Biggest Loser 4 Week 2 Challenge #1 is on Page 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
QOTD: Ah ha moment....

No big one. Just feeling uncomfortable in my body. But of course pictures can also point that out in case I'm not feeling it. Actually, I'm just entering a size where I do feel physically comfortable. So fantastic. Now straight vanity is pushing me smaller. Just joking. Sort of. :laughing:

QOTD: I do lots of things for me. So I won't list them in case I seem a little self absorbed. :lmao: Just a tad. :lmao:

Hope everyone is having a nice week.

Lisa

Annette and I are going to see Oprah next week and we just extended our stay to go shopping the day before.Amanda

oh have fun and you must tell us about the show when you return!!!

i forgot to cyber high five our LOSERS this week!! rock on :rockband:

QOTD...

I got myself a new pair of running shoes today. Other than that, I can't remember the last time I did something just for me. I consider my gym time just for me because I get a break and get to zone out to my iPod. I need more music on my iPod.

Challenge:

Totally looking forward to this one. I'm going to have a tough time finding fruits and veggies I haven't tried but I'll do my best. I'm a big fruit and veggie eater, it's a shame I like all the bad stuff too.

I think my hardest thing is going to be water. I've always had a tough time with water drinking.

Today:

Managed to get to the gym. Really really really didn't want to go today. Ran out after my DD was done with school to get new running shoes. They were much better than my old ones, they did rub a little but it was where the shoes needed to be broken in and not on the old blisters. Got home and I was wiped out, DD had a rough night last night and I didn't sleep well.

I'm just glad I made it to the gym. I really didn't want to go but then I really did. If that makes any sense... So 50 minutes more for me today and 2.5 miles. I walked slower since my feet still hurt a little but they are much better.

That's it for me today.

HI:

QOTD: What I am doing for me is exercising.

I feel much better when I exercise and my concentration at work is much better.

The challenge looks very good, i hope to get a lot of points!!

BTW HUGE CONGRATS TO THE WEEK WINNERS FOR LOSING.

Does anyone else get the feeling like they are starving right before their period? Anyone have any ideas of what I could eat that would fill me up without going overboard on the fat and calories?

Yes!! During that time of the month I can get so hungry. Before you eat anything drink a nice large glass of water or other noncalorie beverage. I really like the 100 calories bags of microwave popcorn. There is a lot in there to munch. An apple is good too. Anything with lots of fiber will help fill you up.

Hello everybody!

Today's ups: Bought a couple pomegranates, some yogurt and granola, and fresh stir fry veggies. I have chicken defrosting in the fridge for dinner tomorrow night. Made it to the HC and did 20 minutes on the rec. bike, 25 min. of hills on the TM, and 20 min. on the reg. bike. I am reading The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella because I need a light read in between some heavier book club fare. I was nearly laughing out loud on the bike tonight! It was good to get away from work for awhile. I got a LOT of sleep last night so I was a happy teacher today!

Today's downs: splurged on a cheese quesadilla with sour cream (the real kind, not the fat free kind) before exercising. Threw off my workout. BUMMER! I got pomegranate juice all over DBF's kitchen. Oopsies!! He won't mind, will he?

QOTD: I won't be buying myself anything until the end of the month. If I work out 85% of the days in Jan. then I get a prize. Until then, my checkbook has about $100 in it for the next two weeks... Argh.

Now, I am starting to get to that point where I feel like nothing I do is going to make any difference. HELP! Please tell me that no matter what, if I workout 5-7 days/week it will make a difference and I will become a smaller person... PLEASE!

That's all. Great job to those who are moving along. My heart goes out to those who have had hard days. It sounds like a lot of us are really hard on ourselves. Remember that it takes a lot of effort to turn the years around, and just making the first step is such an accomplishment!

We can ALL do this. We can ALL be successful! I want this for all of us!!

Oh yeah, something cool, too: The Art teacher and I are doing yoga on our lunch breaks 3 days a week for 15 minutes starting tomorrow. How cool is that?! I am going to try to walk a mile at lunchtime on the days she isn't there. Or do yoga those days, too. We'll see! Wish me luck tomorrow!

Questions of the Day

What have you gotten lately that is just for you?

I get a small holiday bonus at work, I took the "net" and bought presents for ME from SANTA. I bought myself a nice comfy blanket for my bed, a pair of jeans (1 size too small) and an mickey mouse that you attach your mp3 player to and he plays the music and dances (too cute).

Today has been a really good day for me so far. I have kept within my calorie range and am getting ready to exercise. I even have enough calories left to have a treat :) .

Good Luck Little Miss Mickey! You can do this and you will be smaller!! It just takes time :goodvibes

I got up this morning and exercised before work :cool1: I'm proud of me! I really want to start exercising in the mornings so that life doesn't intervene in my workout schedule, but I'm REALLY not a morning person. But then again I did work at Starbucks for over a year and actually prefered the 5am -11am shift (only because I was done so early though :thumbsup2 )

I did not do well on my food today though, so I have to work on that.

QOTD- I read this earlier and actually got a bit depressed thinking about it. I rarely buy or do very much just to take care of me. I'm really bad about letting my birthday go by and not getting anything from my husband even. Because we go out of town on my birthday usually and I always say I'm gonna get something while we are traveling and never do. :confused3 Not sure why I don't pamper myself more. SO, tonight after we went out for dinner, I stopped and bought myself a nice calender for my wall at work and a travel guide for Las Vegas because we are going there in March :cool1: I love to research travel - which is what led me here in the first place :woohoo:

Well, I hope everyone has a Wonderful Friday!!

Questions of the Day

What have you gotten lately that is just for you? If we are nice to ourselves then how can we nice to other people

I usually get myself a new game or something for my computer but I usually don't buy stuff for myself that often. Usually just buy the kids things. This last time I got a laptop for x'mas this year and a cover for it. :)

I got up this morning and exercised before work :cool1: I'm proud of me! I really want to start exercising in the mornings so that life doesn't intervene in my workout schedule, but I'm REALLY not a morning person. But then again I did work at Starbucks for over a year and actually preferred the 5am -11am shift (only because I was done so early though :thumbsup2 )

:cool1: I love to research travel - which is what led me here in the first place :woohoo:

Well, I hope everyone has a Wonderful Friday!!

:cheer2: Way to go Foxtiregrrl :thumbsup2 I am bummed. I wanted to get to the gym yesterday and today but life got in the way both days. I couldn't get people to let me be. :mad: They kept needing things that HAD to be done right of way. Grrrrr !!! I would exercise before work but... my job starts at 6:30AM and I am already up at 5:00 I think I would be a zombie if I got up any earlier. :faint:

On a good note I did pretty well in my eating. Yesterday I had cream of wheat for breakfast, a Cliff Bar for snack, veggie sandwich on rye for lunch, and pumpkin soup with caesar salad for dinner. Today it was egg on whole wheat english muffin for breakfast, Luna Bar for snack, left over caesar salad for lunch, and chili made with ground turkey for dinner. Over all I think I did pretty good. :thumbsup2

Oh by the way Foxtiregrrl looks like we share a travel passion. I am addicted and my favorite part is the planning!!!:beach:

QOTD - I had to tighten the purse-strings a little bit, but last September I decided to go back to school. I've been working in the Marketing field for the past 8 years and am now going back to get my degree in Hotel Management.

I'm going part-time at night after a full day's work - it's a tough schedule, but in the longrun it will totally be worth it :cool1:

As for my "victory" today - I went to my favorite pizza place today and had only one slice and a side salad. In the past, I would have been good for two slices and either a few garlic knots or a pepperoni pinwheel.

Have a great day everybody,
Laura

So I never really had an Aha moment. I have overweight probably since pre-school, definitely by kindergarten. I just got sick of not being able to buy clothing. I am 5'9" tall and pants and shirts are always short. I was buying most of my clothing in the men's section because most stores did not have pants in a 34" inseam. I have more options now at size 14 then I had at size 24, and more stores are making more options in longer sizes. I now weigh less then I did for most of Junior high. I went from wearing girls plus sizes to women's size 16 or 18 clothing and was in a size 24 by the time I graduated from High school.

As for what I bought to treat myself, nothing much. I just bought books for my two Master's degree classes that started money. I have also been searching for an acoustic guitar as I want to take lessons. Where I will find the time I do not know. I have wanted to learn how to play for many years. Why I never took up that musical endeavor I do not know as I was in choirs since pre-school and instrument lessons since elementary school. I actually need to sell some of my things as I do not use them anymore and they just occupy space.

Since my exhaustion from whatever is ailing me is setting in it is time to turn the computer off and head to bed. I have been sneezing all week and exhausted, I have come home from work most nights and went straight to bed and then got up for a few more hours and back to bed. No motivation to accomplish much though.

HELP! Please tell me that no matter what, if I workout 5-7 days/week it will make a difference and I will become a smaller person... PLEASE!

Yes exercise will make a big difference .. even more than cutting back on food .. so don't give it a miss. :goodvibes

I am really trying to change my mindset from "If I eat badly today I don't have to bother with exercise" to "Even if I over indulge in food I will still put the effort into exercising.

No clue if these are in season / otherwise available, but I was struggling to come up with 6. Looks like a visit to an ethnic market or two is in order.

Artichoke
Arugula
Asian pear
Atemoya
Beet Greens
Bitter Melon
Blood Oranges
Bok Choy
Boniato
Broccoli Rabe
Buttercup Squash
Cactus Pears
Calabaza
Carambola (Star Fruit)
Cardoon
Celery Root
Chard
Cherimoya
Collard Greens
Crab Apples
Daikon
Dandelion Greens
Dates
Delicata Squash
Durian
Edamame
Elephant Garlic
Endive
Fava Beans
Feijoa
Fennel
Figs
Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli)
Guava
Horned Melon
Japanese Cucumber
Japanese Eggplant
Jicama
Kabocha Squash
Kale
Kohlrabi
Kumquats
Leeks
Long Beans
Loquats
Lotus Root
Lychee
Malanga
Marionberries
Mustard Greens
Nopales (cactus pads)
Papaya
Parsley Root
Parsnip
Passion Fruit
Pawpaw
Persimmons
Plantain
Pomegranates
Pummelo
Quince
Rapini
Rhubarb
Rutabaga
Shallots
Sorrel
Spaghetti Squash
Sunchoke
Tamarillo
Tamarindo
Taro Root
Tomatillo
Turnip
Turnip Greens
Watercress

To any visitors here wondering if it is too late to join

It is NEVER too late to join us!!

I have sent a PM to Mommy2three but to anyone else interested here is what you need to get started with us.

Here are some basic rules. If you would like a WISH buddy to work with and encourage contact PRINCESSVIJA. Please report your weight to me by midnight each Tuesday. PM is best. If email is better for you then use brenda@kbelectric.biz.

Check out page one of this thread for our weekly challenge that starts tomorrow, Friday. Hop on the thread and introduce yourself.

This challenge is to help us develop healthy habits and get closer to our weight loss goals. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Let's all become Big Losers in 2008.

Have a healthy day!

Thank you for the welcome! My name is Sarah, mom to three kids, ages 7,6 and 2 years old. 2 years ago i after i had my dd, i weighed 130- which was my pre pregnancy weight, i was that right after i delievered DD. In the past 2 years i guess i've slowed down alot, and i am now at 180lbs. so i am looking to lose 50 lbs, for myself, my self esteem and confidence, to look better, and for my career goal of a police officer. I am glad to be joining you all in this journey. I just joined the Anytime Fitness club in my area, and am seeing a personal trainer tomorrow there.

Announcing some regrouped buddies...

jakenjacksmom... mackeysmom
mom2minniemouse...mickeynminnie

I have need for one more person if you would like to take on another buddy let me know!

AND PLEASE let me know if your buddy is MIA!
thanks!
Vija
I WILL TAKE ON A BUDDY MY HUBBY BUDDY(CLARK KENT) IS SO BUSY WORKING THESE DAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter