Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

Both DH and I are in the AZ/Pfizer combo as well so that is something to consider too. Should specify that we'd likely still go even if you needed a mask for the plane/transportation. At least I would.

Ugh I love this surprise for him and will be so sad if we can't go.

So I know the pull of Disney well...I still haven't cancelled my March Break plans. (Xmas 2021 trip got cancelled).
I have been watching our local news and see many of the usual kid viruses going around right now. I guess while we were all in lock down (online learning) and wearing masks the normal germs didn't get to the kids/us. Hugs to you TammyLynn and I hope your family gets over this fast.
I do think parents are going to have to be prepared for the Fall & Winter months for various viruses that the kids didn't get exposed to for the last year and half. So many of the viruses have similar symptoms to Covid 19 to.
I think great flexibility is necessary here ,,having the ability to cancel without loss of funds.
So I'm on the fence right now.

This is an article from the Washington Post on Viral infections and there course due to the Pandemic.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/16/increase-colds-rsv-kids/
Three things that worry me about Orlando right now
1. low uptake of Vaccine
2. No mask mandate
3. Large groups of people from all over the World

thank you .. it’s just scary because you think with masks you are safer and a cohort of ten kids 2/10 mine and we are all still sick. Little is better today not 100% but daughter with asthma is going down .. I’m rethinking camp and school in sept at this point

I just read that some cruise lines are not recognizing mixed vaccines as "vaccinated". Hopefully that changes for many Canadians in the future.
Yes it's all over other discussion groups and such. However, this just seems to be for cruises that depart from a US port. For example, NCL has on their website that AZ etc will be accepted for cruises originating from Europe. So this is all down to the FDA 😈 if cruise lines want our money they will get this sorted asap. I'm glad our next cruise isn't until Aug 2022 and we are sailing in Europe.

I’ve accepted that we’re going nowhere again this year.:charac2:
- Testing too expensive
- Testing too much of a hassle
- insane car rental prices
- I’d rather drive
-The only vacation time I could get was November and there is nowhere in Canada I’d like to go in November
- I work with kids and my workplace has already put out a memo that you still need to do a 14 day quarantine even if you’re fully vaccinated because TPH hasn’t changed the guidelines. They say TPH trumps federal guidelines. I have tried to find info on this online to see if they’re trying to pull a fast one, but can’t.

I’ve accepted that we’re going nowhere again this year.:charac2:
- Testing too expensive
- Testing too much of a hassle
- insane car rental prices
- I’d rather drive
-The only vacation time I could get was November and there is nowhere in Canada I’d like to go in November
- I work with kids and my workplace has already put out a memo that you still need to do a 14 day quarantine even if you’re fully vaccinated because TPH hasn’t changed the guidelines. They say TPH trumps federal guidelines. I have tried to find info on this online to see if they’re trying to pull a fast one, but can’t.
What does TPH stand for ?

Thanks . While I’m not surprised that individual work places are coming up with with their own rules for travel and quarantine , it’s still frustrating that it doesn’t match federal guidelines .
Forgot to add we can’t use our sick bank for the quarantine even though I have 80+ days. We need to take unpaid :headache: DH’s workplace said no quarantine for vaccinated workers.

I just read that some cruise lines are not recognizing mixed vaccines as "vaccinated". Hopefully that changes for many Canadians in the future.
I'm not sure about other provinces, but in Ontario the receipt they give you after your second dose simply states what the 2nd dose was, and that you received 2 doses and your series is complete. If you give that receipt as proof you are fully vaccinated I'm not sure how they can know you had a mixed series.

I'm not sure about other provinces, but in Ontario the receipt they give you after your second dose simply states what the 2nd dose was, and that you received 2 doses and your series is complete. If you give that receipt as proof you are fully vaccinated I'm not sure how they can know you had a mixed series.

They ask for both receipts, not just the last one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter