AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

Geemo

DIS Veteran
I looked and couldn't find a thread on expired AP Partial Refunds...
I would like to have information posted here to help those waiting for their Partial Refund.

If your AP has expired and you have received a refund, please share your experience.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....)
When did your AP expire?
When did Disney process your refund?
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed?

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card?
A check mailed to your home?

Thanks
Geemo

There is some information (because we can only post what DISers share) in the Official Reopening Superthread and in the Speculation Superthread. The information is pretty recent, so it can be found on the last few pages. So far, it looks like three AP levels have received refunds: Premier APs have received refunds for the WDW part of their passes and are still waiting on the DLR portion; Flex Pass APs have started receiving refunds (Disney is reported to be processing expirations through 10/31/20); and we have one report of a Signature AP receiving a refund. Those who paid with credit cards have said that they received refunds back on the credit card used to pay for the pass. No notice was sent beforehand, but some APs have received emails afterward. I posted a copy of that email in the Official Reopening Superthread (see page 1) and in the Speculation Superthread. No one has posted yet about receiving a check. WDW APs who paid with gift cards posted that they were told they would receive a check, but said that Disney told them that the process could take a while.

Flex AP refund requested on 6/4
Fully paid via credit card

No notice or refund yet but will update as things develop.

Paid in full Flex w/Maxpass - paid with a 5day PH upgrade + $75 gc + Credit Card for balance. (so 3 payment methods - thought that would be a mess lol)

Pass expired August 15th, refunded $309 last week to my CC. Got the email 2 days after it was already pending on my CC and it cleared the day after the email. (If this is helpful)

Anyone with a Deluxe Pass that has expired received a partial refund or any information as to when? Our passes expired in the beginning of October, and we have not heard a peep from Disney.

SO I answered in the other thread but I will answer here as well for anyone who is searching threads.
I had a signature pass with MaxPass; I had upgraded from a 5 day hopper with maxpass and paid in full with a CC in the app. My pass should have expired the first week of August and I called in and requested the refund option in the last week of July. I received my refund (approx $3.50/day of closure) on November 6. No notice was given to me.

SO I answered in the other thread but I will answer here as well for anyone who is searching threads.
I had a signature pass with MaxPass; I had upgraded from a 5 day hopper with maxpass and paid in full with a CC in the app. My pass should have expired the first week of August and I called in and requested the refund option in the last week of July. I received my refund (approx $3.50/day of closure) on November 6. No notice was given to me.

My son had a signature AP with MaxPass purchased directly through the Disney website. He called in and requested the refund option in late June or early July. Pass expired August 6. We have heard nothing so far and received no refund.

From the Speculation Superthread:

StarlitNight05 said:
I asked this in the flex pass thread, but thought I'd try here too:

Has anyone called to get a cancellation/refund on their AP after the expiration date? My parents just tried doing this, and the CM told them they were locked into the extension since their passes were expired (expired Oct 29th). I encouraged my Mom to call back since different CMs can give you different results, but not sure if they are actually out of luck. They had paid in full for their flex passes and never called in about an extension or refund before today (but I know the extension is the default for paid in full).
Just wanted to provide an update for anyone in the same boat re: expired APs and refunds. My parents called back about their APs and were granted a refund. The last CM they spoke to said it wasn't an option anymore, but yesterday's CM approved it no problem. Just goes to show you (as many of us know) to call back again to see if you get a different result.

When I called a week ago I was told they were processing passes with expiration dates up to 10/31. Our Flex passes expired on 11/11 and they thought there was a chance it could be refunded by the end of the month but no promises.

Deluxe with Maxpass expired 9/19 (2 passes) and no refund yet. Anyone know when the next batch of refunds is?

Premier APs, does anyone have a refund check to report?

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/11/disney-premier-pass-refunds-ba1/

From the Speculation Superthread regarding the above ITM article:

I don't think that article is right. I received refunds for my Mom and I related to our Premier Passes. We chose the extension. I believe the checks that we received are for the non-availability of the water parks. I had seen that I would get a refund for that portion. The $ amount would make sense for the water park portion on the passes. And my pass still shows active in the WDW app and has now been extended into February.

I got a check for $45.09 this past week. It’s for the water parks portion of the pass. I requested the extension on mine and I’ve had my first rolling expiration date update on the wdw app since I was within 30 days of my updated expiration after the original opening plus 30 days.
Deluxe with Maxpass expired 9/19 (2 passes) and no refund yet. Anyone know when the next batch of refunds is?
Good to hear that refunds are definitely rolling out bit by bit. I don't know that they are being done in batches. It seems they are just being dealt with slowly -- after all, there are a ton to go through and probably fewer CMs now after all the layoffs. Haven't yet seen anyone post about receiving a Deluxe pass refund.

I got a check for $45.09 this past week. It’s for the water parks portion of the pass. I requested the extension on mine and I’ve had my first rolling expiration date update on the wdw app since I was within 30 days of my updated expiration after the original opening plus 30 days.

I got a check for $64 last week which I'm sure is just for the water parks since I opted for extension. But I was wondering if you can explain the rolling expiration date you mentioned? Did you already reach your pre-covid expiration date for Disneyland and now within the month for WDW expiration so they extended it for WDW? I got the email from passholders explaining what they're doing but I wasn't completely sure if I understood it correctly. My Disneyland is set to expire end of January and am I suppose to assume that won't change until Disneyland opens, but if Disneyland doesn't open by July when my WDW expires then my WDW will get extended monthly? Are they going to match the end date for all the parks or is California parks separated from WDW at this point?

I got a check for $64 last week which I'm sure is just for the water parks since I opted for extension. But I was wondering if you can explain the rolling expiration date you mentioned? Did you already reach your pre-covid expiration date for Disneyland and now within the month for WDW expiration so they extended it for WDW? I got the email from passholders explaining what they're doing but I wasn't completely sure if I understood it correctly. My Disneyland is set to expire end of January and am I suppose to assume that won't change until Disneyland opens, but if Disneyland doesn't open by July when my WDW expires then my WDW will get extended monthly? Are they going to match the end date for all the parks or is California parks separated from WDW at this point?
Sorta. I have a premier pass, it sounds like you have 2 separate passes from your wording of having different expiration dates. My expiration date after the 2 originally extensions (days Disneyland was “closed” with original 7/17 reopen and the 30 day add on) was 12/24. Sometime in late November they added on 45 days to bring it to 2/7 and it will continue to do that until Disneyland has a true reopening date. In the end the premier pass should have one matching expiration date where you will get all of the time your pass originally had left on it when Disneyland originally closed for both resorts. It’s unclear if they will add in the 30 days when they calculate the true end date but I’m guessing they will.

Sorta. I have a premier pass, it sounds like you have 2 separate passes from your wording of having different expiration dates. My expiration date after the 2 originally extensions (days Disneyland was “closed” with original 7/17 reopen and the 30 day add on) was 12/24. Sometime in late November they added on 45 days to bring it to 2/7 and it will continue to do that until Disneyland has a true reopening date. In the end the premier pass should have one matching expiration date where you will get all of the time your pass originally had left on it when Disneyland originally closed for both resorts. It’s unclear if they will add in the 30 days when they calculate the true end date but I’m guessing they will.

I have the premier pass as well which was why I was a bit confused. My pre-covid expiration date is 1/29/21 which I guess was far up ahead so Disneyland side never changed it. When WDW opened they gave me for the time closed plus extra month as they promised pushing my expiration date to 7/2/21. So now I'm curious is if they will stay separated or will match up eventually when Disneyland opens, which would be amazing because it means I'll get a whole lot of extra months for WDW. But it sounds too good to be true? Then again what you described sounds like they are extending your WDW indefinitely until Disneyland opens so here's to hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter