Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

Maybe she was unable to get all that she hoped for so she chose to act like she didn't want any of it?

Maybe she was unable to get all that she hoped for so she chose to act like she didn't want any of it?

I think you may be onto something....what she had to say about getting married in front of the castle has me miffed, i would do anything to get married in front of it and now shes changing her tune.....

I LOVED the castle. I would have given my left arm too to get a contract to be able to sign. My entire life I have lived in a disney bubble - everything in my life EVERYTHING has revolved around disney. Before anything disney especially a disney wedding would have made me soo unbelieveable happy.

BUT

We started working with DFTW last September that was 9 months ago! Pretty soon its going to be a full year and before I know it the wedding will be hear and we still won't have heard a word from disney or even gotten a confirmation that our wedding is acutally booked on DCL. DF and I were away for the weekend last weekend and we started talking about how frustrated we are in general that its been over 6 weeks and we still haven't heard any answers to some basic questions from our site visits. It has just been tooo long of a process and I know that some people on this board may say that I am indecisive but I am indecisive because I have no info - so I keep moving on to try to get info. I just want a contract signed on a venue so I can move on.

So last week my disney bubble burst. For the first time ever I have that feeling that I just don't care anymore. I don't care if we have a disney wedding. I don't care if we have mickey there. Honestly right now I just don't care if we ever go to disney ever again. Thats HUGE for me and kind of scary. I used to be soo obsessed with everything disney and now I am not. Simply because I am sooo frustrated with the wedding dept. I would rather spend more and go elsewhere just for the convenience of being able to book everything and be done with it.

and yes we do need to make a decision instantly so we can let our guests know about the date changes. Everyone needed a passport for the cruise and so that doesn't make much difference.

We have been to Italy enough times so that we are pretty familiar with it and we have never had any problems. If our plane gets diverted to Pisa - it gets diverted to Pisa - it would actually be more convenient in the long run if it did.

Two weeks ago I would have signed a contract in a heartbeat if they had sent it to me. Now I just feel like we have to explore other options and Portofino is DFs first choice. Its one of my most favorite little places and so I am not unhappy with the decision at all.

P.S. just another note on the castle - I think its great for the photo session and if we were doing a disney wedding I would consider it. However now after exploring so much else - I don't want to be married in front of it. Thats just me.

Your wedding should be the happiest day of your lives, it should not be stressful and worrisome!!!

Also, not only has your Disney bubble been burst, but you've successfully burst the bubble of some very excited brides here with your comment about the Cinderella's Castle wedding being tacky...if you think it's tacky, why have you been so focused on having your ceremony there???

BUT

We started working with DFTW last September that was 9 months ago!...

Two weeks ago I would have signed a contract in a heartbeat if they had sent it to me....

Ok, I hope I don't get flamed too-( please people don't take this to mean anything negagive about your choices and weddings- I think they are beautiful- but this was simply my experience), but that was my experience (although much, much shorter!) with DFTW. It didn't burst my bubble, I just figured this is how big fancy wedding places are? I have no idea, I'm not good bride material :rotfl: But I assumed I'd have been treated like that anywhere I was going to spend a fortune? But maybe not, who knows. I have very- very- little experience in those types of things (very small midwest town/northern girl!)- was happy to get married on a few days notice out in the snow :lmao:

But in all seriousness, my DH reproposed to renew our vows at the WP. We were going to do that, and all the trimmings, and spend about 15k (if I'm honest, our budget did go over that!) on the whole thing. After we went back and forth on venues for a few weeks, I was ready to book a new location which I could get at the 8 month mark at that time, contacted them, to get the sunrise terrace. We had our date. Nothing, no calls back, weeks and nothing!! If they had sent me a contract, I'd have signed, but no matter how much I called, they didn't respond. AT ALL!! It as so frustrating! I also found out later on these boards that things they told me weren't true (this was the sales consultant I believe, not the first people on the phone) and we could have had a date we had originally wanted anyway. It's crazy, because we had said- we're ready to book, all set, and just not a word.

After a lot of talk, to me, that was SO much money to us!!, and I felt completely terrified of spending it on people that wouldn't give me the time of day:( It was sad, but I decided that I still loved disney, and wanted a somewhat disney wedding... so we came up with the plan we have (which took a fair amount of researching and calls!). Take that money and buy DVC resale, and then take the rest and have a scaled back wedding- which is half at disney (grand floridian thanks to you and I'm SO grateful for your help with that!!), and half at discovery cove. Talking to another venue, just getting returned phone calls- it was so nice. And, I was able to give my kids vacations at disney for years and years, to me, that would have been enough! But at this point, the kids and us were all ready to have a VR too!

I'd just like to say, that I talked to another disney vow renewal bride the whole time, and her experience was so different- I assume it was because she was working with a different consultant than me at the time- but she felt really bad at how I was being treated. And I am really happy for her, her DFTW is coming along beautifully- and there are so many beautiful weddings. I think my experience was the exception, not the norm, but it still sucked. But at the same time, I think DFTW, and a couple bad apples there doesn't ruin all of disney- I hope it won't for you! But there are also other options out there, and because you, like I, chose one, it doesn't have to mean someone else's choice is bad. We all have our own path to follow. This is your wedding, it should NOT be this stressful! And I don't know if DFTW is typical, but I don't understand why when you are spending so much money on something so special, people can be so rude!

I'm very glad it worked out like it did, and I hope that this will turn out perfectly for you as well. It really did- and I am sure it will for you in the end :goodvibes I am THRILLED with our plans, they are beyond my wildest dreams, not to mention the fact at how much cheaper it is and being able to buy DVC. I would ahve been thrilled, too, with the DFTW, and like you I'd have booked it if I could have. I just wouldn't put up with the type of treatment we were receiving. So I really understand what you are saying about that. It's really too bad :sad2:

You know what's really crazy, is after a few weeks, I gave up calling and emailing and trying to book it. And I made other plans. But NEVER have they contacted me back. Not once! I thought at some point they would, and I'd have to explain. But nope, nothing. I talked to some others that are 'in the know' down there and shared my experience and they just couldn't believe they would have lost our business that way. It was really sad and hard to beleive (especially in this economy!!) :confused3

Anyway, I wanted you to know that you were not the only one that had a bad experience. And that it's worked out great for us:)
Wishing you the best and that it's all figured out asap!! :goodvibes

Everyone needed a passport for the cruise and so that doesn't make much difference.

Just an FYI you do not need a passport for the cruise because it is a closed loop cruise (departs and return to the same US port). Going to Italy even babies will need a passport. Just wanted to let you know that because with the time it takes to get a child's birth certificate after their birth and then apply for a passport it could be pushing it if you have any babies under 8 months old or so.

IMO you can't just complain here about no response from the wedding department. Call your planner and demand answers and a deadline. Today is Tuesday, call him and tell him if you don't have answers by Friday and your contract is not being drawn up you are walking (whether you intend to or not). I agree that it would be ridiculous to not have answers but you also have to assert yourself in this case as well. I think I signed 5 contracts and switched locations like 10 times and in the end I had to even change my date but it all worked out. DFTW does not run on the same wedding schedule as the rest of the industry because everything is right there at your fingers, floral, catering, photography, etc. so it takes a lot less time than most venues. The cruise weddings take even less as it is a set package and you pretty much just show up. I would also try calling the main number and ask to speak to a supervisor if you really feel like your sales manager hasn't gotten back to you but don't throw him under the buss if he is waiting for answers from the higher ups. It might not be his fault, if you wanted the location changed a little and there is possible construction all those things could be coming into play.

You also need to set a deadline for yourself and decide what you're doing. Have any of your guests bought airfare etc.? It doesn't matter to keep changing your mind about Disney options but it does matter if you are changing countries. I have a feeling your guests might get a little peeved to have all the plans completely changed so close.

I agree with Skylarr. Call and ask for an answer before a certain date. The problem may be that Disney doesn't plan a lot of their projects so far in advance. A lot of referbs and such are only announced and solidly planed a few months in advance. Also, your questions about the castle may have to be answered from a Magic Kingdom manager and they may be hard to get a hold of and may be the ones holding your consultant up.

Also, weren't you worried about your guests wanting to fly a long distance? Are your guests going to take a flight from their hometowns to Italy?

Bottom line, you need to be happy in whatever you decide. If the castle wedding is still the fantasy, as it is for most of us, go with it and don't let anyone get in your way! Beat down the doors at Disney, and as Skylarr said, demand some answers.

If the castle wedding is not something you are interested in any longer, find what does make you happy. This came to my mind, what about the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal? This would still allow your guests to go on the cruise, and it's not so much of a huge transition from your current plans.

Best of luck, and let us know what you decide.

Since my wedding was a long time ago I rarely post on the wedding boards anymore, but I love weddings and obviously I love Disney, so I still lurk. I saw your PJ months ago and I'm having a bad day so I decided to read and catch up to try to cheer up. When I saw you were changing from Disney/Castle/DCL/Whatever to Italy my jaw literally dropped. Italy is gorgeous - BTDT - and I don't care where you get married; I don't know you and won't be invited, but how can you complain about being in contact with Disney since last September and that they haven't worked with you or drawn up a contract or the like when you can't even make up your mind what you want. I don't blame you, the choices are endless and JMHO but not all the blame for Disney falling through lies with DFTW.

I do send you Best Wishes on your marriage. All this back and forth planning may have taken your priorities away from the fact that the wedding is just a day (or 4 days or 7 days or whatever you want it to be) but the marriage lasts a lifetime.

Hi,

I saw your post about The Little Couple. How are your wedding plans coming? Have you found a location that you and your fiance are happy with?

Hope this finds you well.

I have not read this PJ in awhile and had some time today so I caught up....I am SOOOOO Totally confused by this.

Are you giving up the Cruise Wedding??
Is the Castle out of the running??
And NOW ITALY??

I mean I guess as "AMAZING" as this wedding may be I have to say I am glad I would NOT be on this guest list...how do you expect anyone to plan anything?? For our daughter wedding in November 2009 on the wonder, we booked our cruise in October 2008. I had to wait longer to book our flights (had to wait for Southwest to post flights for November) But come on REALLY?? You said people have booked the cruise right?? What are they to do now cancel it and plan a trip to Italy?? I really have to ask does ANYONE who will be attending your wedding actually HAVE A JOB that they may have to work around in order to get time off?? I mean January is a mear 6 months away, and now you are thinking "oh well lets all fly to Italy"

I really really think that like someone else posted YOU need to decide what YOU want to do and do it. I am sure others have seen some of my posts about things changing and so on with the plans on the Cruise, is DD totally happy with them absolutley not but you know what, she is marrying a WONDERFUL GUY and they are looking forward to starting a life together yes it is their wedding but the much bigger thing is the "LIFE" they will build together after all the fuss is over.

Will this post get me flamed:confused3 I don't know, I have to say we have gotten some really good advice from people on here and some things have changed in a major way from when some have done it. I guess I am beginning to see more why Disney is making alot of these changes, It's like everything else....remember the kid in school who made EVERYONE miss recess because they didn't follow the rules????

Part of me wonders if this wedding planning was for real. Was she pulling our legs or did she opt out of all Disney plans for Italy?

Part of me wonders if this wedding planning was for real. Was she pulling our legs or did she opt out of all Disney plans for Italy?

Was thinking the same thing---or she is just someone who is NEVER told NO to--so now she will pout until she gets her way--or make it look like it was her idea to change venues.

I thought I would check up on this one today wondering if any SOLID PLANS have been made yet.....Castle, Cruise, Italy which will be the final answer?????

It is almost Wedding time. I hope you come and update us on your Magical Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter