Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Episode 48 - Biscuit's Return to Paradise

Greetings friends! Six months and four dozen episodes ago, I shared with you a dream to return to that place we all know and love. I am happy to report that this trip was all that I had hoped it would be and more.

Let’s begin by reintroducing the cast shall we?

From left to right, we have First Lady Biscuit, GreatBiscuit, my nephew Preston (6) , DD Hailee (5) , Aunt Janna, DD Tahli (ALMOST 7) , Papa (AKA FatherLoaf) & Nana (AKA MotherLoaf).

Day zero began with some last minute packing and the requisite straightening up of the house. Our original plan was to leave home at 3:30 PM, meet up with my parents at their house, and then head down to Houston, eat at my sister’s house and finally to check into our motel for the night.

I began loading up the car at 3:45, and managed to get our 4 checked suitcases, 4 carry-ons and 1 laptop case all crammed into the trunk & backseat. After everyone did their final duties, it was time to load up. That’s when we noticed Tracy’s cell phone was missing. So I unpacked the car and began digging in suitcases. Then she remembered that she had shaken her purse out over the trash to rid it of some confetti one of the girls had dumped in it. Her phone normally rides in a pocket on the outside, so she thought maybe it had fallen out unobserved. I headed outside and dialed it, then heard it faintly ringing in the big can we roll down to the curb.

By 4:30 I had reloaded the suitcases back into the car and we were off to Kohls. There was something we needed, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Whatever we were looking for, we did not find and so we headed off to my mom’s house. (Correction...FLB tells me it was Wal-Mart which is NEXT to Kohls and we found everything we needed except Silly Putty which we were going to add to the girls travel suitcase.) Normally, this would be a 15 minute journey, but as you know, when it comes to travel, the Biscuit clan is far from normal.

We wound up gridlocked in traffic and at the first red light, I noticed a car in the right hand lane was smoking. The driver jumped out and opened the door, and I saw the smoke was coming from the door itself. The window was down and it was billowing out of the slot the window lowers into. (My guess is the window motor caught fire.) He got back in and pulled the car to the shoulder. Luckily he had a case of water in the car and started dousing the door with it. I wished him well and continued on our journey.

We finally arrived at my parents’ house at six and after another run to the facilities, we loaded up and pulled away at 6:15 PM. The Biscuit clan was finally on the road! Trip 7 had officially begun. WOOHOOO! We knew we couldn’t wait three hours for dinner, so we decided to pinch hit some Burger King at our highway cutoff about 20 miles down the road, but there happened to be a Subway in close proximity and the BK got vetoed.

Sandwiches in hand, we set off cross country on the back roads of Central Texas. Let’s see, there were cows, horses, cows, sorghum, chickens, more cows, three trains, some cows, a dead armadillo, cows, a creek, more horses, and oh yeah, some cows. In short, there were a lot of cows.

The drive also set a precedent that would be repeated throughout our trip. Before I proceed any further, I must point out that I love having two daughters. It’s a wonderful and awesome privilege and I count it a joy every day. That said, may I make an observation? Little girls need to potty at inopportune times. Whether it’s out in the middle of nowhere, or 2 min before a show is about to begin, they have a knack for poor bladder timing. But, what can you do? Not much, but roll with it and seek out the nearest facility.

I snapped this during one of our many RR breaks.

There was also one other stop that we had to make on the way down. As you may recall from the Season 7 PTR, Aunt Jana recently took a job in Florida. Her house in Texas is still on the market and there were a few things still there that she needed, so we stopped and picked them up for her.

We finally arrived at the motel at 11 PM and lugged all our stuff to the room. By the time everyone was settled in and sleeping it was near 1 AM. I slept lightly at best and seemed to awake every 30 min or so.

Finally at 4 AM, I rolled my eager self into the shower and was soon rearing to go. We called down to the desk at 4;30 to confirm we needed an airport shuttle for 7 at 5:00 AM. We arrived in the lobby at 4:58 and discovered the shuttle had just left. The desk clerk advised we should have called. I advised we did call. She advised they just left with a family of four. I advised that we called and told them we had a group of 7 so it seems odd they would assume the group of 4 was us. She advised it would be 20 minutes. I advised I needed some coffee.

The shuttle eventually returned and we loaded up, but we were now a bit pressed for time.

You can't tell they are going on 3 hours sleep!

Our driver was nice, but she let us off at the wrong spot. We then had to swim upstream with a monstrous pile of luggage and three small children.

We finally got to the correct place, checked ourselves in, and headed through the security line. This was a trip in and of itself. I’m sure if someone would have had a video of us it would win an award somewhere. There was a lot of “put your shoes up here, put that down, don’t touch that, wait for us, don’t go behind there, we’ll potty in a minute” and so on and so forth.

By the time we made it through, it was nearing time to board. Tracy and Nana took the young uns to make use of the facilities. No sooner had they left than the "way too happy for 6 in the morning" gate agent announced it was time to board. I was a bit flustered at that point. After all, why get up at the butt crack of dawn to do online check-in the day before to ensure you are in the first boarding group, only to be the last ones on the plane? But alas, the Southwest Agent was over-eager and it was about 10 minutes before we actually started boarding so all was well in the world. We were on the Southwest Shamu plane, but it was too dark for a good photo. If you really feel the urge, just Google it and I’m sure there are many photos to be found.

We wound up in three rows, with Tahli and myself in a row of our own, sitting across from Hailee and Tracy in a row of their own, and Nana, Papa & Preston sitting in front of them.

Of course this did not last long, and soon all the kids were in the same row watching a video. (I picked up this handy Belkin splitter at Best Buy that lets you run 5 sets of headphones on one jack.)

The flight lasted two hours, and we were soon gliding over Orlando. The kids all returned to their original seats to watch for Disney World.

I watched out the window with Tahli as we circled around to land, and soon, we felt the wheels touch the ground.

Though it had taken longer than I had hoped, I was back. In a few short moments, we would be getting off the plane and heading to The World. As we were pulling to the gate, Tahli turned from the window, smiled at me and said “I’m so excited!” Me too princess! Now let’s go have an adventure!

Coming up on Episode 49 – Bring on the Magic!

Last edited:
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

100_1151.jpg

VERY cute picture of everyone in their matching shirts! :thumbsup2 Your girls are beautiful!

I slept lightly at best and seemed to awake every 30 min or so.

It was the Disney giddiness/nerves, wasn't it? That is exactly how I sleep the night before every trip too! Just too excited to actually sleep!

I laughed out loud at the ordeal getting through security. Getting kids-any age-through is just absurdly nutty. Did you notice at MCO they have "family lines" now for security? MSP has started this too and I LOVE it! Everyone in that line is in the same boat as me, so I don't feel bad with my 8282920 bags and sending the stroller through security, and the shoes and the sippies, etc! :thumbsup2

Score on the 5 way splitter! We have a 2 way and use it all the time. Gotta look for a bigger one now that we have a child...and thankfully a Best Buy is about to open in our tiny little town! :woohoo:

Tahli turned from the window, smiled at me and said “I’m so excited!” Me too princess, let’s go have an adventure.

IMG00318.jpg

Let's hear it now...a collective "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" :goodvibes

*my fonts went all crazy in this reply and that bothers me, but I'm too tired to adjust. :)

Dear Great Biscuit -

Your family is beautiful. On the plane and on the way! Can't wait for more...

Mrs. Spratt

Woot am i first?! :cool1:
And so it begins.......YAY:banana:
Way to go Burly! Glad to have you along for the next chapter of the tale! I only hope you read it AFTER I fixed all the typos!

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

VERY cute picture of everyone in their matching shirts! :thumbsup2 Your girls are beautiful!
Thanks!

It was the Disney giddiness/nerves, wasn't it? That is exactly how I sleep the night before every trip too! Just too excited to actually sleep!
Yep!

I laughed out loud at the ordeal getting through security. Getting kids-any age-through is just absurdly nutty. Did you notice at MCO they have "family lines" now for security? MSP has started this too and I LOVE it! Everyone in that line is in the same boat as me, so I don't feel bad with my 8282920 bags and sending the stroller through security, and the shoes and the sippies, etc! :thumbsup2
Yeah, we got to do the family line. Gotta love that!

Score on the 5 way splitter! We have a 2 way and use it all the time. Gotta look for a bigger one now that we have a child...and thankfully a Best Buy is about to open in our tiny little town! :woohoo:
It came in VERY handy.

Dear Great Biscuit -

Your family is beautiful. On the plane and on the way! Can't wait for more...

Mrs. Spratt
Thanks! More to come soon!

Okay.... this is way to freakin' exciting! The GB Clan is ready for an adventure, and in perfect GB-style, they have one before they even get there. Sounds like our clan going from continent to continent with 5 in tow.

Isn't that sweet?? "I'm so excited, Dad!" That's so exactly what you wanted to hear, and you weren't let down! Too. Cool!

Still with you, GB. You're off to a super start.

BTW, just put up a few more updates on ours, filling you all in from our Nashville meet. Come on over and enjoy!

Greetings friends! Six months and four dozen episodes ago, I shared with you a dream to return to that place we all know and love. I am happy to report that this trip was all that I had hoped it would be and more.

Let’s begin by reintroducing the cast shall we?

100_1151.jpg

Yay, glad you are all back home safely...loving the TR already!! What a lovely family :) Love the shirts...may have to bug you for the design templates later :rotfl:

Glad it was a great one!! Can't wait to hear/read the rest of the adventures of the Biscuit Clan! popcorn::

As we were pulling to the gate, Tahli turned from the window, smiled at me and said “I’m so excited!” Me too princess, let’s go have an adventure.

You see, it's things like that that make me tear up a little. And that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Welcome home, GB!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the pictures!! Yes, you have a beautiful family, and your girls are precious. Love all the chaos (I know, it wasn't as fun as it sounded) and the "so excited" line from Tahli. Can't wait for more!!

How adorable are you all?! Pretty darned. :goodvibes

Let’s see, there were cows, horses, cows, sorghum, chickens, more cows, three trains, some cows, a dead armadillo, cows, a creek, more horses, and oh yeah, some cows. In short, there were a lot of cows.
Hmmm. Not far off from Central Florida! :rotfl:

That said, may I make an observation? Little girls need to potty at inopportune times. Whether it’s out in the middle of nowhere, or 2 min before a show is about to begin, they have a knack for poor bladder timing.
::yes:: Big girls, too. ;)

I love this shot - it says so much in a quiet way! :goodvibes

As we were pulling to the gate, Tahli turned from the window, smiled at me and said “I’m so excited!” Me too princess, let’s go have an adventure.
:yay::yay::yay:

Yippee! It's started!

I am just happy that it wasn't your car that set on fire!

Bring on the Disney fun!

Yay, glad you are all back home safely...loving the TR already!! What a lovely family :) Love the shirts...may have to bug you for the design templates later :rotfl:

Glad it was a great one!! Can't wait to hear/read the rest of the adventures of the Biscuit Clan! popcorn::
Thanks! I designed the logo in MS Power Point using the Draw / WordArt tools. I'll send it to you if you like. The logo is the same one in my signature.

You see, it's things like that that make me tear up a little. And that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Welcome home, GB!
That's def what it's all about!

Welcome home! Looks like your trip is off to a good start.
Thanks! It only gets better!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the pictures!! Yes, you have a beautiful family, and your girls are precious. Love all the chaos (I know, it wasn't as fun as it sounded) and the "so excited" line from Tahli. Can't wait for more!!
Thanks AC! It wouldn't be a proper Biscuit journey were it not for a little chaos.

How adorable are you all?! Pretty darned. :goodvibes
Awww, Thanks!

::yes:: Big girls, too. ;)
:lmao:

I love this shot - it says so much in a quiet way! :goodvibes
That one was actually taken by Nana! Which reminds me...I meant to tag the photos with technical mumbo-jumbo. Have to go back and edit.

Yippee! It's started!

I am just happy that it wasn't your car that set on fire!

Bring on the Disney fun!
You and me both!

So glad you're back! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the GB Clan tore up the World! Hopefully none of that nonsense that ensued on your honeymoon happened!

I love your shirts, BTW! What a sweet looking family you have.

So glad you're back! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the GB Clan tore up the World! Hopefully none of that nonsense that ensued on your honeymoon happened!

I love your shirts, BTW! What a sweet looking family you have.
Thanks! Believe me, it was NOTHING like out honeymoon! :woohoo: Going to be posting more soon!

So far so great! I can't wait to hear all about the trip and the Biscuit family adventures I'm sure that you had. :thumbsup2

So far so great! I can't wait to hear all about the trip and the Biscuit family adventures I'm sure that you had. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I was just getting ready to post an update when I saw your post. Hope you guys are doing well out in Cali! (At leat I THINK I remember you guys being in Cali and DH working at Universal....two weeks away from the DIS and your mind goes a little blank!)

EDITED _ Nevermind _ I saw your Avatar Tag - Cali it is. (See I knew I wasn't completely wonky!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter