Buyer’s Remorse

I’ve bought 550 BCV points this year with no plans to go until December 2021. I’m a believer that once vaccines are widely available and we reach herd immunity Disney will go back to the way it was with only minor changes that won’t impact your stay. I could be wrong but eventually this will end and when it does I think you’ll see everyone’s behavior, including Disneys, go back to how it was. I am happy to get the pricing I did now in advance of that
I agree, I think it will take a while for a vaccine but once we are on the other side of this, it will go back to the way it was. Maybe hand sanitizer stations etc stay but the experience will go back.

Got a question for those that have purchased resale lately. I just purchased and closed early June. Has anyone else got their new account info yet? I have not.

Got a question for those that have purchased resale lately. I just purchased and closed early June. Has anyone else got their new account info yet? I have not.
Check out the Closing Time!! thread - people post all of their interim dates between when the offer is made to when the points show up in their account. You should get a good sense of what the timeline is like these days from the more recent posts.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/

I keep coming around to this same idea. If Disney doesn't bring back the huge perks that staying on site gave them DVC's value will go down the toilet. I'm willing to excuse them for the time being but this good will only goes so far.
This has been the only thing close to "buyer's remorse" for me as well. The earlier FastPass+ booking window was the #1 reason we "had" to stay on site. With that requirement as a given, DVC made a LOT of sense for us. This had already been somewhat diluted with more Good Neighbor hotels getting the on-site advantage. With rumor and speculation that FastPass+ may be replaced by MaxPass or something, it will be interesting to see how Disney would incentivize staying on property.

This has been the only thing close to "buyer's remorse" for me as well. The earlier FastPass+ booking window was the #1 reason we "had" to stay on site. With that requirement as a given, DVC made a LOT of sense for us. This had already been somewhat diluted with more Good Neighbor hotels getting the on-site advantage. With rumor and speculation that FastPass+ may be replaced by MaxPass or something, it will be interesting to see how Disney would incentivize staying on property.

This is just possibly how it could come out if they moved to MaxPass at WDW

DVC and Deluxe = Include DisPass
Moderate and Value = option to buy MaxPass $99/Day ($500/Week) at 60 Days out
Good Neighbors = option to buy MaxPass $99/Day ($500/Week) at 30 Days out
Day Ticket = option to buy MaxPass $125/Day ($700/week) at 14 days out

Annual Pass possibly could have a higher tier where its always included or where its only included at slower times of the year.

Last edited:

Annual Pass possibly could have a higher tier where its always included or where its only included at slower times of the year
I have a Disneyland annual pass and the top-tier pass does have maxpass included

I will miss it but I really fall for that bubble mentality. I love being able to easily walk to the parks from boardwalk etc

Annual Pass possibly could have a higher tier where its always included or where its only included at slower times of the year.
Is this real info or just your write up of possibilities?

Maxpass is 15 bucks a day at Disneyland

Universal Express Pass Unlimited is $90/day so I don't see Disney not charging more. They can't charge more as Disneyland because lets be honest its a 2-3 day trip and you saw everything, plus with so many locals the goal is to get some extra money out of them.

With WDW since people can go for a week and still not see everything they can more easily charge way more for the privilege.

Even Six Flags is $125 for the Platinum Flash Pass or $90 for the Gold Flash Pass.

Universal Express Pass Unlimited is $90/day so I don't see Disney not charging more. They can't charge more as Disneyland because lets be honest its a 2-3 day trip and you saw everything, plus with so many locals the goal is to get some extra money out of them.

With WDW since people can go for a week and still not see everything they can more easily charge way more for the privilege.

Even Six Flags is $125 for the Platinum Flash Pass or $90 for the Gold Flash Pass.
But the others is a front of the line pass. Maxpass still gives you a return time. DLR has a free fastpass system you pay for maxpass to be able to use your phone instead

But the others is a front of the line pass. Maxpass still gives you a return time. DLR has a free fastpass system you pay for maxpass to be able to use your phone instead

Then Maxpass is not coming to WDW.

Disney may change FP+ to a paid system but they will never have a virtual line system throughout the park. Disney even now opted for a physical line instead of a virtual line because it helps keep the crowds more contained in an orderly location.

It’s not a virtual line. It just Let’s you get your fast pass on your phone instead of the physical machine

I’ve got my first contract (Poly) at ROFR right now, and I have to admit, I’m having some buyer’s remorse. Am I the only one? I have fears that post-Covid Disney will be significantly different than pre-Covid Disney. I’m also concerned that I bought in too soon, and that prices are going to go way down in the next 18 months. Maybe once I pass ROFR and get my points in my account I will get excited again. But right now I’m worried I made a mistake. 😒
I wouldn't worry. I think you feel a bit spangly because it's a huge step. Why not try thinking less about the money and more about all the fun you're going to have. No matter what happens with Covid-19, Disney won't let its real estate value fall through the floor. That's why they have ROFR. If that's starts to happen, they will step in, that's why they have the ROFR safety net. If anyone can make things work in the 'new normal' it's these guys. They aren't called imagineers for nothing. OK so prices might go up and down, but, as someone told me when I used to trade stocks on the stock market, you're never going to buy right at the bottom of the curve and sell at the top, just accept it. It sounds like you've got a good price, near the bottom of the curve, so consider that a savvy move and give yourself a break for doing the best you can for you and your family.

My resale contract says "This contract shall be closed within 90 days of the effective date, unless extended by other provisions on the contract" with our effective date being 4/23/20. That sets the closing date at 7/22/20 (next Wednesday).

We will have passed ROFR 4 weeks ago tomorrow and still have not received closing docs. If we pass this date and have not closed, is the buyer able to get out of the contract without the penalties stated in the contract?

My resale contract says "This contract shall be closed within 90 days of the effective date, unless extended by other provisions on the contract" with our effective date being 4/23/20. That sets the closing date at 7/22/20 (next Wednesday).

We will have passed ROFR 4 weeks ago tomorrow and still have not received closing docs. If we pass this date and have not closed, is the buyer able to get out of the contract without the penalties stated in the contract?

Yes, that is typically how It works. I am really surprised you have not gotten them. What did your title company say?

Yes, that is typically how It works. I am really surprised you have not gotten them. What did your title company say?
I haven't heard from the title company since they asked for my deposit when this process all began. I reached out to my broker 2 weeks after passing ROFR and she said it would likely be another 2 weeks due to the number of contracts that came back from ROFR. I've never really had buyers remorse before, but the longer this drags out the more stress it's causing me 😞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter