• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

I wonder if Laura Spencer will post a new blog on the Disney Parks Blog tomorrow. If she posts, she will usually publish it on a Monday. I'd love some new news as September approaches!:cheer2:

I applied on a whim last year but did not make it to the second round, although the video may have been too daunting. I am a Disney fanatic and have been to WDW well over a 100 times , am a DVC owner and have been on DCL 16 times. I love the planning part of our trips, but at 54 feel I am older than what they are looking for. Not sure if I will apply this year. I was surprised at the first round questions and felt it did not give a great feel for Disney knowledge or passion. Good luck to everyone. I will be jealous but like the idea of a trip to get over my sadness

I'm so excited! We are about to head down to the World in a few days! can't wait! I hope everyone has a magical experience this year!

I'm not a mom, so I'd never thought of applying to the panel -- until last year. On a bus ride back to our resort, I struck up a conversation with a woman who turned out to be a Moms Panelist! We talked about the adventures that my group and I had already had this year, and she encouraged me to look into joining (despite the fact that I'm not a mom.) So, I am anxious to see what the rules are, and if I might fit in!

I am a nanny, and the planner for my group of friends. I was fortunate enough to do the "AP thing" last year, and went on half a dozen trips. It was a "once in a lifetime" experience, that was awesome enough we are planning a repeat in 2013. :) We have a plethora of food allergies in the group, so I consider navigating them at Disney an area of expertise, in addition to all of the normal planning pieces!

I may not post much, but I will be following this thread, waiting with baited breath for the application to go up.

Question for everyone -- how much time is there for the initial app to be completed? Is it like a race to click the button, or are there a couple of days to get things pulled together?

I look forward to riding the roller coaster with y'all!

:cheer2: Way to go! I see that you will be running the Half in 2013! Great! I will be doing the Goofy Challenge for the first time! Excited!

You crazy, girl! Lol, my BFF (and Disney partner in crime) are planning to run it, or well, "run" it. We are NOT runners. Her brother and SIL were going to run it, and we thought it might be fun to join them. Eventually we decided that after last year's excessive visiting, we needed to "earn" our way back to the World, so we aren't allowed to go until we run! We are getting squirmy squirrely and whiney since it's been a while, but at least it's motivation to get out there and train. Plus, at this point, I'm all about doing "new" things at Disney - which are few and far between - but I can honestly say I've never done a race there before!

But going Goofy is just... mad! And I mean that in the best possible way, I am in awe!

:cheer2: Way to go! I see that you will be running the Half in 2013! Great! I will be doing the Goofy Challenge for the first time! Excited!

Congratulations to all of you RunDisney runners!! :cool1: You'll have an amazing time - there is nothing like a Disney race! I'm running in the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler at the end of September - can't wait! If you don't see me back on the board, I'll have gotten lost in the 4th dimension, LOL :goodvibes

I can't believe it's been a year since our last Mom's Panel Roller Coaster Ride! I will be applying again - made it to round 2 last year.
You're all amazing and whether we make it this year or not, it won't change our love for Disney and being able to share our passion with each other! Pixie Dust to everyone!!:wizard:
Laura

I'm checking in too!! I've applied every year and plan to give it another go this year. I've made it 3 times to the 2nd round, but never any further. Good luck to everyone as we wait patiently for "rope drop" on the application process!!

Does anyone remember approximate time when we applied to round 2 last year?

I seem to remember it was the second week of October. At the time the days seemed to drag between rounds, but looking back on it now, it seems to have flown! I'm already getting butterflies!! :butterfly

Excited to go through this year's journey with everyone!!:cool1:

cbkamommy said:
Does anyone remember approximate time when we applied to round 2 last year?

Round 1 started sept 12.

10/8 I got my email about round 2 and it had to be in between 10/10-10/14 and Nov 18th I got my no to round 3 email.

Hello All! Nice to see some familiar folks back for the ride this year! I was just thinking that September is only a day away, and we shoud be hearing something any time now.

Does anyone else find it odd/interesting that no date for opening of the applications has been officially announced yet? I do believe that in the past, we had a definate date known. This year, I keep reading "check out the Disney website every day in September" or something such as that. Does no one else find that odd? Are they just going to open the application with no official notice? Just boom! We're live and up and running? Does that mean they will restrict the applications more than in the past? In the past I believe applications were accepted until 5pm on Friday of that week, or until 20,000 applications, whichever came first. What does everyone else make of the wording?

A little bit about me... I am a SAHM mom during the day, and a labor and delivery nurse at night. I have recently expanded my family from three sons ages 9, 7, and 5 to include a daughter, 4 months. We are getting ready to head to WDW on the 12th for her first trip, and my 15th. We are DVC members and our favorite place to stay is Kidani Village where we will be in 12short days!!:thumbsup2 I love helping families plan their trips, especially first trips as that first taste of the magic is always special. I also have my own Disney travel blog. Right now though its been lacking a bit as I try to manage writing with a nursing baby on my lap! But I am getting back into the swing of the blog, and should have a new piece up next week....hopefully.

This will be my fourth year applying to the Moms Panel, and two years ago I made it to round 2. Here's to hoping maybe, just maybe this is my year!

Good luck to everyone!

It's September, y'all! Let the magical times begin. I can't wait for the announcement of when the application process opens! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm starting to get anxious - the butterflies are starting to flutter! Good luck to all and wishing pixie dust and magical 2013 Moms Panel Adventure!! :tink:

I still can't believe it's September already!

Glad we're all here for each other for all of those much needed hugs!!! :grouphug:

Laura

My goodness. This checking the website everyday has put me on pins and needles! We leave for WDW in 5 days! Eek!

:rotfl2:
My goodness. This checking the website everyday has put me on pins and needles! We leave for WDW in 5 days! Eek!

Me too! Heading for the "World" on a roadtrip on September 24th. I was hoping to have my round 1 submission safely on its way by then (and then try to forget about the roller coaster ride for a week!) I wonder if the rest stops on I-79, I-77 and I-95 have wireless access??!!! :rotfl2:

Hi, everyone! My name is Krissy and I'm back for a second try at becoming a runDisney mom!

Last year, I made it to Round 2 and while it would have been magical to go even further, the experience was so worth it regardless, as I met so many amazing Disney fans and friends :)

I look forward to another exciting adventure with all of you!!

Checking into the waiting room for the 2013 panel search. Hopefully the fourth time is the charm :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter