Anyone to AKV recently with info. on...

ranthony

DIS Veteran
the removal of the animals from the sunset savanna next year?

I read on another thread, although I can't remember which one, that someone (I think Diane) had spoken to a keeper at AKL recently about the removal of the animals next year prior to the opening of Kidani who said that it may not even have to happen or if it does it may be for a few days, not months ,as is the official statement from Disney.

I specifically reserved a savanna view room next March 15-20th day-by-day due to Disney's statement that the guests will be placed on the savanna by booking date. Those booking closer to their travel dates will have a higher liklihhood of being placed on the sunset savanna w/o animals.

Now, it sounds like very few people may be impacted by this. I realize that Disney has to make broader statements to be sure to include any possible dates the animals may be removed but if there is a good chance that there will be animals on the sunset savanna during mid-March I would consider booking a value room to save 60 points. I'm willing to take the chance that we may get to see animals if I know they're going to be there!

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything or if anyone going soon would try to get some more information.

Disney has made it clear that this will be based on the NEEDS of the animals.... so I think we will just have to wait and see. If you want to see animals I would not risk it...

I think its like all the construction warnings they were giving everyone staying at AKV/AKL. We were there during the initial Kidani foundation work, some of the heaviest construction there is, and didn't hear a thing. I think its more of a "cover our backsides" issue than something that will really affect everyone. I could see them having to move the animals for a week or two at most, not months.

It wasn't a keeper, it was the overall animal curator I spoke with. He said they had to publish something, so that is why it was such a broad timeframe, but he is hoping they will only need to have them off exhibit a very short time if at all. The animals on the sunset savanna have been there through the whole construction without any problems. He said they might need a week or two to introduce the new animals that will join the existing ones though. They need to acclimate them, but he said that usually is a fairly fast transition. Yes, it will be to the animals needs, not our wishes. Frankly, there are so many other areas to view animals on the other savannas, that it certainly wouldn't bother me. Of course, I'm an animal lover, so I want what is best for them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter