Big Thunder Mountain ?

tuck

UNIVERSAL/DISNEY/BUSCH PASSHOLDER
Has Disney closed the 3 other Big thunder mts. at WDW, disneyland Pairis and Tokyo.... to look into what happen....I haven't heard anything anyone heard anything on this..?

Tokyo's has closed. WDW's is closed anyway due to rehab. Haven't hear of DLP's, but I doubt they would close it there because their ride is original, i.e. different track and probably different trains.

I havent heard anything about that. DId they close Tokyo's because it has the same track layout and safety system?

The Tokyo Parks, which are actually operated by the Oriental Land Corporation in cooperation with Disney, choose to close their BTMRR until DL was certain of the cause. DLP did not choose to close theirs (possibly because it is a different track configuration, and WDW's BTMRR is down for rehab until Nov 20th.

I don't know if Tokyo's is the same track configuration, or not. But considering when it was built, I would think it is at least pretty close to the ones in DL and WDW.

I am sure by the end of next week there will be some information available, so we can stop all of this speculation.

Just guessing but how long do you think Big Thunder will be closed after the accident? months or years?
how long was Roger Rabbit closed after the accident? it seemed like a long time.

Doesn't the one in Paris go backwards?

I seem to remember watching something on TV talking about the reimaginering that had to take place when they started riding backwards.

Originally posted by kdonnel
Doesn't the one in Paris go backwards?

I seem to remember watching something on TV talking about the reimaginering that had to take place when they started riding backwards.

You are confusing Big Thunder Mountain with Indiana Jones et le Temple de Peril.

I think that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for as long as it takes to determine what happened, and get it fixed. Also, if it stays closed a bit longer, there is more time for the publics' perception of it to improve. Now, as far as the BTMRR in Tokyo, I think it will reopen once engineering and the inspectors determine that there is nothing wrong with it, and as for the one in WDW, it is not scheduled to reopen until November 20th from its major rehab anyway, and hopefully, by then, they will all be fully operational.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter