Are they still seating only 1 family/party per table?

Not at all, but many with invisible disabilities are for whatever reason, unfortunately, ashamed to admit to having them - your post sounded like you worried I might be one of those people. So your post sounded like you were concerned for me - not like you thought I should be in any way ashamed.

Forgive me if my post made it sound like I thought anyone should, in any way at all, feel ashamed or bad about having any type of disability, condition, or disease. I was attempting (poorly) to simply say that I thought you should say whatever makes YOU the most comfortable.

Not at all, but many with invisible disabilities are for whatever reason, unfortunately, ashamed to admit to having them - your post sounded like you worried I might be one of those people. So your post sounded like you were concerned for me - not like you thought I should be in any way ashamed.
Whew! Okay good! Thank you for easing my mind! :)

Hello all, heading out on the Disney Magic on 4/25. Very excited. First time on the Magic, and out of Miami. So yippee! :)

I did put in a request for private dining (party of 2) on the website but also called guest services (52m wait time, not too bad). As with others who have posted before, I was informed it was a preference but not a guarantee. We'll see . . .

- Jim

I put in my request for Alaska in early June and received the same general note as everyone else, but I also received this in the e-mail:
"At this time, we have not gotten the official word for the ships if shared tables will be re-introduced into the main dining rooms."

So not sure if someone else said that earlier or not but if they did, I missed it.

I put in my request for Alaska in early June and received the same general note as everyone else, but I also received this in the e-mail:
"At this time, we have not gotten the official word for the ships if shared tables will be re-introduced into the main dining rooms."

So not sure if someone else said that earlier or not but if they did, I missed it.
That wasn't on the response that I received on the 12th from Disney. I just received the standard, a request has been put in for a private table, but can't be guaranteed.

Psy

That wasn't on the response that I received on the 12th from Disney. I just received the standard, a request has been put in for a private table, but can't be guaranteed.

Psy

The setup might be different for the Alaska sailings because of whatever rules the Canadian government puts in place for sailings out of Vancouver.

any update on seating for recent cruises?

We just got off the Dream and it looked like parties were still being separated, but no distancing between occupied tables. At least, we were seated at a table for 6 by ourselves. The ship had around 2,900 passengers. I’d guess that if they get above 3,000 passengers, they’ll have to share tables. We had the second seating, so I have no idea how the first seating was done.

We’re on the Fantasy now and it’s still separated seating as far as I could see in EG at dinner on this first night a few hours ago. My husband and I were seated together and to the left of us another couple with a family of 4 to the right. All separate families per table everywhere I could see.

Also at GS I was told the ship was booked for around 2800 and that’s before any Covid turn-aways or no-shows/last minute cancellations. We waitlisted for a sea day Palo brunch and had a notification in the app before dinner (second seating) that we had a slot for tomorrow and my husband was even able to change it to a later slot.

Technically yes. But the dining rooms are not designed spcae-wise for there to be 100% separate party tables with lots of space between them, so in many cases, 8-tops are separated into "90A" and "90B" for example, but there are only 2-3 inches between the tables. They are still separate though.

We were on the fantasy April 23rd. We were a group of 6. Mid way through the cruise our table changed. It was a oval 6-8 top table. Our server told us that dcl was purchasing some new larger tables, which are narrow and oval so that they have more 4 top tables to split up. She said everyone is asking for private tables so getting the new thinner, oval tables for big groups will help with spacing. She said they are addressing this issue and trying to accommodate all the request. As mentioned this is the Fantasy, don’t know about the other ships. We had a server who was a previous server, and also a dcl veteran, so did believer her.

When I spoke to DCL they said that right now they can take requests for max party of 10 at any one table. They could combine staterooms for dining purposes if requested but they were not yet putting "strangers" together at a larger table.

Just off the Fantasy… still seated with just your party by the looks of it. And capacity was around 60% according to the crew.

Just off the Fantasy… still seated with just your party by the looks of it. And capacity was around 60% according to the crew.
This is correct for this week’s cruise as well. I’m on board now. It was in the 60-something % booked before any Covid positives and last minute cancellations.

I will note one thing off topic I’ve noticed on this cruise and I’m a platinum cruiser that’s been on all ships, but it’s been a few years for various reasons since I’ve been on board - it’s hotter than normal in areas of the ship and it’s strange to me. I’m going to end up asking GS about it. I just think it’s a bit off from the usual and don’t know if something is going on or what.

Oh, also, people were working on the aqua duck when we boarded yesterday but it’s been running since although I’ve not been out to look today. Just fyi. I have a ton of health issues that are acting up unfortunately but I’m trying to make the best of it so far! If anyone has any questions I’ll try to come back when I can and answer. Also I’m married to a CM that helps supply the ships, WDW, and CC with food and other products (not that I have/can give insider info on that lol).

Anyway I’ll do my best to answer any questions if anyone has any. 😊

I’m fresh off the Fantasy too. On our first night, we were directed to a table that already had people sitting at it. I was super concerned we were the first sailing to go back to the way it was.

The servers asked if we knew the people at the table, we said no, we didn’t, and they found us a different table. As of right now, you won’t be seated with strangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter