AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

Got my refund 2 days ago, it’s a lot more than I thought it would be. I bridged a 4 day park hopper with MaxPass to a flex pass with max pass on our last day. I bought my AP 4 days before the park closed. Shortest.annual.pass.ever. $758 refund
So you got $59 back more than you paid since a flex pass with maxpass is only $699, is that correct?

For those of you that had more than one pass and got the refund combined for both passes, did you get a separate email for each pass, or just one email? I don't want to call Disney just yet...

I only received one email for 6 passes however each one went through as a separate refund on my card.

So you got $59 back more than you paid since a flex pass with maxpass is only $699, is that correct?

I only received one email for 6 passes however each one went through as a separate refund on my card.

4 days before the park closed a Flex pass cost $649 and annual Maxpass add-on cost $125 for a total of $774. Your $699 pricing was before the 2020 price increases. But the poster practically got a free trip to Disneyland after all that since they started out visiting 4 days.

Received refunds for our paid in full 4 Flex Passes purchased Nov 2019 with Max Pass. It appears we did get refunded for the pro-rated Max Pass portion as well (wasn't sure how that was going to be handled). We had used them for 5 days in Nov 2019. Ended up costing $180 for those 5 days with Max Pass instead of the $370 equivalent for 5 day hopper with Max Pass. So we ended up saving a little but would have preferred they just delayed our passes until they re-open. Maybe being legacy passholders will come with some nice little perks.

Called the AP line today and was told that our Signature Plus passes that expired in June hadn't been processed yet for the refund. As PPs have said, there was no additional info on timing, etc. She also claimed that my email had been rejected, which is why I hadn't received any info. Um.. used this for years and I'm getting email from other Disney branches so not sure what was going on. Hopefully rectified. We'll see!

4 days before the park closed a Flex pass cost $649 and annual Maxpass add-on cost $125 for a total of $774. Your $699 pricing was before the 2020 price increases. But the poster practically got a free trip to Disneyland after all that since they started out visiting 4 days.

Ahh! Thank you for the information, I figured I had to be missing something.

So I got a refund back but not sure for what pass. We have 2 flex passes and one sig+. I am thinking it is refund for both flex passes. I got $407 back. AP were purchased in Oct with 2 day hopper upgrade. If I am calculating right it sounds right but I can also be totally calculating wrong.

I did call but they were not sure what AP it was for yet. They did say I would get two credits one for the contract DH and DD are on with the flex pass and one for mine which is another contract.

ETA: I have not received any emails about it and probably will not since I never get any Disney emails.

I paid for my pass with gift cards. Called and was told I would receive refund by mail with a check. Has anyone received a check yet?

I called this morning and was told my refund was issued on 1/19, back to 3 gift cards and my visa card. Um, NO it most certainly was not. She just kept telling me the same thing. While on the phone, I looked up all 3 gift cards and my visa. No refund. She puts me on hold for about 15 minutes only to come back and say, no the refund wasn't issued and we have no idea when you will get the refund. Ugh, it's 3600! So much money

I paid for my pass with gift cards. Called and was told I would receive refund by mail with a check. Has anyone received a check yet?

So strange. I can't figure out who is getting checks and who is not. I would prefer a check to be honest, but I was told refund to my gift cards which is fine if they would just do it.

So strange. I can't figure out who is getting checks and who is not. I would prefer a check to be honest, but I was told refund to my gift cards which is fine if they would just do it.
I also paid for my Deluxe AP with Disney Gift Cards.
I was told they would issue a check for the refund.

Once my gift cards reach $000 I don't keep them.
I sure hope Disney issues a check for mine.
I have no way to know the GC codes for the card that was used way back in Oct 2019

This is typical Disney CS, aways getting different info depending on who you talk to 😢

I was told they would issue a check for the refund.

Once my gift cards reach $000 I don't keep them.
I sure hope Disney issues a check for mine.
I have no way to know the GC codes for the card that was used way back in Oct 2019

Yeah me to. I no longer have the GCs so it would be a mess if they refunded that way

Not sure what the overall status of refunds is, but for what it’s worth, I just received my AP refund to the CC I used to pay for them originally.

Had 4 passes that were paid in full and expired in January 2021. I never called since I was opting for the automatic extension, and I also never called about a refund once passes were canceled.

I was expecting to wait a long time for a refund so it was a welcome surprise.

Not sure what the overall status of refunds is, but for what it’s worth, I just received my AP refund to the CC I used to pay for them originally.

Had 4 passes that were paid in full and expired in January 2021. I never called since I was opting for the automatic extension, and I also never called about a refund once passes were canceled.

I was expecting to wait a long time for a refund so it was a welcome surprise.

There is no rhyme or reason to the refund distributions from Disney. My and my husband's signature plus passes expired 10 or 11 days after the parks closed so late March 2020. I did not request a refund but now that they are refunding all I suppose I will receive between $30-$40 for each. Have not received that refund yet.

Younger DS signature pass with Maxpass expired 8/6/2020. He did request the refund option back in June. His refund showed up on his credit card in December. No communication but the money showed up so we were happy to see that refunds actually do happen. :-)

Older DS flex pass expired 11/26/2020. He requested the refund option back in June earlier in the month than his brother. Admittedly, his pass expired on a later date than his brother's. No refund has yet shown up.

In-laws flex passes expired 11/26/2020, the same day as older DS's. Mother-in-law requested refund option back in May. One credit showed up on her credit card in December sometime before younger DS got his refund for his pass that expired earlier. Mother-in-law was convinced that was the full refund for both passes. Based on reports here on this board though about each pass being credited back individually and the amount of the refund I would expect them to get for each pass, I believe it was a refund for only one of the passes. I had her check her credit card records again, but so far that is the only refund that has shown up. She has received no e-mails from Disney.

So to sum up, with six passes total, 3 different pass types, 3 different expiration dates, 4 requests for refunds and 2 let-em-rides, all 6 passes expired now for at least 2 to 10 months, we have received a total of 2 refunds.

I was told they would issue a check for the refund...
To throw another option into the ring: My pass was paid for with gift cards and was refunded back to the cc I have on file. I never called to request this since we wanted the default extension. I was expecting a check, but am glad that things worked out in the end.

I called today and was told I’m getting a refund but that is was still pending. Ok fine, at least I know I’m getting one but the thing that cracked me up was at the end of the call, the CM says Thank you for being an annual passholder..,.um yeah well we aren’t anymore, though are we.

I called today and was told I’m getting a refund but that is was still pending. Ok fine, at least I know I’m getting one but the thing that cracked me up was at the end of the call, the CM says Thank you for being an annual passholder..,.um yeah well we aren’t anymore, though are we.
That's funny. Some reflexes are hard to fix, especially in customer service you get used to stock phrases. That poor CM now has to reprogram their brain into whatever the next Disney marketing scheme is, and in the meantime doesn't have any other closing.

I looked and couldn't find a thread on expired AP Partial Refunds...
I would like to have information posted here to help those waiting for their Partial Refund.

If your AP has expired and you have received a refund, please share your experience.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....)
When did your AP expire?
When did Disney process your refund?
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed?

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card?
A check mailed to your home?

Thanks
Geemo
I FINALLY get to reply to my own thread! 555034

Deluxe AP With MaxPass expired October 29th
I asked for the refund option when Disney first offered it.
I have received no emails from Disney with updates.

I upgraded a 3-Day Hopper with MaxPass using Disney Gift Cards.

Today I received a check for $586.18
This is what the outside looked like

We got our checks yesterday. We upgraded 3-day hoppers to Flex Pass using Disney Gift Cards in November 2019. We never requested a refund. Our refunds were $479.31. We got an additional 3-day trip in before the closure and my son and I took a separate 2-day trip, so we got 6 park days (for my daughter and husband) and 8 park days (for my son and me) for $220 each so I can't feel too bad (although I'd obviously much rather still have the pass)

However, there is a slight hiccup in that they issued the checks for the kids passes made out to the kids and my bank wouldn't let me mobile deposit them endorsed over to me, so I'll need to figure out how to get them cashed -- my son has his own bank account but my daughter doesn't.

We received our refund as a credit to our credit card, which was used to purchase the passes. The amount was prorated from the beginning of the Disneyland closure to the expiration of our passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter