AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

I haven't seen anyone post yet on our boards that they've received a refund check. So, hang in there -- you're not the only one waiting for this.

CaliforniaGirl09 (post #34 of this thread) just posted about receiving a refund check last week. But I don't disagree with you that this all is taking and will continue to take a lot of time for a number of reasons.

Has anyone else not even received the e-mail? My pass expired Nov. 14th, but I haven't seen anything...

CaliforniaGirl09 (post #34 of this thread) just posted about receiving a refund check last week. But I don't disagree with you that this all is taking and will continue to take a lot of time for a number of reasons.
Good catch! So in that case, it looks like it took about 6 months for the check to arrive.

Has anyone else not even received the e-mail? My pass expired Nov. 14th, but I haven't seen anything...
Add us to the no-emails list. Just keep watching these boards -- I'll try to make sure that things stay updated!

What would cause a refund check to be issued? If you paid in cash?
People receiving checks paid with cash and/or gift cards or paid with a credit card that is no longer valid to receive a credit (e.g. expired or stolen). There might also be other reasons.

Hoping it will be straightforward once it happens, since I paid in full (without adding it onto a ticket) and on a credit card I still use. :P I have a few pre-existing tickets through getawaytoday and UC that can hopefully be used when it opens...

I never get any Disney emails. Even thought I have checked my settings on it and let them know but nothing ever. DH sometimes gets them.

Good catch! So in that case, it looks like it took about 6 months for the check to arrive.
Yep, I finally got the check last week, and this was after they told me they'd refunded a nonexistent card. The whole "system" is a mess, and they don't seem to have a way of finding out what is happening. I was getting ready to initiate a search when the check finally arrived. I only got the offer to do that after sending off a very fiery email.

Meant to add ... I'm going to try to be patient with the DL Signature plus pass refunds, but it's off to a bad start in that I never receive an email!

Yep, I finally got the check last week, and this was after they told me they'd refunded a nonexistent card. The whole "system" is a mess, and they don't seem to have a way of finding out what is happening. I was getting ready to initiate a search when the check finally arrived. I only got the offer to do that after sending off a very fiery email.
Congratulations on your Refund!!
What was the AP type and expiration date?

Congratulations on your Refund!!
What was the AP type and expiration date?
This was for a WDW Gold Pass. The expiration was in April? I called in July for a refund. It took that long to get the check! I called multiple times and was told different things (i.e it will be refunded by x date, it's been refunded, etc).

Interesting information from another thread:

Long term lurker here! I have received so much great advice & tips from these boards over the years so I thought I would pay it forward and post about my experience calling the AP line about my annual pass.

I've moved since I bought mine and my Mom's pass so I wanted to update my address just in case there were issues with the CC I used. Someone answered right away (so shocked I didn't have to be on hold!) and she looked up our passes, updated the address for both and then let me know how much each one of us would be getting back and she processed it right then. Not sure what that means as it still hasn't shown up on my CC. She was so nice and helpful though. For a bit more info - we upgraded our 5 day PH tickets to the Flex Pass in December 2019, used it the remainder of the trip then never got to use it again and we are receiving $527.50 back on each our passes. We had trips book for May 2020 and September 2020. I'm sad my first experience being an annual passholder was cut short but anxious to see what the new plans will be! We are just going to tuck our refunds away until we see what those are.

Hope this helps anyone else that's wondering about how it's all going to work.

I got an email from my credit card company this morning. We were credited $1054 for two Flex Passes (no Maxpass) that expire 01/30/21. We upgraded our Park Hoppers on the last day and never even got to use our AP's this time. :sad:

I never received any emails (either the original announcement or an email about a refund being processed) but did just check my bank account and the credit appeared at some point during the day today. Not entirely sure how they calculated the refund amount as it was higher than I was expecting ($639 each pass), but not complaining obviously.

We had park hopper tickets in December 2019 that we upgraded at the end of our trip to the Flex pass, went back for Food and Wine and Rise of the Resistance February 26-March 1 2020. I think we upgraded to Maxpass so maybe that's part of the additional refund????

Our refund hit the credit card last night and it was for 61% of what we paid for each pass. Purchased in late October 2019 with the closure in mid-March that puts the days to be refunded at about 225 days. I'll keep it in the credit card to put towards our next Disney trip later this year......🤞

Did your refund process yet? We also received emails, but the refunds haven't yet gone through.
Our refunds processed overnight. We paid for one pass with a credit card and the other pass with gift cards, but both refunds went back on the same credit card. No check for the gift cards. Also, the amount is a bit short, depending on how the calculation was done. I will have to call later to ask about this.
ETA: All is fixed. Simple error and no big deal to remedy. :)

Last edited:
I got one email saying I was getting a refund, and one refund appeared on my card today. We upgraded three 4-day PHs with MP to Flex Passes with MP in 10/19, and then we bought one Flex Pass with MP outright in 1/20 ($699). The refund I got was for $587.16. I don't know if that is for all of my passes, or just the one we bought outright, or just for the 3 we upgraded from tickets or what? I suspect it is a refund for the FlexPass we bought outright, since it was a refund of 84% of the flex pass price, and the portion of the year of that pass that we had to validly use prior to shut down was about 2 months out of 12, or 83% of the year, since it was purchased near the end of January 2020. For those of you that had more than one pass and got the refund combined for both passes, did you get a separate email for each pass, or just one email? I don't want to call Disney just yet...

Our refunds processed overnight. We paid for one pass with a credit card and the other pass with gift cards, but both refunds went back on the same credit card. No check for the gift cards. Also, the amount is a bit short, depending on how the calculation was done. I will have to call later to ask about this.

I got my refunds last night too! The amount was exactly what the CM quoted me the other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!