Beluga whale encounter at Sea World

kaed77

Earning My Ears
Any info anyone can give me on Beluga encounter at Sea World would be great!!

I did the Beluga & Walrus encounter in 2018 when it was a combined encounter. For the beluga portion, we headed backstage to the indoor part of the beluga exhibit. Each person took a turn kneeling at the edge of the pool with a trainer, asked the beluga to do a behavior or two, then tossed him a fish. When it wasn't your turn, another trainer answered questions while you watched other participants.

We also met an adult walrus in the backstage area and fed him a fish, and got to see the baby walrus in an indoor space. I don't know if they do longer or more with the belugas, now that those are separate tours. I thought our encounter was well done and worthwhile.

I did the beluga tour a couple of months ago. During the tour people got to give the beluga touches, take photos with him, ask for behaviors, and usually get to feed them

I did the beluga tour a couple of months ago. During the tour people got to give the beluga touches, take photos with him, ask for behaviors, and usually get to feed them
Do they take your picture or do you take your own ?

Do they take your picture or do you take your own ?

All of the photos are taken by the SW photographers, and cell phones are left outside of the habitat for safety reasons. Since you are literally leaning over to touch and interact with the whales, it would be super easy for your phone to go swimming! Plus, it would take away a lot from the whole experience.......its a fantastic hands-on tour (one of our favourites at SW).

Last edited:
I don't know if they do longer or more with the belugas, now that those are separate tours. I thought our encounter was well done and worthwhile.
Was wondering the same thing. older version such a worthwhile tour, loved seeing baby walruses

for those of us with bad knees, there is alot of kneeling time on concrete with the beluga. Suggest to wear long pants too.

I was coming to say my beluga tour for this week was cancelled as well. They rebooked us on a walrus tour but we are a little bummed

I was coming to say my beluga tour for this week was cancelled as well. They rebooked us on a walrus tour but we are a little bummed

There is currently no availability to book a beluga tour until November. Ours was canceled back in April as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter