Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

I can't improve on MTK's comments, so I will just say DITTO!

Sorry I am not more creative, but my week stank!

Loved your episode as always!

I wheezed with you all the way through this. I know the panic and thankfully I like coffee! :thumbsup2 I was really amazed that I did not wheeze/cough/gag at Conservation Station in AK; it must have been the pixie dust in the air that counteracts all allergens.

I loved the Dragonriders of Pern books! Good summertime reading lying out in the sun all buttered up with Banana Boat oil. Boy, I miss the 80's.

MTK: I have never seen a green chicken. I cannot imagine what happened to it to get to that state. :sick:

I wheezed with you all the way through this. I know the panic and thankfully I like coffee! :thumbsup2 I was really amazed that I did not wheeze/cough/gag at Conservation Station in AK; it must have been the pixie dust in the air that counteracts all allergens.

I loved the Dragonriders of Pern books! Good summertime reading lying out in the sun all buttered up with Banana Boat oil. Boy, I miss the 80's.

MTK: I have never seen a green chicken. I cannot imagine what happened to it to get to that state. :sick:

Seriously, what was that chicken doing before he corked it?

I was confused for a moment here because the 1980's triage is actually Aqua Net, a Satin Jackets, and a mint green boom box, but then I saw the word "asthma"

Men. Woman never forget when we get our crowns.

You forgot the jeans, incredibly tight, holey jeans. or pleather will do in a pinch.

And I'm pretty sure women are given their first crown at birth. So they can practice on daddy. or is that just my daughter? ;)

another great episode bisquit. even by the jiggler standard. (the ruler I use to measure all other trip reports)

daze

Forget quoting - all I need is this:

A boatload of caffeine AND Albuterol?!?! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My heart's racing just reading this. Ouch!

Good thing it worked, though. I'd hate to see what passed for a "breathing treatment" in Medieval Times. :scared:

Well then, I'm all caught up on this here Trip Report. I think I read 5 or 6 chapters during lunch. The whole buffet deal didn't end as badly as I thought it would. I was certain an explosion of some type was headed our direction. I even put down my sandwich.

$5 footlong from Subway, you understand.

You seem prone to accidents and/or incidents. Which is funny for us, but a little alarming for your own general well-being. That you drunk dialed your pastor is hy-larious. Good thing he had a sense of humor.

Banned from a time share presentation?! That's full on funny. I think your dad is good people.

:moped:

I was confused for a moment here because the 1980's triage is actually Aqua Net, a Satin Jackets, and a mint green boom box, but then I saw the word "asthma"
My boom box was red and black...like Michael Jackson's jacket. :sad2:

That one sentence makes me want to go.
You know, given your TR, there's more than one way to take that sentence. Point in case:
That is also my war cry on the way to the toilet.
This had me laughing like a crazy man BTW. Which is fun, but tends to frighten others.
When my MIL was up recently, she was making a chicken and when she cut into it, the chicken was all green and moldy :scared1: You wouldn't want to be one with that chicken.
That just aint even right. Glad to see you back this way!

I can't improve on MTK's comments, so I will just say DITTO!

Sorry I am not more creative, but my week stank!

Loved your episode as always!
Sorry your week was stinky! That's no good. Here is the Certified GreatBiscuit Prescription for Week Unstinkiness.

1. Stand up, pat the top of your head and say "Woogity doogity wackity doo"

2. Belt out the Olympic Theme song by bucking like a chicken. (I'm famous at parties for that one.)

3. Dance the Cupid Shuffle and then do the Fred G. Sanford heart attack move when it comes time to walk it by yourself.

4. Drive through McDonalds and order a cheeseburger with no cheese. If they ask you if mean a hamburger, say no and insist on a cheeseburger with no cheese.

5. Call your cell phone provider and tell whomever answers that there is something wrong with your phone. When they ask what, tell them it keeps lighting up, playing music and showing a phone number on the screen and you don't know why.

6. Eat a Zebra Cake. Why? Zebra Cakes don't need no reason.

Hurray allergy killing pixie dust! I need some for my office. The 80's were truly something weren't they? And green chicken...I don’t even want to ponder that one.

Seriously, what was that chicken doing before he corked it?
Maybe he got slimed over at Nick Studios.

You forgot the jeans, incredibly tight, holey jeans. or pleather will do in a pinch.

And I'm pretty sure women are given their first crown at birth. So they can practice on daddy. or is that just my daughter? ;)

another great episode bisquit. even by the jiggler standard. (the ruler I use to measure all other trip reports)

daze
I think you may be onto something with that crown at birth theory. Glad you enjoyed the episode.

Forget quoting - all I need is this:

A boatload of caffeine AND Albuterol?!?! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My heart's racing just reading this. Ouch!

Good thing it worked, though. I'd hate to see what passed for a "breathing treatment" in Medieval Times. :scared:
I hadn't thought of Medieval pulmonary treatment options. That could be scarier than being imprisoned on Discovery Island!

Well then, I'm all caught up on this here Trip Report. I think I read 5 or 6 chapters during lunch. The whole buffet deal didn't end as badly as I thought it would. I was certain an explosion of some type was headed our direction. I even put down my sandwich.
$5 footlong from Subway, you understand.
You seem prone to accidents and/or incidents. Which is funny for us, but a little alarming for your own general well-being. That you drunk dialed your pastor is hy-larious. Good thing he had a sense of humor.
Banned from a time share presentation?! That's full on funny. I think your dad is good people.
Zzub! Welcome back my spork loving friend! Sorry to interrupt your sub there. That’s always a bummer. I am definitely accident prone which has often been the topic of discussion between my wife and myself. As to the unfortunate drunk dialing incident, our pastor certainly got a good laugh out of the VM and has vowed not to delete it. Joy. The time share ban cracked us all up because it was the cheesiest form of supposed sales motivation we’d ever heard. And it obviously wasn’t quite accurate. Kind of like Sales Dude’s math. Finally, as to Pop (as he tends to be called) I think he’s good peeps too.

Sorry your week was stinky! That's no good. Here is the Certified GreatBiscuit Prescription for Week Unstinkiness.

1. Stand up, pat the top of your head and say "Woogity doogity wackity doo"

2. Belt out the Olympic Theme song by bucking like a chicken. (I'm famous at parties for that one.)

3. Dance the Cupid Shuffle and then do the Fred G. Sanford heart attack move when it comes time to walk it by yourself.

4. Drive through McDonalds and order a cheeseburger with no cheese. If they ask you if mean a hamburger, say no and insist on a cheeseburger with no cheese.

5. Call your cell phone provider and tell whomever answers that there is something wrong with your phone. When they ask what, tell them it keeps lighting up, playing music and showing a phone number on the screen and you don't know why.

6. Eat a Zebra Cake. Why? Zebra Cakes don't need no reason.

LOL, great tips! Thanks, GB. I shall print it and carry it with me at all times.

Now off to google the Olympic theme song ....

Great Biscuit,

Reading your trip report makes me wonder why your family, having taken you on one trip, would EVER take you on another. And how about a picture of you (and of poor Pete) so that I can start properly visualizing this report? Cause what I'm seeing now, ain't pretty. I figure that if you can round up an old pennant picture, you can find a "Pete and Me" picture.

And, your trip reports are hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Well, I always want to respond to every post, but I'm not sure what the proper response to the popcorn emoticon would be. We need a butter tap emoticon. That's another thing I want installed if I ever build a house by the way. A queue cave and a butter tap. Now THAT's a dream home right there.

Great Biscuit,

Reading your trip report makes me wonder why your family, having taken you on one trip, would EVER take you on another. And how about a picture of you (and of poor Pete) so that I can start properly visualizing this report? Cause what I'm seeing now, ain't pretty. I figure that if you can round up an old pennant picture, you can find a "Pete and Me" picture.

And, your trip reports are hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
I think I may be able to accomodate. I know I have photos from our Colorado vacation about 3-4 years later. I may have been during my "I'm going to grow and cool 'stash" phase, so if it is you'll have to overlook my lip.

Thanks for reading all - off to post an update. :woohoo: popcorn::

Episode 16 - Making a Deal and Living a Dream.

Ah, early morning at Walt Disney World. Is there anything greater? Endless possibilities stand before you. Anticipation and excitement build. All of your senses are ready to be overloaded. Your eyes are treated to larger than life icons, brilliantly colored architecture and giant walking cartoon characters; while your ears take in the roar of the parking lot trams, the creaking of turnstiles, and the faint yet familiar mood music as you enter the parks having once again missed rope drop. DOH! Dag Nabbit, Euble T. Biscuits Ben Eatin! We missed it again? Great Giblet Juice! Oh well, let it go, happy place, happy place, bakers man, could be worse and stuck on the tram. Okay. I’m over it. Good to go. Give me a park map. Why? To smack folks on the head and say “HURRY IT UP THERE TONTO!” Why else? You don’t think I actually need to read it do you? I know this park like the back of my hand! Well…..the side of my elbow anyway.

Where are we today? The Disney MGM Studios. (Slap an amber gel in the spotlight, crank me out a light mist on the hazer, cue the angelic chorus and give me a shaft of gleaming golden light on my monitor.) This was more than just Disney euphoria for me, it was film junky geekness on steroids. Like A-Rod in the Rangers dugout, I was juicing.

I love, Love, LOVE film, TV, and theatrical production. From my days of doing stage lighting in high school and college, to my college dude stint as student manager in the campus TV studio, to the hours I currently spend doing stage lighting and shooting & editing video for our church, I have found a long standing joy in being behind the scenes. Whereas most people go to a live show to actually, I don’t know, watch said show, I go and count the number and type of lights they are using, try to get a peek at the lighting console, check out the FX equipment they have installed, look for hidden spotlight operators, see what color gel combinations they use, etc. When I buy a DVD, the thing I’m most interested in is not the actual show, but the bonus features. (The Lord or the Rings Trilogy extended edition DVD’s are my favorite for bonus features BTW.) The point is, I’m enamored with the entire production process and within moments, The Studios (as it likes to be called) became my favorite park.

I worry now that this will change when I go back. The last time we were there, I actually got to see a scene being shot for a feature film. (More on that around episode 26-ish.) With the studios no longer being used to film actual productions, I wonder if some of the luster will have worn off. Now that I’m older and wiser, well older anyway, will it no longer hold the same cool factor as it once did? Possibly. But then there are a host of attractions that I have never done in this park and if anything will get you over a nostalgic letdown, being propelled at high velocity through looping embankments ought to do the trick.

Having effectively wasted an entire page rambling on about nothing of consequence, perhaps it would behoove me to get this episode moving along. Upon entering the park, we make our way left and headed straight to our transport to the Moon of Endor and it's embedded attraction, Star Tours. Having ridden it to death on this and subsequent journeys, can I just stay I still love this ride? I know it’s dated and a little hokey, okay a lot hokey, but I just really LOVE this ride. The themeing in the queue area (still not as fun to say as queue caves) is just fun. It makes me smile. And that, to me, makes it special.

This being my first ride on my first visit to the park, it was a near out of body experience. The fact that I didn’t spend the entire day running from the exit back to the queue is a testament to my mother’s skill as a negotiator. Forget those 12 hour standoffs they have where police man A makes nice with bad guy B while policemen C-Z plan to scramble bad guy B’s cranium the moment they get a clean shot. Just send in my mother. It’d be over in a minute. All she’d have to do is use her mom voice, grab a bullhorn and say “Boy you better get your rear end out here RIGHT NOW before I have to come in there and beat you with my shoe!” (Which she often threatened, yet never followed through on. But I wasn’t about to be the fellow to call her bluff.)

We left Star Tours and went next door to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! After seeing the show, I wholeheartedly endorsed the appropriateness of its naming. (This was the only time I saw this show, but I’ve heard it is now long overdue for a re-write.)

Having thus met my morning quota of John Williams, it was time to move on. At the time, Let’s Make A Deal was doing their little spiel at MGM and we headed that way to join in on the “Contestant Audition”. I think that this was actually some sort of retribution on the part of Disney against its park guests. Somewhere, some Imagineer opened the employee suggestion box and pulled out a card from a cast member requesting some way of getting even for all of the crazy things guests have put her through. After careful thought, the solution became clear. Let’s pack hundreds of hot sweaty park guests around a tiny little stage, and make them jump and down and scream for thirty minutes to win a spot on a simulated game show. Yeah, that would be fun. And because they built it, we did come. (It’s a rule. Section 12, Paragraph 14 of the James Earl Jones directive.)

We were not chosen to participate as contestants, but it did lead to one humorous memory. My mom and Lynnlee were up against the front of the stage, trying to get noticed. To help my sister get more air on her jumps my mom grabbed her by the waistband and gave her some power lifts. My sister then starts yelling “Mom, you’re given me a wedgie!” Pete and I of course break down laughing and my mom replies “JUST KEEP JUMPING!” Good times. When we finally did get in for our taping which was not a taping, we wound up in the top row. This was great for me as it gave me a chance to oogle all the cool techno stuff without looking like a total hick. (Look PA! One of them thar new fangled tele-mavision cameras!) Pete spent the entire time screaming “KEEP THE MONEY!” which was promptly incorporated into our “phrases of annoyance” repertoire. All in all it was fun, but by the time we waited for the lobby doors to open, waited around the stage for microphone dude to come out, “auditioned”, waited for the studio doors to open, and then sat through the “taping”, we had burned up nearly two hours.

A bit bummed at having only taken in three attractions that morning, we set out for our daily off site lunch. The day before, while we were off conquering time shares, my grandparents had spent the morning in Epcot and had loved World Showcase. To that end, they had returned again this particular morning to continue their tour. We all met up at an offsite BBQ place that I can’t remember the name of, but had some REALLY good smoked chicken. (Chicken and fish where after all the staples of my grandfather’s cardio diet.) It was somewhere on the Kissimmee strip, on the same side of the street as Medieval Times. If you think of it, help a Biscuit out. It was definitely Good Eats! I hoped to fare better on our evening romp through the studio. As it turned out, this particular evening would stand out a little different than I had hoped. It would introduce me to the longest line I have ever stood in at “The World”.

Coming up on Episode 17 - The Longest Line EVER (Bet you didn’t see that creative title coming!)

Last edited:
Finally caught up! Loved the time share story! My dad is a super math genius too...it did not pass down to me! As for the cat thing....yikes is all I can say. I am highly allergic to them also...even after 5 years of weekly allergy shots. As for the clumsy gene....I understand. I have bruises regularly that I have no idea where they come from...my husband points them out and say's the clumsy gene strikes again hmm?

Hope you guys put down double the bath mats to prevent a further slip! Smile!

Ah, early morning at Walt Disney World. Is there anything greater? Endless possibilities stand before you. Anticipation and excitement build. All of your senses are ready to be overloaded. Your eyes are treated to larger than life icons, brilliantly colored architecture and giant walking cartoon characters; while your ears take in the roar of the parking lot trams, the creaking of turnstiles, and the faint yet familiar mood music...
Wait - why are you hearing the creak of turnstiles? No rope drop?!
...as you enter the parks having once again missed rope drop. DOH!
Ack! :faint:

Okay, honestly - how was it? I never went to MGM in its early days and I've always wondered if it was packed then like it is nowadays.

It was somewhere on the Kissimmee strip, on the same side of the street as Medieval Times. If you think of it, help a Biscuit out.
All I can think of at the moment is Sonny's, but I'm not sure if they're in Orlando. :confused:

GB, unother great and funny update. Thanks!
Thanks BSG!

Finally caught up! Loved the time share story! My dad is a super math genius too...it did not pass down to me! As for the cat thing....yikes is all I can say. I am highly allergic to them also...even after 5 years of weekly allergy shots. As for the clumsy gene....I understand. I have bruises regularly that I have no idea where they come from...my husband points them out and say's the clumsy gene strikes again hmm?

Hope you guys put down double the bath mats to prevent a further slip! Smile!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who is "prone to incident". As to the bathmat, I think I'm going to duct tape 4 of them together just to make sure I have an ample landing pad.

Okay, honestly - how was it? I never went to MGM in its early days and I've always wondered if it was packed then like it is nowadays.
It was CRAZY FUNKY crowded...as you will see shortly!

All I can think of at the moment is Sonny's, but I'm not sure if they're in Orlando. :confused:
That actually sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't say for sure. The BBQ of choice here is a fine little joint called Rudy's. Unfortunately it's about 45 min away.

So what were the condolence prizes back then? I'm betting not a goat on a leash like on TV...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter