• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else never book TS breakfasts???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We went once to a character breakfast in AK. Even though we thought it was cute, I just think using a TS credit for a breakfast is a waste. For people who do do breakfast buffets, what makes you go to them instead of a dinner buffet?:scratchin

We went once to a character breakfast in AK. Even though we thought it was cute, I just think using a TS credit for a breakfast is a waste. For people who do do breakfast buffets, what makes you go to them instead of a dinner buffet?:scratchin

We usually do a couple of TS breakfasts, but we do them in addition to TS dinners rather than instead of them. We do a sit down dinner every night and use the DDP for that and just pay OOP for any sit down breakfasts we do. I do agree, though, that since breakfast is usually cheaper than dinner, it's better to use the DDP for dinner.

We typically pay OOP for breakfast since it is a cheaper meal. I love the Tusker House breakfast but I never feel like I eat enough food to justify the costs. If we eat at a TS breakfast it is off a menu instead of buffet.

We love Breakfast when on vacation and always make a few Breakfast ADRs. The Character Breakfast buffets are a good value if on the DP IMO since they are so expensive.

For our Fall trip we are not doing the DP but still have 3 Breakfast ADRs.

We do one every trip and our #1 reason is to be able to walk down main street and take pictures with nobody else around. :cool1:

In 8 trips, we have only done a few TS breakfasts (CRT, Olivia's and Whispering Canyon). Since we stay DVC and have a kitchen, we just eat quick breakfasts in our villa (cereal, donuts...etc). We like to get to the parks as early as possible, so no time for a TS breakfast. I would like to try Ohana and Boma breakfast buffets and the Kouzzina breakfast menu looks yummy...maybe some day when we've had our fill of commando style park touring.

Accutally I just finished booking all my adrs this am and three are breakfasts. No characters because my son is 15 and he feels he is way to big for this. I was able to get Kona, Olivias, and Grand Floridian cafe. All have great breakfasts and with two on the monorail line it makes it easier to get to the parks .

We like character breakfasts, which are not so inexpensive. Also, we booked CM @ 11:00 a.m. and treated it as brunch. We like breakfast food, so it works out. I would rather feast on Mickey waffles than steak any day of the week, LOL.

Because it is less expensive and/or they want a nice big breakfast and/or they want characters and/or they have lots of other reasons.. I think you are assuming people are on a basic Dining Plan. Many are not. And even those who are might pay Out of Pocket. Or if they are on the Deluxe Plan.

I have young(ish) kids. My older one is less interested in characters but my younger one still very much is. And the character breakfasts are sorta pricey. So, I booked 2 pre-park opening breakfasts - 1 at tusker and 1 at MK specifically for both the characters and the opportunity to get pics in a mostly empty park :) We're staying 8 nights but only 7 actual days so it'll still work out that we have a TS dinner credit for the same day as one of the breakfasts. And there will be one day where we probably get hot dogs on main street while waiting for the parade- it all works out

ETA: For me, the free dining plan and eating at the World in general are about buying experiences- not the food. I like the food to taste good but I book a lot of meals around views for illuminations, fantasmic packages, etc. Food is secondary to optimizing views :P

I am not a fan of dining plans so we pay out of pocket.

We do 2 character breakfasts on almost every vacation. I like doing one on our first morning and I like doing one on our last morning. This is whether or not there are kids in our party.

It's part of the Disney magic.

I like to book late TS breakfasts (character usually) so we can use it as an early lunch. We eat a quick muffin or pop tart before we go to the park, do RD, and then by 10:45 are ready for a break and food so it works really well! Lunch at breakfast prices ;) Plus my whole family likes breakfast food

We don't do TS breakfast at Disney anymore (have done a few in the past, especially Crystal Palace). We also have never done the DDP. We prefer a light breakfast so usually pick up a CS at one of the parks.

Because it is less expensive and/or they want a nice big breakfast and/or they want characters and/or they have lots of other reasons.. I think you are assuming people are on a basic Dining Plan. Many are not. And even those who are might pay Out of Pocket. Or if they are on the Deluxe Plan.

Yep. We do the DxDDP, and generally do all 3 of our meals as TS every day. And if you were paying OOP and only wanted a few TS meals, breakfast is much cheaper. Even on the regular DP, some of the character meals are breakfast-only, so if a particular one is important to you, then you'll use the credit for it anyway.

We're doing breakfasts on 3 of our 4 park days. All of them are pre-park opening which we love because the streets are open and you can get some great pictures without tons of crowds. Plus you can finish your food and start off early for rides and attractions.

We can also get a fill of good food at the start of the day and then snack later on and hit a CS place when the mood strikes us later in the day rather than having to alter park plans to meet a dining reservation. We are using the DDP but have used the DxDP when the kids were very little and needed more breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter