AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

2:48 minutes and counting on todays call... still waiting for a castmember!

My Signature pass with maxpass was purchased at the park 2/28/2020.
Paid in full with a $1000.00 gift card, the balance of $324.00 on a debit card.
Went in the parks a total of three days before shutdown in March.
I finally received a "Your refund has been processed" email last week on Thursday 5/13/2021.
Today a check came in the amount of $400.00??? So far NO credit has posted to our bank account. How did they come up with $400.00 for the refund?

This has been mentioned in a few Facebook groups. People reported after getting through to a CM that they are being told the $400 checks are a glitch. I would still contact, but Disney sent out a ton of $400 checks by mistake based on those reporting about it :confused3

Still nothing on DH’s AP refund, which I “escalated” and filled out the form via the Chat on 4/10/21. I am really getting frustrated.

Still nothing on DH’s AP refund, which I “escalated” and filled out the form via the Chat on 4/10/21. I am really getting frustrated.
Gave up trying to talk to a cast member last night after being on hold over 3 hours... trying again this morning. This is so frustrating!!

I waited for another 24 hours for the chat to engage yesterday, and asked why I had not heard anything after I escalated my DH’s pass non-refund via that same chat feature on 4/10/21. I filled out the escalation form twice back then. Crickets. The person on the chat yesterday said, wait for it, I needed to fill out this form!! I told them I had filled it out twice, over a month ago. “Sorry we can’t see that once you fill it out, it disappears.” What?? So I filled it out again. I also contacted my CC company per Disney’s instruction, and they said no such refund was ever sent to my CC on 2/24/21 as Disney claims. So now I’ve filled out the magic “escalation form” for the third time. And they said again, there is no time frame for a resolution. Literally mind blowing. I am on the verge of filing a claim with the BBB since that has resulted in a response from another company (the cell phone service vendors in Costco) who was ignoring reasonable requests that they just do what they promised.

Has anyone else who is waiting on refunds heard anything recently?

Ok I feel like I am beating my head against the same wall, so here I go... I emailed Disney, as someone here suggested. It took 8 days for them to respond that refunds could not be handled via email, and I would need to call. REALLY? I called the Tickets number that they provided in the email. It put me in an endless "press 1 for ..." that circled back to the main menu, no matter what choice I picked. I then called the AP line, and have now been on hold for 1 hour and 40 minutes. They close in 22 minutes. I do not have any faith that 1) they will actually answer, or 2) the CM will do anything other than email me the "escalation form" to fill out that I filled out via the chat 6 weeks ago and again 2 weeks ago almost.

Has anyone had a CM actually resolve their refund escalation over the phone? @JnJwen, did you ever get a resolution??

It is inexcusable for Disney to make people wait this long for refunds, refuse to actually escalate problems in a timely manner, and then expect people to wait on hold for hours to get likely no resolution anyway. I am just beyond frustrated. I looked at their BBB complaints, and basically the are almost all unanswered by Disney.

Over two hours on hold and CM said, "I see the escalation and nothing has been done because we have a lot of these and they just can't get to them this quickly; wait a few more months and then see if you get a check. No need to keep calling or using the chat because we won't be able to do anything or tell you anything more. You will just hopefully get a check at some point."

I mentioned that I was disappointed that I can buy tickets or make a hotel reservation or buy merch, and they manage to charge my card instantly, but they have not managed to refund my DH's AP after all of these months. He said that those are different departments and there are only so many CMs in the "refund problems" department. I picture one person sitting in their basement trying to figure out all the refunds that have been escalated. Meanwhile, if I am spending money with them, they will have someone with me straight away to take my payment.

They did make my DH get on the phone and verify his name, DOB, address and say it was ok for the CM to talk to me about his pass. So they will not talk to you unless it is your pass or the person is able to get on the call with the CM live.

Thank you all for allowing the vent, and I hope others who are waiting on refunds have had better luck than I have had.

This has been mentioned in a few Facebook groups. People reported after getting through to a CM that they are being told the $400 checks are a glitch. I would still contact, but Disney sent out a ton of $400 checks by mistake based on those reporting about it :confused3

That's interesting to hear. I got a $400 check, which was less than my husband and son's refunds (all purchased by me, at the same time). Mine also took about 7 weeks longer than theirs to receive. I called (on the phone for 4 hr 16 min) and they said they would escalate it for me, with no time frame for resolution.

One thing I noticed on the check stub is that the P/O Number on my husband and son's refunds was their AP number but on mine, 2 of the digits had been input incorrectly.

That's interesting to hear. I got a $400 check, which was less than my husband and son's refunds (all purchased by me, at the same time). Mine also took about 7 weeks longer than theirs to receive. I called (on the phone for 4 hr 16 min) and they said they would escalate it for me, with no time frame for resolution.

One thing I noticed on the check stub is that the P/O Number on my husband and son's refunds was their AP number but on mine, 2 of the digits had been input incorrectly.

Yeah, it was pretty rampant in some Facebook groups reports of this. The $400 number itself would be a red flag to me something wasn't right. It's too even a number for a true refund.

Not sure what happened, but it affected a decent number of folks. It's like someone rage quit fulfilling refunds and just sent out a blanket $400 :rotfl:

Anyone get a refund yet? I am still waiting for DH's refund. See my saga in the posts above. I am again on the chat, expecting a 24hr + hold time. When I called in February when my entire family got pass refunds, they said just wait, when I escalated via the chat form at the end of April, they said just wait. Escalated via chat again in May, they said just wait. Called late May, they said give it "a few months". It is now July, and my original refund which never hit my credit card, was supposedly issued by Disney 2/24/21. So it has been 5 months since they attempted the refund, and they have not sorted it out. It has been almost 18 months since I paid for the pass in full (1/20).

Does anyone know who else I can email or call? When I called the AP pass line at the end of May, after my two escalation forms were submitted, they said calling will do me absolutely no good, and that, no, I could not speak to a supervisor because there is not one. It is just the escalation form and wait for something to happen. I just remain angry about this, and I want to resolve it. Disney does not seem to respond at all to complaints to the BBB, so that will not solve this one, I'm afraid.

Wow! It’s hard to know what to think… it would be nice if they gave you a breakdown as to how they arrived at the amount. After contacting Disney again by email 3 weeks ago. I just received a new check for a larger amount, it still seems off 🤷‍♀️ My original refund was for $400.00 was a “glitch” according to the cast member I spoke with. My pass was a signature purchased on 2/28/20 at the gate with max pass paid in full . My new refund check amount is $871.04

I got my other refund check today...but it's still less than what my husband and son got refunded for their passes, which were exactly the same and all purchased by me at the same time. :headache:

It's a difference of $22 and change, so now I need to decide do I call again? Do I possibly wait on the phone for ANOTHER 4+ hours? Or do I let it go? In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much $ but it's just the fact that it's not the amount it was supposed to be. Ugh.

I wish there was a way to resolve this in person. I only live 5 miles from the parks. Then again, I'd end up having to pay $10 to park in DTD so :confused3

I wish there was a way to resolve this in person. I only live 5 miles from the parks. Then again, I'd end up having to pay $10 to park in DTD so :confused3

Another option is to park at GardenWalk parking and walk through the Harbor side entrance. GardenWalk parking is free for the first hour and $3 per hour thereafter.

So if you go to the Disneyland ticket booth at the Esplanade and get this sorted in less than an hour, you don't pay for parking. If it takes up to 2 hours to resolve in person, then you're only paying $3.

I am glad some people are getting checks again. I still have nothing regarding the missing refund for DH's pass. I could email, again.... or call for the fifth or sixth time and wait on hold for over an hour and then they will only talk to DH who will be on a work call... or chat for the fourth or fifth time, waiting 24+ hours for them to even engage with me, spend an hour on the chat, and end up with them telling me that they can't tell me anything.

I did file a protest of the charge with my credit card company, and supplied all the documentation last month (including screen shots from the failed Chats) after my last failed chat with Disney. My credit card company said that the charge was too old (October 2019) to protest. I explained why so much time had passed (parks closed and I wanted to keep my pass if they reopened and reinstated existing passes, but then they didn't), and they said it was still too long. So that is not an avenue to pursue any longer.

So now my only avenue is again with Disney. The "accounting" people who are supposedly looking into each "escalation" "when they can get to it". But I can't actually talk to anyone in Accounting, or in the Escalation department, or even a supervisor when I call. They have said that they can't handle this over email. And chat tries but every time they eventually determine that they don't know anything and don't know who or when something would be known.

I feel even more angry that they are now about to start selling Keys (for which they will magically be able to charge one's credit card immediately) next week, while they haven't bothered to put enough manpower behind resolving their existing APs holders' refunds (mine, some of yours and probably many others)

To OP, I doubt that any CM at the ticket booth could resolve your missing $22. They would probably have to "escalate" it and send it into the abyss that is "accounting". I sadly think for the trouble it would be to possibly get that resolved, it would be hours and hours.

For the OP that emailed someone and got a check 3 weeks later, what email did you use? I emailed a few months ago, and they said they could not do anything over email, and I would have to call. Sigh...curse...

So we popped over to DTD for dinner at Earl of Sandwich yesterday and a walk. Went to the ticket booth. CM said oh no, we can't help you with any of that. She said all the refunds were done by February. She said maybe my refund was different because my pass was different (after I told her all 3 were the same, purchased by me, at the same time for the last 15 years). I asked if the AP window was still open at all and she said no, because there are no more APs and all the refunds were already done. :headache:

Anyway, EoS gave us the AP discount (15%) since we could show them our (now useless) pass. So that was nice.

I know just about everyone has received their AP refunds by now. I am rounding out my saga that started in January when we all got refunds except my DH. You can read my posts in this thread to see what happened. After the final failed Chat in July, I just sat on things for a while. I could not deal with DL since I was beyond frustrated with their “you’ll know when we have researched it because you will get a check,” which never happened. Nothing happened. Others got checks, but we received nothing.

I finally decided to suck it up and call again on my day off a few weeks ago, hoping that whenever they answered, my DH would not be on a work call and could “verbally allow” them to talk to me about his AP. I held for about 30 minutes and then explained the situation to the CM. She could see ALL of the notes from the last 10 months. I told her the Chat told me I needed a supervisor. She made DH get on the line to verify I could talk to them about his AP, and then she put me on hold talk a supervisor. I held for 10 minutes and the original CM came back on. She said yes I see all the details. I said I have never received a check or a credit card refund and it’s been 10 months and that is not ok. She said, “so if you are saying you haven’t received the refund, then do you want a check? We have processed almost all of these now and there were a ton so that is why it took so long”. OF COURSE I WANT A CHECK. That is what I have been asking for all of this time. She made it seem so easy, even though up until this call, it was like talking to a brick wall. So I said yes please mail it. That was it. About 2 weeks later (incidentally when DD and I were in DL), the check unceremoniously arrived in the mail. I wasn’t even in the state to receive it! But it was for the same amount as the checks DD and I received back in January. I am still VERY frustrated that it took this many calls, emails, chats, failed credit card dispute, etc to get this refund. Disney would NEVER have “researched” it and sent the check without my persistence, in my opinion. They are hoping you get tired of it all and give up.

....I held for 10 minutes and the original CM came back on. She said yes I see all the details. I said I have never received a check or a credit card refund and it’s been 10 months and that is not ok. She said, “so if you are saying you haven’t received the refund, then do you want a check? We have processed almost all of these now and there were a ton so that is why it took so long”. OF COURSE I WANT A CHECK. That is what I have been asking for all of this time. She made it seem so easy, even though up until this call, it was like talking to a brick wall. So I said yes please mail it. That was it....
Thank you for the update!! Sad to hear her overall carefree attitude. I wonder what else she expected you to say? "no thanks, I don't need a refund- please enjoy my money, I just wanted to call and say hi" 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for the update!! Sad to hear her overall carefree attitude. I wonder what else she expected you to say? "no thanks, I don't need a refund- please enjoy my money, I just wanted to call and say hi" 🤷‍♂️
Ha ha exactly. She made it sound so simple when I have literally spent hours and hours over the last 9 months on this. But I guess I should be happy I got it at all; I think there are still people waiting on refunds and some that gave up. It was over $400 for this one AP refund, so I was not about to give up.

Of course when DD and I bought our 5 day PHs for our trip last weekend, DL managed to charge my card instantly… Funny how that works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter