Buyer’s Remorse

I haven't heard from the title company since they asked for my deposit when this process all began. I reached out to my broker 2 weeks after passing ROFR and she said it would likely be another 2 weeks due to the number of contracts that came back from ROFR. I've never really had buyers remorse before, but the longer this drags out the more stress it's causing me 😞

I would contact title company because I passed a contract on the 16th of June and we closed last week.

It has to be frustrating. They told me not to expect my points for another 3 weeks which is when I wanted to use them.

Then Maxpass is not coming to WDW.

Disney may change FP+ to a paid system but they will never have a virtual line system throughout the park. Disney even now opted for a physical line instead of a virtual line because it helps keep the crowds more contained in an orderly location.

Well, they may bring Maxpass to WDW. But Maxpass is $20/day (or $125/yr for annual passholders) at Disneyland and includes:
1) Photopass
2) Fastpass from your phone

It is nowhere near $99/day and the examples you named (front of line passes) are more like DisneyWorld's VIP tour which charges $349/person and is not offered on some (blockout) dates. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-day-of-thrills-vip-tour/

$20 to $40/day is what I see them charging for this at DisneyWorld in the future, bundling the PhotoPass with FastPass.

Well, they may bring Maxpass to WDW. But Maxpass is $20/day (or $125/yr for annual passholders) at Disneyland and includes:
1) Photopass
2) Fastpass from your phone

It is nowhere near $99/day and the examples you named (front of line passes) are more like DisneyWorld's VIP tour which charges $349/person and is not offered on some (blockout) dates. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-day-of-thrills-vip-tour/

$20 to $40/day is what I see them charging for this at DisneyWorld in the future, bundling the PhotoPass with FastPass.

I am just not seeing any benefit to WDW offering that when a majority of visitors are not locals. The Maxpass makes sense at that price for Disneyland because of all the locals.

Also doubt they give people an ability to pay for Photopass just for a couple days at a much cheaper rate. Families could then just plan 1 or maybe 2 days of their trip to get all the photos taken meaning less money for Disney vs the current $200 cost.

As far as the ultimate tour that is slightly different since they go through back stage, get driven around, and have pretty much literal front of line access. I could see that working along side a unlimited or possibly slightly limited paid FP+ option. Who knows be interesting to see.

I just feel the need to say again how much Reflections going away breaks my heart. I have long wished for a Wilderness style resort with Beach Club’s lazy river, and the initial designs planned to deliver on that - and unique accommodations like cabins and treehouses for those times we decide to bank and borrow to do something special. It was pretty much everything I’ve wanted in DVC at a location I love!
I dont think reflections is going away.. I believe its just on hold..

I dont think reflections is going away.. I believe its just on hold..

Will be interesting but do we think if its "on hold" for another 3 or 4 years that they roll it back out as is? Seems it might do the AOA change of theme possibly to make it new and exciting.

Maybe enough people let Disney know though that its exactly what they want and they don't really change it.

I am just not seeing any benefit to WDW offering that when a majority of visitors are not locals. The Maxpass makes sense at that price for Disneyland because of all the locals.

Also doubt they give people an ability to pay for Photopass just for a couple days at a much cheaper rate. Families could then just plan 1 or maybe 2 days of their trip to get all the photos taken meaning less money for Disney vs the current $200 cost.

As far as the ultimate tour that is slightly different since they go through back stage, get driven around, and have pretty much literal front of line access. I could see that working along side a unlimited or possibly slightly limited paid FP+ option. Who knows be interesting to see.

Maybe, but you were making an apples to oranges comparison. You compared other parks' front of line products to charging for basically current fastpass program.

This may happen in the future, but I wouldn't pay for it based on current theme park attendance and I've never paid for front of line at the other theme parks.

Maybe, but you were making an apples to oranges comparison. You compared other parks' front of line products to charging for basically current fastpass program.

This may happen in the future, but I wouldn't pay for it based on current theme park attendance and I've never paid for front of line at the other theme parks.

I am simply saying that Max Pass like Disneyland makes no sense for WDW.

A front of the line system or unlimited fp+ option is what I can see happening.

Remeber rides are running at partial capacity and that will remain true even as crowds start to increase laster this year. Thats when I see them being able to roll something out if they are going to do it.

I am simply saying that Max Pass like Disneyland makes no sense for WDW.

A front of the line system or unlimited fp+ option is what I can see happening.

Remeber rides are running at partial capacity and that will remain true even as crowds start to increase laster this year. Thats when I see them being able to roll something out if they are going to do it.

IF they do roll something like what you suggest out, I don't see them adding it to DVC perks. Why? Because the parks will be fairly full when they decide to roll something like that out so there won't be a need to sweeten the DVC perks.

IF they do roll something like what you suggest out, I don't see them adding it to DVC perks. Why? Because the parks will be fairly full when they decide to roll something like that out so there won't be a need to sweeten the DVC perks.

I was viewing it as a perk of the Deluxe resorts and by extension then included in the Villa accommodations as well. Who knows maybe just a discount like moderates though for staying on site.

Reading Disney's minds though is about impossible haha.

I was viewing it as a perk of the Deluxe resorts and by extension then included in the Villa accommodations as well. Who knows maybe just a discount like moderates though for staying on site.

Reading Disney's minds though is about impossible haha.

Not really.

COVID.
Reflections on hold. No surprise.
Capital spending reduced. No surprise.
Added DVC incentives. No surprise.

When everything recovers. Incentives shrink dramatically.

Over the long term, DVC perks have shrunk. I don't expect them to grow when parks get more full.
Increasing DVC perks would be a surprise.

Not really.

COVID.
Reflections on hold. No surprise.
Capital spending reduced. No surprise.
Added DVC incentives. No surprise.

When everything recovers. Incentives shrink dramatically.

Over the long term, DVC perks have shrunk. I don't expect them to grow when parks get more full.
Increasing DVC perks would be a surprise.

What perks have "shrunk"? Also again this is not something DVC specific this is tied to Deluxe which then falls over to DVC because it. Same way that AKV Club Level gets the benefit of programs for Club Level.

What perks have "shrunk"? Also again this is not something DVC specific this is tied to Deluxe which then falls over to DVC because it. Same way that AKV Club Level gets the benefit of programs for Club Level.

Well, the latest is that come Jan 2021, no free magicbands. If you're going to state that this is just Deluxe, not DVC, then OK. But it is a loss of a perk to DVC members.

Well, the latest is that come Jan 2021, no free magicbands. If you're going to state that this is just Deluxe, not DVC, then OK. But it is a loss of a perk to DVC members.

Except that is all of Disney that is not DVC specific as far as I understand. What was before that because I am not really sure what has been lost by DVC members (although I know when DVC first started they got APs at OKW I think).

I am simply saying the cost for the program will be across Deluxe/DVC and they would be sharing the costs of the benefit again similar to club level stuff at AKV or the Magic Band piece (I assume there was some cost issued to DVC for that?).

Flip side things like TOWL, club level, specific Dining options, and Moonlight Magic are all newer offerings to DVC as a perk (some blue card and some blue/white card specific).

Except that is all of Disney that is not DVC specific as far as I understand. What was before that because I am not really sure what has been lost by DVC members (although I know when DVC first started they got APs at OKW I think).

I am simply saying the cost for the program will be across Deluxe/DVC and they would be sharing the costs of the benefit again similar to club level stuff at AKV or the Magic Band piece (I assume there was some cost issued to DVC for that?).

Flip side things like TOWL, club level, specific Dining options, and Moonlight Magic are all newer offerings to DVC as a perk (some blue card and some blue/white card specific).

OK, you win. There's been no loss of DVC perks.
I'd consider the resale restrictions on RIV as a huge loss of perks but I'm sure you can spin it differently.

Buyers remorse is common an any large purchase.
Maybe we were fortunate, but we never had buyers remorse on either contract we own.
OTOH, given all that is going on now, buyers remorse would be very reasonable.

No one has a crystal ball. I remeber the 2011 prices. I saw bw contract sell in the high 40s, most were in the 50s. SSR was also in the 40s to 60s range. Then everything crept upward and I kept thinking peuces would go down. Might prices drop next year? Possibly especially if we head into a depression. But no one knows. There are two ways to look at this: 1. Enjoy th points now head to disney relax escape and live in the bubble for a week or cancel roll the dice and see what happens next year.

OK, you win. There's been no loss of DVC perks.
I'd consider the resale restrictions on RIV as a huge loss of perks but I'm sure you can spin it differently.

I am not spinning anything lol. It was not a DVC perk it was Disney in general removing it from all hotels.

Anyways back to my original point the idea was it all aligns to the Deluxe Hotel/Villa having access and is not specific to DVC anyways.

Last thing I do agree resale restriction would be a big change. I just couldn't really think of a big list of things that were removed but also haven't followed DVC that closely and I know others have been members for decades already so they would have better context if there were a bunch of things removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!