Buyer’s Remorse

I can absolutely identify with that. The second I found out my Poly contract passed ROFR in March, I immediately questioned my decision...for all of about 10 minutes. Once I submitted my payment, I no longer had any doubt, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be a DVC member.

I think prices now are maybe a little lower, I have seen some Poly deals in the $120’s per point (I paid $137), but generally, it’s not like people are getting these resales at insanely low prices.

First post here. Just signed up last week. We purchased a 350 pt SS resale contract that was somewhat-mostly stripped for $88/point. 50 points now, 350 next June.

I've had a couple moments of looking to see what other people got their's for, but it comes down to the fact that we felt it's worth what we paid for it, so if someone else gets a slightly better deal then more power to them. The other thing is, just do the math on what an extra $2-3/point off gets you. It's not much. I mean, it's obviously it's real money but think relatively. Even at $83/point, which seems super low, I'd have saved less than $2,000. Again, that's a good chunk of change, but if that amount is the difference between me enjoying what I purchased and not then I shouldn't have been spending $30k + $2,300 per year on DVC in the first place.

Last edited:
it has not been until the info dump from Disney this past week that my confidence has started to falter. It feels like the Disney I knew and understood has gone away and I don't know what it will look like when it comes back.

We’ve been owners for a few years, but I’ve been watching and even offered on a few contracts in the last month. I’m in no rush and definitely don’t *need* more points. The past week’s announcements and then seeing all the disgruntled posts on DVC FB groups today regarding issues with the reservation system has me rethinking adding on. We’ll see if I change my mind, but all of this has definitely turned me off to the idea of adding another contract.

We’ve been owners for a few years, but I’ve been watching and even offered on a few contracts in the last month. I’m in no rush and definitely don’t *need* more points. The past week’s announcements and then seeing all the disgruntled posts on DVC FB groups today regarding issues with the reservation system has me rethinking adding on. We’ll see if I change my mind, but all of this has definitely turned me off to the idea of adding another contract.

I was pretty good with everything until the problems with tickets, and reservations, and all of that starting happening. That was my tipping where I felt like maybe we should have waited.

I do feel like resale pricing will most certainly dip towards the end of the year. For one, there always seems to be a bit of a dip then with people wanting to rid themselves of their contracts and two, of course the situation in the world with the virus and the future. I feel like we won't get a vaccine until maybe next year and a second wave of this is bound to occur. But if I was wanting to buy in now, I would wait a bit till the end of the year.

I was pretty good with everything until the problems with tickets, and reservations, and all of that starting happening. That was my tipping where I felt like maybe we should have waited.

Yeah, all of that has been disheartening. I believe DVC will recover at some point, but definitely a bummer right now. We would not consider selling our contracts, but we’ll probably use some points at Aulani next summer (if Hawaii is back to normal) and perhaps WDW late 2021.

I do feel like resale pricing will most certainly dip towards the end of the year. For one, there always seems to be a bit of a dip then with people wanting to rid themselves of their contracts and two, of course the situation in the world with the virus and the future. I feel like we won't get a vaccine until maybe next year and a second wave of this is bound to occur. But if I was wanting to buy in now, I would wait a bit till the end of the year.
We ear that a vaccine will not be ready untill april 2021.

We ear that a vaccine will not be ready untill april 2021.
Eh, it's all just a guess. And I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, but I just read an article this morning that COVID could die out without a vaccine. Saw another a couple days back that said we could have one by October/November and then a ton that say we're 18 months out still.

Eh, it's all just a guess. And I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, but I just read an article this morning that COVID could die out without a vaccine. Saw another a couple days back that said we could have one by October/November and then a ton that say we're 18 months out still.
I am a healthcare worker speaking to pharma every week. This timeline is for North America.

Last edited:
I am a healthcare worker speaking to pharma every week. This timeline is for North America, because in Europe it should be sooner but the estimate is 400 000 doses in four to six months.
I want a vaccine as much as the next person, but I also know a ton of people involved in medical research and clinical trials, and my concern is just that if a vaccine is found and being manufactured by April 2021, it also means they've skipped a LOT of the safety clinical trials steps that exist to ensure it doesn't cause horrific side effects to get it out the door.

We should be through COVID by 2022.

I have no clue where pricing will go. We’ll see what Disney is like over the next couple of months.

Yes, DVC not being able to buy tickets when cash room only reservations have been able to is quite startling.

I want a vaccine as much as the next person, but I also know a ton of people involved in medical research and clinical trials, and my concern is just that if a vaccine is found and being manufactured by April 2021, it also means they've skipped a LOT of the safety clinical trials steps that exist to ensure it doesn't cause horrific side effects to get it out the door.
Right, I know. This is going to be such a double edge sword. What is one to do? Hopefully they will be able to get this right the first time but we just won't know.:worried: I don't know if I won't get the virus before then and maybe or maybe not pull through it.

they aren’t going to release a vaccine that his skipped safety steps. People are worrying too much about that imo. In reality, it’ll be because all companies are working on it and because they’re moving on to subsequent stages at risk, something they’d never do for a “normal” potential vaccine

DVC rooms can't buy tickets, but cash rooms can? What?
I just double checked this because there is so much information flying around. Starting June 24, cash guests with room only reservations for 2021 can call and add upgrade to a package, essentially buying tickets. It is not clear if DVC reservations also qualify to add tickets for 2021 on June 24.

Last edited:
it will be OK....if owning at Disney World is the worst decision I ever make, I'm cool with that. I tell folks when they ask why we bought....DVC at Disney World is like buying a Corvette to drive to work. You don't need it....but boy does it make life interesting and fun. If you pass ROFR...you will enjoy it. We worried about our 2009 purchase because it was right after the financial crash of 2008. We have paid it off and really enjoy it. I treasure every single point.

I just double checked this because there is so much information flying around. Starting June 24, cash guests with room only reservations for 2021 can call and add upgrade to a package, essentially buying tickets. It is not clear if DVC reservations also qualify to add tickets for 2021 on June 24.
I chatted with a cast member over the weekend who told me I could, because I fall into that category (DVC reservation January 2021 but no tickets yet).

To OP, I know how you feel. I just bought an additional contract and wonder if I will regret it later this year if prices fall dramatically. For me anyway, I decided I wanted to get the new contract in place and was happy with getting what seemed a reasonable price for VGF as opposed to recently inflated prices.

Plus it is really hard to say how the economy will affect DVC resales going forward, and I didn’t want to spend the year rooting for a major economic crash. If there is a major downturn, I will buy some more and if there is not, then we will all be better off overall. The last article I read suggested all the government stimulus may be working better than expected.

I will say that having bought DVC resale beginning about six years ago, I have been nothing but delighted with the purchase and the joy it brings to me. Each person’s mileage may vary.

To OP, I know how you feel. I just bought an additional contract and wonder if I will regret it later this year if prices fall dramatically. For me anyway, I decided I wanted to get the new contract in place and was happy with getting what seemed a reasonable price for VGF as opposed to recently inflated prices.

Does it really matter though? Is $10-$15 more or less going to make a significant difference in the long term? This board tends to reinforce the 'lowest price' like a badge of honour when we are really only talking about a small negligible difference realistically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter