Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

I think this is year five or so applying for this Disney Dad. I made it to round 2 last year. It was stressful so I can't imagine what making it past that must be like. I would like to find out though! Good luck everyone!

Disney Auntie here! I made it to the video round last year (furthest I have got so far). I am hoping that with Brave being released my Scottish accent has become more accessible and, even if it wasn't me, it would be cute for the UK panelist to be from Scotland this year.

It would mean a lot to me to get in this year because there is a little person in my life that gets sicker every year and has limited time left and she would love to see her Stitch (that is what she calls me) as a Disney Mom and I would love to make her so very proud of me.

Pixie dust for everyone applying this year.

I'm getting more excited by the day! I love hearing everyone's stories and seeing the entire process. I would love to have the opportunity to see it first hand!

I am so glad this thread is up and running. I was a bit of a stalker last year. I am planning on applying.

A little about me, I have been married to my Prince Charming for 20 years. I am a SAHM to five kiddos, soon to be six, a twentieth anniversary present to each other. I have 3 boys (18, 12, 8) and two girls (16, 14) and like I said another on the way, due just about the time phone interviews occurred last year (made it to round 2 last year, hoping to make it farther this year). I wonder if a new baby will be a hindrance to the application process. My eight year old son is on the Autism Spectrum and said his first "yes" unprompted at Disney World. Disney has been an integral part of our family. I don't think the kids can remember a year in which we did not vacation at one Disney Park or another.

I have been to Disney World too many times to count and Disneyland just as many times. Living in Colorado, we alternate years to Disney World and to Disneyland. We have been DVC members since 2003 and just added on to our membership in June during our Disney Alaskan Cruise (a graduation present to our oldest; the cruise, not the points:rotfl:). Just saw Cars Land for the first time last weekend (It was awesome!) for a final Disney trip for our oldest under our roof. My husband just took our oldest to college (my husband's and my alma mater) this morning and was happy to see this thread to keep me a little distracted from my sadness. We both have new milestones this year.

I am looking forward to spending this next couple of months with you and staying distracted.

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
Walt Disney

See ya real soon!

Angie

My son and I went to the Disney Store today (we have one 10 mins away!!) and he was lucky enough to be the first person there and got to help open the store! It was so much fun and he got a souvenir key to imagination to keep. It honestly brought tears to my eyes! He was so happy and it just filled us both with magic!

Hi everyone! You are about to embark on a magical journey; a most amazing experience to be treasured forever. There is nothing like it! Wishing you all tons of pixiedust:

Hi all!
This will be my first time applying, I am
so excited to be a part of the process! I am a guidance counselor, wife and mother of 3... not necessarily in that order.

We are relatively new DVC members and always seem to have a trip in the works. Our next trip is in 10 days, it will be my one year olds THIRD trip!

I will be turning 40 this year and am seriously contemplating running in the Princess 1/2 marathon. Pretty scary considering I've been running for less than a year!!!

Can't wait for this...good luck to all

PrincessPSU said:
Our next trip is in 10 days, it will be my one year olds THIRD trip!

I will be turning 40 this year and am seriously contemplating running in the Princess 1/2 marathon. Pretty scary considering I've been running for less than a year!!!

Can't wait for this...good luck to all

Can you adopt me? I'm 30 so you won't even have to change me! Haha!

I want to be able to walk the Princess 1/2. I don't know if 2013 is going to happen but if not 2014 for sure. It looks like so much fun and would be a great goal for me to work towards. The more I watch the videos on YouTube the more I want to do it!

We leave for our Disney World vacation Sept 9 and will be there through the 17. Hoping that applying from there will give me some extra pixie dust! Also, just committed to our first cruise for Feb 2014. Can't wait to start planning that trip!

We leave for our Disney World vacation Sept 9 and will be there through the 17. Hoping that applying from there will give me some extra pixie dust! Also, just committed to our first cruise for Feb 2014. Can't wait to start planning that trip!

Hi Laurali! I think you will have extra special Pixie Dust applying right at the source of the magic. We just returned from our first Disney Cruise (to Alaska). You are in for an amazing voyage.

Hey all.

It's almost that time again!!

I got involved in last year's thread. This will be my third year applying. We came back from an awesome cruise sandwich just about over a week ago.

A little about me. I am a father of two (DD 5 and DS 1). My wife is a teacher. DD is starting kindergarten this year, and DS just went on his first trip to WDW!! I work as a freelance television director and last year I was a SAHD with both kids. This year it looks like I will be doing the SAHD thing with just my son as DD will be in school full-time.

We live in Long Island, NY. (I say that like it's an actual town, but it's the easiest way to describe where I live.) We have been DVC members since 2007, and we just cruised on the Dream and stayed at BLT and BCV. Our future trip plans are to possibly do HHI next summer and WDW in the fall for MNSSHP!! We also loved the Dream so much we want to go back in the summer of 2014!!

I wish everyone the best of luck!! Can't wait to get the ball rolling and see who the next panelists are going to be!!

Hi All!
Back again for another try! The excitement, the trepidation, the heart pounding anxiety...why oh why do I do it? I suppose the reason we all do it --an overwhelming love for all things Disney!

So, I have never made it past stage one and I am determined to make it this time. With all of the applicants likely to be as smart, witty, and Disney-smitten, what do you suppose the key is to making it past that first round?

Also, what is the ETA on the opening of the application period?

Have a Magical Day!
Anne

I'm ineligible to apply this year, so I will just send the best vibes possible to all of the applicants.

I do have a question for the panelists, though. I figured that you each went to WDW once or twice a year for training and such, but really just worked from your living rooms and answered questions as they came in. However, everyone keeps talking about what a wonderful family it is. Could someone expand on what it is like to be on the panel?

I'm sure everyone will have an answer as to how it's a big family. You really only go once for training, and then you do work from home, but each year, we've organized a "family reunion" so that we can get together and spend some time with each other, and any time a Mom is headed down, we kind of let the other Moms know so that if any of our trips are overlapping - or for Orlando area Moms - we can try to get together. We support each other on a daily basis with things that go well beyond the panel. We've been there for each other through issues with family, health crisis, even through the very sad passing of one of our very dearest Moms. We text, we email, we phone call. It was like getting a whole big bunch of brothers and sisters! We've even met up away from Walt Disney World on numerous occasions!

So, there is so much more to look forward to than just answering questions!

Anna said it perfectly! I feel so blessed to have inherited so many new brothers and sisters through this process! You definitely forge genuine relationships with the other panelists! I can't imagine my life without these guys!:love:

I'm not a mom, so I'd never thought of applying to the panel -- until last year. On a bus ride back to our resort, I struck up a conversation with a woman who turned out to be a Moms Panelist! We talked about the adventures that my group and I had already had this year, and she encouraged me to look into joining (despite the fact that I'm not a mom.) So, I am anxious to see what the rules are, and if I might fit in!

I am a nanny, and the planner for my group of friends. I was fortunate enough to do the "AP thing" last year, and went on half a dozen trips. It was a "once in a lifetime" experience, that was awesome enough we are planning a repeat in 2013. :) We have a plethora of food allergies in the group, so I consider navigating them at Disney an area of expertise, in addition to all of the normal planning pieces!

I may not post much, but I will be following this thread, waiting with baited breath for the application to go up.

Question for everyone -- how much time is there for the initial app to be completed? Is it like a race to click the button, or are there a couple of days to get things pulled together?

I look forward to riding the roller coaster with y'all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter