Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

I like option #2 as well. You have the opportunity to mix and mingle with your guests. You could also do the safari ride in the evening, I think AK would great after dark! I wouldn't count out an illuminations desert party either. As one guest told me, it's a way to "test out" the theme parks without actually having to spend the day there.

HTH :goodvibes

Wow all your idea's sound great. I am so glad you started your PTR, I was worried you may have been scared off. I love the STD's, and the Mickey Mouse beanies are such a cute idea. How did you get the voice recorded things in them? All you plans for the cruise sound great, I really hope it all works out for you. You are very generous to do this all for your family, and to be thinking about them on your wedding as well as your own ideas and feelings. And with all your little extra idea's like the beach towels etc its just going to be amazing. I love the swimsuit you showed before for the ceromony, it was gorgeous. And as for the night before, I think the Wishes Cruise's may be a bit of a headache. How about something like a nice, outside informal BBQ at Fort Wilderness. Someone had one before and it looked great and the food there is so yummy.

Nobody likes the pontoon boats :'o(

Oh well. Maybe you guys are right! We just figured that people are going to be arriving at all different times and probably would not want to do anything requiring lots of energy like the parks. I figured it would be so easy to have bob jackson come and do a small open bar and apps for anyone who wanted to join in and then walk down to the dock and take the short ride over to the fireworks. I completely understand not wanting to have our guests seperated - but I figure its such a short time period and I think people would be more focused on the fireworks then on the people they were sitting with anyway. Its one of my favorite things, but I worry about people not liking it b/c of the cold.

If we do do AKL I am worried about not having space for people who want to hang out together to be able to do so - even though there is the lobby and hot tub. Also it would be a super big negative if the animals were not out for the safari! That would be such a disaster. I LOVE Boma - but John isn't that fond of it - I am not sure whats wrong with him! The only other problem is that its really far from everything else so it would be hard for people to leave and go out that night if they wanted to.

Oh well. Maybe you guys are right! We just figured that people are going to be arriving at all different times and probably would not want to do anything requiring lots of energy like the parks. I figured it would be so easy to have bob jackson come and do a small open bar and apps for anyone who wanted to join in and then walk down to the dock and take the short ride over to the fireworks. I completely understand not wanting to have our guests seperated - but I figure its such a short time period and I think people would be more focused on the fireworks then on the people they were sitting with anyway. Its one of my favorite things, but I worry about people not liking it b/c of the cold.
Its not that I don't like the idea, I just think it could be quite difficult with a large number of people. Apparently the cruises are hard to get so you may not be able to get enough boats, or they may not have enough even if you booked them all, it depends on your party size.

Yeah I checked we can't book until the am of Nov 2. So I figured we could call as they open and just book the fleet. There are 60 of us and 8 boats. Each boat I think holds 11. So it should work out with lots of room to spare. Also if the weather is bad then we can cancel up to 48 hours in advance or something. So if we see its going to be a really cold week we could change plans at the last minute.

If it looks like its going to be a really cold week I don't think we could cancel the safari. I haven't heard of being able to do an evening safari without buying a park ticket and doing the normal routine. Have you guys ever done it? Maybe that would be really cool. I have never seen the safari after dusk - is everything lit? Can you still see the animals?

Wow all your idea's sound great. I am so glad you started your PTR, I was worried you may have been scared off. I love the STD's, and the Mickey Mouse beanies are such a cute idea. How did you get the voice recorded things in them? All you plans for the cruise sound great, I really hope it all works out for you. You are very generous to do this all for your family, and to be thinking about them on your wedding as well as your own ideas and feelings. And with all your little extra idea's like the beach towels etc its just going to be amazing. I love the swimsuit you showed before for the ceromony, it was gorgeous. And as for the night before, I think the Wishes Cruise's may be a bit of a headache. How about something like a nice, outside informal BBQ at Fort Wilderness. Someone had one before and it looked great and the food there is so yummy.

Thank you!!! We had a voiceover done and wrote the script for the beanies. I went and tried on that bathing suit - I thought it would be soooo perfect - but in person it didn't look anything like it - I tried it on in black and its till made me look bad. So I am kind of scared of the white. I was just really really thin and like a tube. Kind of disappointing. Now I am thinking of just wearing a more normal white bikini and doing a cool white beaded tunic like cover up or something. I still have that dress too - which I really want to wear on the boat and its driving me nuts that the reception isn't settled.

If we did the boats I thought it would be fun to do sweatshirt blankets in navy with fuschia glitter ink with the last lines to wishes on it "Starlight, starbright - First star I see tonight - I wish I may, I wish I might, - Have the wish I wish tonight - We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do - And all our wishes will come true?" Then on the beach towels have "wishes do come true" somewhere is small letters. Do you guys think it would be weird to do blankets and towels as favors? It would be a lot for someone to carry home...

We started ring shopping today for wedding bands!!! I am super excited. Has anyone ever before bought stones over the internet? I am kind of scared - but the alternative is to have them sent to a store in NYC so we can see them in person - but thats a hassle.

I don't think you can book the Sunrise Safari unless you and ALL of your guests are staying concierge level at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I tried to book a Sunset Safari for our group, some stayed at AKL and we stayed in the Royal Asante Presidential Suite, and we were told no by our planner and by AKL concierge. They said all of our guests had to be concierge guests. I also don't think one truck would hold everyone and it is difficult to book. We ended up doing it on our own the day of arrival. There is a Magical Gatherings Safari Celebration dinner but that is something different.

You would probably need 6 pontoon boats and the cruises aren't exactly the easiest to get. You could try of course but you definitely need a back up plan in case you can't get them all. The boats are different sizes, the smaller ones DO NOT have sound, the larger ones have sound and hold 10 adults or 12 if there are children in the party. Cost is $275.00 per boat.

I think you should find something fun but a little more casual that way if people decide they are too tired after traveling you won't lose a ton of money.

Thank you!!! We had a voiceover done and wrote the script for the beanies. I went and tried on that bathing suit - I thought it would be soooo perfect - but in person it didn't look anything like it - I tried it on in black and its till made me look bad. So I am kind of scared of the white. I was just really really thin and like a tube. Kind of disappointing. Now I am thinking of just wearing a more normal white bikini and doing a cool white beaded tunic like cover up or something. I still have that dress too - which I really want to wear on the boat and its driving me nuts that the reception isn't settled.

If we did the boats I thought it would be fun to do sweatshirt blankets in navy with fuschia glitter ink with the last lines to wishes on it "Starlight, starbright - First star I see tonight - I wish I may, I wish I might, - Have the wish I wish tonight - We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do - And all our wishes will come true?" Then on the beach towels have "wishes do come true" somewhere is small letters. Do you guys think it would be weird to do blankets and towels as favors? It would be a lot for someone to carry home...

We started ring shopping today for wedding bands!!! I am super excited. Has anyone ever before bought stones over the internet? I am kind of scared - but the alternative is to have them sent to a store in NYC so we can see them in person - but thats a hassle.

No, I think they are lovely favors, I would love to get something like that. Maybe you should suggest that they don't bring towels or only one, that way you would just replace what they would have brought anyway. And the poem on the blanket sounds perfect, you have such cute ideas. Shame about the bathing suits, but you can get some gorgeous bikini's, maybe one with diamond details or something, or another swimsuit with some pretty detailing on.

I completely understand not wanting to have our guests seperated - but I figure its such a short time period and I think people would be more focused on the fireworks then on the people they were sitting with anyway. Its one of my favorite things, but I worry about people not liking it b/c of the cold.

If it's one of your favorite things to do, then you should try and book it! Your wedding should reflect you, and if it's one of your faves, then you should share that with your guests! I think the sweatshirts sound like a cute idea. Plus, I live in Florida, and while it gets chilly I don't think it gets too cold to sit on a boat and watch some fireworkds. Sweatshirts and blankets should be fine! Plus, the fireworks are only 12 minutes, so they won't be out there too long! But like someone mentioned, I would have a back up plan in case you can't book that many boats!

I don't think you can book the Sunrise Safari unless you and ALL of your guests are staying concierge level at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I tried to book a Sunset Safari for our group, some stayed at AKL and we stayed in the Royal Asante Presidential Suite, and we were told no by our planner and by AKL concierge. They said all of our guests had to be concierge guests. I also don't think one truck would hold everyone and it is difficult to book. We ended up doing it on our own the day of arrival. There is a Magical Gatherings Safari Celebration dinner but that is something different.

You would probably need 6 pontoon boats and the cruises aren't exactly the easiest to get. You could try of course but you definitely need a back up plan in case you can't get them all. The boats are different sizes, the smaller ones DO NOT have sound, the larger ones have sound and hold 10 adults or 12 if there are children in the party. Cost is $275.00 per boat.

I think you should find something fun but a little more casual that way if people decide they are too tired after traveling you won't lose a ton of money.

I first saw the concierge tour and thought that looked great - when I asked about it disney sent me a whole info pack on something that looks a little different. It is designed I think for corporate stuff. You don't even have to be staying at AKL to do it. Its quite a bit more expensive and it includes a private breakfast outside with characters and then there are all kinds of add on entertainment packages. We would def need multiple trucks. I was a little bummed that they couldn't pick us up at the hotel in the trucks and that we would have to take a bus to a back entrance of AK and walk from there. Its a lot of collapsing and unfolding of strollers for a morning.

At the moment we have the Napa room on hold but we have to say yes or no by may. I am worried that we are going to have too many people for it - but if we could keep it under 50 it would be so great! b/c everyone needs to eat dinner so everyone could just pop upstairs for an informal dinner and fireworks. Then we don't have to deal with the cold. The negative is that it is by far the most expensive of all the ideas, and DF isn't super fond of the contemp - even though I love it.

I liked the idea that we could do private dining on the boats. If we go that route I am going to try to see if we can book them before the normal booking time through DFTW. If there is no way to book them ahead of time then I figure no one else would be able to book them ahead of time - so if we try to book the second it opens then I think we would be in good shape. How many people are going to want to do a boat ride in the end of Jan? I orig got the idea b/c when we were on the grand1 some company had chartered the fleet of pontoon boats for the fireworks.

So I don't know I am still torn. I know my grandmother really likes the safari - so thats something I am trying to consider.

I wasn't trying to be negative just to clarify, I know sometimes when planning it is difficult to see all the logistics of putting something together.

I was planning on having our rehearsal dinner at Animal Kingdom (until we got bumped because of a convention :rolleyes: ) and we were going to have dinner at the Tamu Tamu courtyard after we rode the safari. We were going to do what they call a ride mix in. For $13.50 pp we were going to join the last safari ride of the evening. We were told our whole group might not end up together but most of us would be. Then we were going to have a buffet dinner. This was for January before we changed our date and they told us there were heaters available if it was too cold (for a price of course). This could be another option you can discuss with your planner. The price might be more reasonable then the other option you were given.

Oh no - don't think I think you are being negative - I really do need all of the constructive criticism I can get!

Now I think we might be talking about the same thing with the tamu tamu -

http://www.disneymedialab.com/dvm/concepts/Kilimanjaro_Sunrise_Safari-EC$$$.pdf

I am sure they could provide heaters - I bet the colder it is the higher the rental price goes :rotfl:

I don't know I am just sooo unsure of what to do. I feel like our guests are so varied and are all going to want to do different things and I just want to have one activity that everyone can enjoy together. If it were me I would force everyone out onto the water in the boats. Just because I think the fireworks are kind of magical especially from the water. Although I am known to be far more adventurous than most of my family. I really don't want anyone to be miserable!!!

SIGH what to do?

How about having a dessert party at Illuminations. You could serve food if you wanted also. The Italy Isola is so beautiful! I mean if you are going to be out on the water for Wishes then you can be outside for Illuminations and be right up front. Or the Grand Floridian Marina for a Wishes party. Then you don't have the problem of getting the whole fleet, who sits where, etc. etc.

I think the Tamu Tamu was the same I was offered, just at night. That is a cool idea.

I can relate to the frustration of not knowing what to plan. We changed our rehearsal dinner so many times. First we were at Tamu but we got bumped for a convention, then we were at Narnia in Hollywood Studios but they closed it to change it to Prince Caspian and they weren't sure if it was going to open back up as a convention location, then it opened back up and we were able to use it but then a convention booked the whole dang park and we got bumped again. We finally went with Raglan Road at Downtown Disney because we are both Irish. It was a very fun and casual get together. In the end it worked out best because we didn't want to spend 10k on a rehearsal dinner and have it outshine the actual wedding reception.

GL.

One thing you said you don't like about the safari option is collapsing all those strollers. If you are having a lot of kids I don't think I would go with the boat option. I know you aren't on the boat for an extremely long time but it is a pretty confined space for young children who could potentially be cranky and tired from travelling. It wouldn't very easy for their parents to remove them from the boat if they had a meltdown. When kids are cranky and tired and decide they have had enough even a beautiful fireworks show is not always enough to stop the meltdown.
What about doing a welcome party at the Grand Floridian's dock area and watching Wishes from there? Is that possible? Maybe they'd even give you an option to move it inside if it was too cold.
Or how about renting some convention space at the Contemporary, having a catered dinner, and then inviting everyone to go out on the public deck to watch the fireworks?
Another thing you might possibly look into is I know that the new Bay Lake Tower has a lounge on the top. I don't know the specifics of it and don't know if they've even made them available to the public other than the fact that it will be called Top of the World Lounge after the old restaurant at the Contemp. Maybe you can try to find out more info on that and ask if they will have private space available for renting out that will hold more than 50. I've heard it is supposed to have an observation deck. Bay Lake Tower is supposed to open this fall so it would be open before your wedding.

You guys are right - maybe a dessert party is easier... I originally wanted to stay at the GF - but DF keeps pushing for WL. I kept thinking about the new contemp tower for a hotel block because I thought that would be so perfect - but I am scared its going to be super super expensive. But if they could do it at the top there for more than 50 it would be perfect!!!!! then we could maybe even just stay at the contemp and people could walk. Its a BRILLIANT idea - I am going to email Bill about it right now!

Skylarr I can't remember your first name - I feel like I should know it by now.. Anyhoo how did you deal with the rehersal dinner moving all over the place?? I would have lost it! damn conventions!!!!!

Both of you are right if we do something at one of the hotels then if little people aren't happy we could run them inside. I don't think its possible to see the fireworks from WL. Right? If they had some sort of roof top lounge then that would please DF.

Ok I will let you guys know what Bill says about the new tower.

THANK YOU!!!

You guys are right - maybe a dessert party is easier... I originally wanted to stay at the GF - but DF keeps pushing for WL. I kept thinking about the new contemp tower for a hotel block because I thought that would be so perfect - but I am scared its going to be super super expensive. But if they could do it at the top there for more than 50 it would be perfect!!!!! then we could maybe even just stay at the contemp and people could walk. Its a BRILLIANT idea - I am going to email Bill about it right now!

Skylarr I can't remember your first name - I feel like I should know it by now.. Anyhoo how did you deal with the rehersal dinner moving all over the place?? I would have lost it! damn conventions!!!!!

Both of you are right if we do something at one of the hotels then if little people aren't happy we could run them inside. I don't think its possible to see the fireworks from WL. Right? If they had some sort of roof top lounge then that would please DF.

Ok I will let you guys know what Bill says about the new tower.

THANK YOU!!!

My name is Melissa, lol. You can't really see the fireworks from the WL. I mean I have seen them from my room on the concierge floor but it is only the highest fireworks, you can't see the castle or hear the music or anything. How about a wagon ride or bbq on the beach at Ft. Wilderness? Ft. Wilderness also has a campfire and characters and it is free (you can purchase smore kits and snacks etc.) and then they show a movie under the stars. That might be a good option if your guests stay at WL, you could make little smore kits as favors and everyone can sit around the fire. Casual, fun, and close to the resort.

I am not sure about the contemporary tower as it is DVC so I don't know if you will be able to get a room block there, it will definitely be in high demand by the members. You might be able to have your room block in the main Contemporary building and your guests could still walk over if they allow it to be used as convention space.

Melissa thanks! I sent a email to Bill so we shall see what he says. I am sure it would be sooo much cheaper to stay in the south wing of the contemp of they would let us do it - if they would let us use the lounge at all.

I think I want to stay away from ft. wilderness just because I have a fear its going to be cold so I don't want to make any freeze (I hate being cold) unless its something really really cool like fireworks.

We have stayed at DVC properties before, I am hoping because its such a slow time at disney when we are there they might let us do it - if we could use the lounge - if we could even afford the rooms there. I shutter just thinking about what the rooms must cost.

After you PMed me I just had to go on and read your PJ. Your wedding sounds like it is going to be a blast! I can't wait to hear more. The night before our wedding we got tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for everyone and we all dressed up like pirates. The group picture in front of the castle is awesome...ahhh the memories. N-e-ways, that may be an idea for you if there is a party at the MK the night you are interested in. Also, make sure to have a back up plan even if you go with a desert party. I speak from experience as my reception was to be held on the two French terraces and got bumped to a tiny not so pretty room in the American Adventure Parlor because of bad weather. Ick, but I just wanted to put that out there for ya.

Anna Marie

Thanks! I still LOVE your costumes!!!!! If there was a Pirate and Princess party the night before then it would be PERFECT but since they stopped the party this year and I really fearful about it returning and happening the night we would need it. Very sad - it was my favorite.

If we were planning to do something in the park and it rained I would be super upset! If it is raining really hard they would just cancel the boats and not charge us so at least we wouldn't loose anything over it.

I got an email today and they are willing to bump up the person max to 60 for the castle wedding which is perfect for us!!! YAY!!!! :dance3: I am just waiting to hear if the date is available.

I feel like it would be sooo pefect because I could wear my dress! We could all have breakfast after and head over to the boat. We don't have to be on board until 4 and its only 40 mins away so I feel like we would have tons of time to spare. If we CAN do it I just feel like it would be such a relief then I wouldn't have to worry and be so incredibly stressed over trying to coordinate a reception on the cruise. If the date is available I just have to talk DF into it...

i think there would be WAY more stress in trying to have a MK wedding early in the morning before going to the boat then the DCL wedding

That is the beauty of a DCL wedding..easy, simple package!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter