Anyone watching the Grammy Awards tonight?

I can see a day where all of these awards shows will be condensed down to a "Best Of..." For one thing, people don't want to spend 2-3 hours watching something, especially younger people (the big networks are chasing millennials.) You can see the segments that most interest you on-line later that day or the next morning. There are just too many categories that the masses just aren't interested in. My other thought is that there was a time if you wanted to see celebrities you'd watch to see what they're like when they aren't making movies, tv shows, or music. Now you can't get away from celebrities doing any little thing(and then getting slammed for it on social media.)

I can see a day where all of these awards shows will be condensed down to a "Best Of..." For one thing, people don't want to spend 2-3 hours watching something, especially younger people (the big networks are chasing millennials.) You can see the segments that most interest you on-line later that day or the next morning. There are just too many categories that the masses just aren't interested in. My other thought is that there was a time if you wanted to see celebrities you'd watch to see what they're like when they aren't making movies, tv shows, or music. Now you can't get away from celebrities doing any little thing(and then getting slammed for it on social media.)

It's true, the barrage of social media has provided a virtually nonstop view behind the curtain (or so we're lead to believe). The Grammy's are one of the few awards shows that are able to present the artists displaying the talent they're being recognized for within the program. It's not like it's feasible for Meryl Streep to come to the Oscars and perform a scene, then Stephen Spielberg to come on up and direct a scene, etc.

I, for one, was sad when it was over. Alicia Keys was such a great host! She should host everything from now on and forever and ever.

I, for one, was sad when it was over. Alicia Keys was such a great host! She should host everything from now on and forever and ever.

I like her. Musically she's fantastic. Honestly I thought from a hosting perspective it was as if she was making everything about herself. That wore thin with me, quickly.

I wonder what people would think of their plumber showing up in a political hat or shirt.

I wouldn't care one bit. The plumber is there to fix the plumbing, right? As long as that is done to my satisfaction, I don't care what his hat or t shirt says.

I wouldn't care one bit. The plumber is there to fix the plumbing, right? As long as that is done to my satisfaction, I don't care what his hat or t shirt says.

Candidates I don't care for, different political priorities wouldn't bother me a bit. I won't have any patience for advertising some type of extremist attempt to dehumanize others.

I have a real issue with this type of opinion. Celebrities (singers, actors, sports players, etc) do not simply exist to entertain you. They are PEOPLE with feelings, their own opinions, and most importantly, they have the same political rights as everyone else. What they have that you and I don't, is a platform, and the ability to say something and actually be heard. I have no issue with anyone using their right to speak out about things that they find unjust, on behalf of those whose voices will never be heard. Writers of TV shows similarly have an ability to craft stories using real life events and situations as inspiration. There is nothing wrong with that. In this country, like it or not, politics affects every aspect of our lives. That is the nature of our type of government.

Many, MANY of these outspoken celebrities DO put their money (and their time) where their mouth is. To assume they don't is wrong. Lady Gaga is just one current example of someone who spends an inordinate amount of time and money on philanthropic pursuits. She isn't just doing it for the attention. She truly believes that she has a duty to help people, and she does it. Drake is another one. Alicia Keys. Miley Cyrus. Chance the Rapper. Macklemore. Elton John. Kesha. Bruno Mars. Taylor Swift. Rhianna. Dr. Dre. One Direction. Beyonce. Carrie Underwood. Demi Lovato. Justin Beiber. Bono. Paul McCartney. Willie Nelson. Keith Urban. These are just some of the singers, not to mention all the actors and sports celebrities who have strong records of philanthropy.

They are not simply monkeys that you get to snap at and order to perform for you for your enjoyment. Sheesh.

Respectfully... I can see your point of view... that's whats great about this country... we are free to have our own thoughts and voice what we feel. While you may have an issue with my opinion, I fully respect your opinion, I just don't share it...

As far as Singers, Artist, Musicians, Actors, Sports celebrities their job is in entertainment, this is what they choose to do... it is their chosen life works, to perform ....be in the spot light, I want to see the performance, their craft...As well the awards show are for achievements in their chosen fields of entertainment... they are there to receive awards and perform, show new artist in their fields, and honor ones that have gone on, or that are super stars..and that's what people are tuning in to see.. it's not a political rally nor is it demonstration it is simply an awards show on TV...

When you or I pay to see a movie or a play, or visit a art gallery, sit in the stands to cheer for your team at a ball game... Are we not paying for the entertainment value? the purpose of attending these type of things is to step away from our everyday lives, to spend time with family and friends, relax and enjoy the moments.

I am happy and thankful for and with "our" type of government, and pray that "our" type of government will always stand, for everyone...

As well.............. I would never snap my fingers at anyone for any reason, and expect them to do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter