Biggest Loser 4 Week 2 Challenge #1 is on Page 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dandelion greens are in most of your bagged salad mix. I think the Dole Spring Mix or Field greens have the dandelion greens in them.

I've never seen dandelion greens listed on salad mix. Mizuna, sure. And tatsoi. It may be a regional thing, though, because Dole Spring Miz apparently has a variant that includes mustard greens, and a variant that has raddichio and endive. I can get the raddichio/endive one, but have never seen a mustard-green one.

Just checking in one last time before I head to sunny Florida in the morning (at least it better be sunny :) ) I am hoping to make a WW meeting while I'm there and hopefully email my WI weight for the week while I'm gone. Good luck everyone the rest of the week.

QOTD: Fortunately I've been so busy getting ready for my trip there hasn't been time for mindless snacking. And there sure isn't time for mindless snacking in Disney.

Is any one having digestive problems???? This has happened before to me also. When I stop eating junk I stop having BM's? Any one else-- sorry to be so gross.

Oh yeah, that's me! 4 days of clean eating and BAM! (My dad says it's just proof that I'm full of s***!!) I have to take a stool softener or NOTHING happens.

QOTD--I AM going to do it!!! Tonite my kids had cooking school, and the parents are always able to taste what they've made. They made cream of broccoli soup--I had about 1/3 teaspoon and it was GROSS! Didn't bother trying the cream of potato soup. But they also made cheddar biscuits. I LOVE cheddar biscuits! I would have loved to eat 2, or 3, or 10.:lmao: I took a microscopic taste of DDs, and no more (and it was YUMMALICIOUS!!!) Yay me! As far as pursuing a hobby in lieu of mindless snacking, I've been doing ALOT of reading lately. and when my head is in a book, the world ceases to exist. And scrapbooking? I used to be the queen! Haven't done it in at least 2 years. And now my dining room table (AKA scrapbooking table) has been taken over by DS and his LEGOs. Ah, well, maybe someday...

I did well today. Hit the gym this am and ate right all day (even with DSis eating chocolate around me...) Even with a splitting headache. Even with my kids driving me nuts.

I kind of feel like that thing from the postal service..."neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night shall stop us from completing our rounds" or whatever. Well, neither pain, nor kids nor Hershey's chocolate shall stop the members of WISH from achieving their diet and exercise goals. (with apologies to the US Postal Service.:rotfl:

Hi Everyone,
I am looking forward to the weekend off, today is DD's 9th bday:goodvibes We went to Red Lobster for dinner... I LOVE RED LOBSTER!!!!!!! Instead of getting what I normally get like fried shrimp, shripm scampi, loaded baked potatoe, salad and at least 3 biscuits I HAD 1 biscuit, a chicken, apple waldorf salad with only 1/3 of the dressing and 3 bites of DD's chocolate cake this was a HUGE victory for me, being here on WISH holds me accountable, I LOVE IT!!! Thanks everyone

We are having a bday party for DD tomorrow I plan to take a good walk in the am, then have a lot of salad and watch my portions to get thru the rest of the day

have a great weekend everyone

ONWARD AND DOWNWARD

I've had a pretty good day so far food wise... well, my cut off for eating is soon, so I guess its gonna stay that way :thumbsup2

So far I've gone over my water intake for the day.. I drink LOTS anyway so 64 isn't hard for me.

QOTD - I'm gonna have the hardest time with the fruits & veggies thing. I've been trying to expand my horizons for awhile now. I used to be a super picky eater, but I have gotten much better. The problem is finding something that someone hasn't made me try already at least once in my lifetime ;) I've given that challenge to my husband though, so he is going to find some interesting new things for me to eat:scared: He loves to watch that "Bizarre Foods" guy so I'm really :scared1:

I am SO glad it's FRIDAY!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

YAY for me!!!! Guess where DH is taking me for my 40th???? Can you say Hurray for WDW!!!!! :woohoo: We are going the same time frame as DD and I did last year, during F&WF and MNSSHP! I even told DH that we have to dress up and He said YES!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

OMG I am soooo excited! I simply can not wait! Now I am so pumped up to loose the weight. Last time I was physically miserable/uncomfortable. I don't want that at all this time, I am so ready to get this done!:yay: :woohoo:

QOTD
I am putting together scrap books from my past disney trips!! It bought the stuff when i was down there and never sat down to do it!!! I'm having alot of fun!!

Morning all,

Is any one having digestive problems???? This has happened before to me also. When I stop eating junk I stop having BM's? Any one else-- sorry to be so gross.

have a great friday and keep up the good work.

Do you eat alot of Fiber???? That will help you out! I eat Fiber One ceral for breakfast, and they have Fiber One Bars which are Yummy. I also use the weight watchers breads, rolls,english muffins. They are a good source of fiber. hope this helps!!

Announcing two more sets of buddies
momm2three... BigMama
goldengourd.... mudnuri

Hope everyone is having a great time with their buddy!

YAY for me!!!! Guess where DH is taking me for my 40th???? Can you say Hurray for WDW!!!!! :woohoo: We are going the same time frame as DD and I did last year, during F&WF and MNSSHP! I even told DH that we have to dress up and He said YES!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

OMG I am soooo excited! I simply can not wait! Now I am so pumped up to loose the weight. Last time I was physically miserable/uncomfortable. I don't want that at all this time, I am so ready to get this done!:yay: :woohoo:

I am so excited for you!!! What a great gift!!! I am so glad he will spoil you and treat you like a Queen! No about those costumes....whatcha going to wear!!! Pinnochio and the Blue Fairy....Pain and Panic...deffinatley not Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum cause your going to fit and fabulous!!!;)

QOTD: Drinking the water I do not like water but I am trying really really hard.

Hey Buddy (and anybody else who has a hard time getting water down),

I drink 100 oz. of water each day and have done so for years. I've always found that it is much easier to drink room temperature water than it is to drink cold water.

I hope that helps ;)

-- Laura

QOTD:

The two things that are going to be the hardest for me is drinking water, because I've never been that fond of it. Being that I didn't end up reading the challenge until late last night I didn't really get much in today because I hate the way our tap water tastes but I did go and get a couple of 3 qt. jugs at Wal-Mart, that'll get me through until Monday.

The other hard thing for me is fruits and veggies, not because I don't like them, actually because the opposite, I love them both and have tried so many that it's hard to find something new and exciting. :)

I was back in the gym today. I swear if I was a weaker person I'd be in my bed hiding. I was telling my buddy that the gods are against my attempts at being healthy. :confused3 I now have 4 blisters on my heels, from my old shoes, and now from my new ones. Today I did my usual deep water class and then I ran in the pool and got a mile in in the pool. :thumbsup2 Great right? Well, somehow on the bottom of the pool, I managed to get a small cut in each of my big toes and while I was running apparently the seam in the side of my new swimsuit rubbed so hard against the inside of my upper arm, just below the arm pit, bad enough to cause painful hot spots, I guess I should be glad that I don't have blisters there from the friction. :rotfl:

I'm not giving up. I will find a suit that doesn't rub my arm pits and I'll just have to find water shoes for in the pool so I don't split open my toes again. Man, it's a good thing I don't want to be fat anymore... And thanks to my buddy, I've got chaffing lotion, I picked it up at Wal-mart and it makes the hot spots feel much better. :cloud9:

Tomorrow I don't know what I'm going to be able to do in regards for the gym. My husband went back to work a little before 10 pm tonight. The world is on fire over there so who knows when we'll see him. The last time the world was on fire he ended up spending two days at work. I guess we'll be playing it by ear around here.

I am going to get to our local NBC station's Health and Fitness Expo. Right now we're planning on Sunday since DH won't be able to go tomorrow.

I'm going to head to bed and cuddle up with my small person. At least for part of the night I'll have enough room to sleep with one less person in the bed. I like the small person better, she doesn't snore as loud. ;)

There were slim pickings at the store today, so what I ended up with was:

Turnip greens - These were not bad, but I strongly prefer spinach. I ate a good 1/4 cup and called it a serving, but did not save leftovers for tomorrow.

Collard greens - Ick. I think they needed to be cooked more to death, because they taste like cardboard. One bite was enough.

Rutabaga - Like a potato, but a bit sweeter. Yummy with salt, pepper, and a little butter or ranch. Eaten all up. Probably not one I'd purchase again, because I'd rather use my carbs on something I like better, but if I were offered it while out, I'd happily accept.

Tomatillo - This is the one I was most nervous about, and it was delicious! Eaten all up. I'll definitely make tomatillo salsa over the summer when the prices go down.

Papaya - Eh. I don't like most melons, and papaya reminds me too much of a canteloupe in flavor. Over-sweet and perfumey, with no real flavor of its own. One bite was enough.

Quince - Another delicious. I didn't remember when I bought it if it was quinces I'd had before, or guava - it was guava. Pain in the neck to peel and core, but I've just left it in a pot of water on the stove, and it gets yummier every time I have a piece. Way too expensive to make a regular part of my diet, but if money were no object, I'd make quince paste.

Broccoli/Clover/Mustard Sprouts - Purchased because I wasn't sure the quince was going to count. I've had broccoli, clover flowers, and pickled mustard greens before, so I'm not sure this counts, but I've never had sprouts of any of them. I'll eat it tomorrow in a wrap with the leftover pork tenderloin from dinner tonight, and call the challenge met.

Oh, and super-picky DD4, who never eats *anything* new, tried two bites of everything but the collard greens. Two teeny tiny bites, but bites nonetheless. And she professed to like all of them, then politely declined any further bites.

Good morning. I hope everyone has a great Sat. Here in Jersey it is supposed to be a nice day but we are expecting snow tomorrow night..

INstead of a question of the day I would like to give you guys an inspirational quote from Wendy (whgrn)

Neither pain, nor kids nor Hershey's chocolate shall stop the members of WISH from achieving their diet and exercise goals.

I love the quote and maybe it should be our motto.

Think about all the WISH people who are right now getting ready to finish their half marathon. I think the start time was 6:20 so they are on their way. Also tomorrow morning send out good thought to the marathoners (I know we have at least 1 Cam)

I don't know what today is going to bring. I do need to get to the grocery store because with the snow coming tomorrow they will be crazy. Tomorrow I will be working on costumes for ds2's school play Beauty and the Beast. WE are working on Beast's coat for the dance scene in the second act. The jacket must sparkle so the costume guy was going to cut it out this week and we (the sweatshop moms) are going to cover it with sequeins.

Off to get some things done around here. I think it is going to be a lazy day. We have nothing planned and dss and dh are still sleeping.

I got my water in me yesterday (I agree it is easier to drink room temp water) and have eaten a good breakfast yesterday and today. Keep up the hard work everyone. I will check in later.

To get my water I put 5 bottles in the fridge at work and make sure I get them down. Drinking in the car is easy for me. So one on the way to work and one onthe way home.

I am trying a new exercise class this morning, group power- so wish me luck. My friend joined a new gym so she has a guest pass. I am too cheap to join a gym, I can use the base facilites for free. They don't have any classes on week ends so this will be nice.

scale did not move again:confused3

Have a great Saturday.

I was soo tempted to have a Egg McMuffin after dropping DH off at work this morning. Upon reminding myself that I had a challenge to meet, I thought I'd just get a diet coke in lieu of my coffee at home (lower calories versus the sugar and milk at least). Well, knowing full well that the temptation not to order the sandwich would be too hard once I was in that drive thru line, I sped myself over into the opposite lane and kept driving. It was a tough one, but I did it! I though the no fast food would be fairly easy, but I forgot about the 7am drop off with McDonalds right in my path. :eek:

Happy Birthday to pixie dust 112 - Mary Lou.

Have a great day but make sure it's also a Healthy day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter