far, with around the same still to go so I'm gonna pig out on loads of delicious food while I'm there to make it all worthwhile!

Thanks! I just want to make sure that my favourite (almond/amaretto) has plenty spare for me as my BiL and SiL have HUUUUUUUGE appetite's and I don't want them to eat it all! So for best bet, I'll have the choc/peanut butter for the bottom layer and that should just about be OK for the 9 of us?? I know that sounds soooo greedy, but I've been on a mega diet and lost 40 pounds so far, with around the same still to go so I'm gonna pig out on loads of delicious food while I'm there to make it all worthwhile!

Have you tasted the almond/amaretto? It sounds so good and I am very tempted to get that!

almond and amaretto!! just saying it makes my mouth watr. it is so yummy but that is just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter