Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I had a hair appt yesterday and it was so weird not wearing one. I too am fully vaccinated. Still seems too soon to just lift all restrictions.

At least by September I should hopefully be comfortable mask free. Going to WDW without is going to be weird. (I did two pandemic trips - before the hotel quarantine/Covid testing requirements.. I did two 14 day quarantines at home)

I had a hair appt yesterday and it was so weird not wearing one. I too am fully vaccinated. Still seems too soon to just lift all restrictions.

When I had a (non-home) haircut in December, she just lifted the mask loop off the ear when she needed to cut around there. Mask was still on most of the time.

Similarly to walking down a crowded sidewalk or even being outside at Disney, you don’t have to ditch the mask yet, even if others are. Everyone’s comfort zones are bound to fall differently :)

Normally don't mention non-Disney trips but since I'm crossing the border.... I've got a trip to Austin planned for end of September. One of the big genre film festivals is running (in person) and I'll be there attending. Everything is looking promising that I should be good to go. I used Airmiles for the flight and bought insurance (not sure if it will cover COVID restrictions) and I have an AirBnB I can cancel in September if needed.

I know people who have just left for the Cannes film festival in France. When I did checking the gov't currently leaves it up to the individual as to what is essential. For me the trip is part work so even if things haven't changed, I am comfortable with the current requirements and I am double vaccinated.

Happy to see all the resorts will be open by December. I wonder if they will refurb Music and Sports before they open, I would have assumed they were working on that while closed but who knows! Of course this is as soon as I talk about cancelling and going with an AI instead since there is no availability the time I want to go... will see tomorrow I guess. AI still looking cheaper though. Crazy as that is!

We are suppose to be going in November , we will be driving from Windsor /Ontario, Canada. We all have both doses of the vaccine except the kids under 12 ,anybody know what will happened to them , do they have to quarantine when we get home from our trip ?

We are suppose to be going in November , we will be driving from Windsor /Ontario, Canada. We all have both doses of the vaccine except the kids under 12 ,anybody know what will happened to them , do they have to quarantine when we get home from our trip ?

At this time, yes they will.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated
Children under the age of 18, or dependent adults, who are not fully vaccinated, but who are accompanied by fully vaccinated travellers:

• must quarantine for 14 days
  • must follow all testing requirements (unless under the age of 5)
  • are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel

At this time, yes they will.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated
Children under the age of 18, or dependent adults, who are not fully vaccinated, but who are accompanied by fully vaccinated travellers:

• must quarantine for 14 days
  • must follow all testing requirements (unless under the age of 5)
  • are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel
Thank you .

DD30 told us a couple of weeks ago that she won’t be able to go on our Oct/Nov trip to WDW because her ‘friend’ won’t be able to go, and she doesn’t want to be a “third wheel“ with DH and I. It sucks, because the trip was originally planned for her 30th birthday last year 😢.

DH and I talked about it (we’re still going on the trip), but we feel so bad for her…. Today I was able to get tickets to the Oogie Boogie Bash for Sept. 16! SO, tonight I booked a hotel for three nights, and I’m taking her on a belated 30th birthday girls trip to Disneyland! I’ve given the go ahead to the air miles personal shopper for the 2 day 2 park passes, and should have them in the next few weeks. I have a companion voucher to use up with WestJet, so I’ll be checking on flights tomorrow.

The icing on the cake would be for the COVID testing to go away (we’re both fully vaccinated).

Now to figure out a creative way to surprise her!

Last edited:
DD30 told us a couple of weeks ago that she won’t be able to go on our Oct/Nov trip to WDW because her ‘friend’ won’t be able to go, and she doesn’t want to be a “third wheel“ with DH and I. It sucks, because the trip was originally planned for her 30th birthday last year 😢.

DH and I talked about it (we’re still going on the trip), but we feel so bad for her…. Today I was able to get tickets to the Obie Boogie Bash for Sept. 16! SO, tonight I booked a hotel for three nights, and I’m taking her on a belated 30th birthday girls trip! I’ve given the go ahead to the air miles personal shopper for the 2 day 2 park passes, and should have them in the next few weeks. I have a companion voucher to use up with WestJet, so I’ll be checking on flights tomorrow.

The icing on the cake would be for the COVID testing to go away (we’re both fully vaccinated).

Now to figure out a creative way to surprise her!
That will be a nice surprise for your daughter.

I decided today that if we do get to go on our trip, I will NOT be forking out over $700 for the Christmas after hours party. I can add that $700 to my Spring cruise/AI vacation fund, which currently has $1150 in it, so another $700 would be awesome.

Also, I won't be out the $700 if I have to cancel the trip due to covid restrictions as the tickets are non-refundable.

I decided today that if we do get to go on our trip, I will NOT be forking out over $700 for the Christmas after hours party. I can add that $700 to my Spring cruise/AI vacation fund, which currently has $1150 in it, so another $700 would be awesome.

Also, I won't be out the $700 if I have to cancel the trip due to covid restrictions as the tickets are non-refundable.
This one is tough, we have a Dec 19-27 reservation and part of me would really want these after hour tickets especially being busy time. The other part doesn’t want to buy anything non refundable right now.
I guess I’ll know more after our August trip, if things look good then maybe we’ll book them. We have never done MVMCP and I was looking forward to it...

Friend and I are going for the 50th and bought Boo Bash tickets. I have never done an After Hours event - heck I’m usually ready for bed by then. But we decided to splurge and do it.

We're booked for Universal this September which will hopefully work out. We were supposed to do our "dream trip" this year (17 or 18 nights, split between Universal and Disney, with a stay at AKL for a couple of nights) as it is my DH's 50th but decided early this year that it wasn't going to work out. I still stand by it, even though we were fully vaccinated way sooner than we anticipated - I just don't think it is the year for the dream trip. But once they removed the quarantine requirement, I started planning a surprise Universal only trip for DH. I so hope it works out (cases in Florida right now are NOT helping).

We are planning a re-scheduled dream trip for next September though so should sneak in some of the 50th festivities!

We've started planning a November DL trip! Still in the very early days of starting to think about maybe going but it's something at least! I've got enough Dream Airmiles to get our flights, plenty of Cash miles to get $250 in Starbucks to pay for all the coffee and breakfasts we would want, and I've made a booking at a Harbour Blvd motel for the 5 nights. I booked the motel through Expedia last night and today I saw that the cost is lower on Expedia so I cancelled and rebooked saving us over $100CAD!

Now all we need is for DS (16) to get his second vaccine and for the travel restrictions to be opened up before I book the flights and buy the DL tickets.

I love that there is definitely light at the end of this long non-traveling tunnel!

We have just started planning a trip for end of Oct to WDW, thinking of driving! It's certainly added a pep to my step :D

Since they are doing the event as After Hours, MK is open until 9 those nights (or later?) where as with a party it closes at 6. So I think that is a good choice, the after hours events are fun, less crowded, and all that, but you can still enjoy the park that day if you want.

Since they are doing the event as After Hours, MK is open until 9 those nights (or later?) where as with a party it closes at 6. So I think that is a good choice, the after hours events are fun, less crowded, and all that, but you can still enjoy the park that day if you want.

As of right now I have our MK park passes for a Wednesday, likely the day AFTER the DAH event, so maybe it won't be as busy as lots of people will have just been at the park the night before?

Yes, the Boo Bash is 9-12am. I’m going on Oct 8. So, I’m thinking it will be a sleep in day. (Except, I never sleep in🤪)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter