A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

I used to record them on MTV, you know when they actually had videos :) I played that cassette SO much. And we had a family pic at the same spot where Maddie was literally rolling her eyes....it would've been a great pic LOL

That's funny! Yes, I remember when they actually had videos on MTV.

I used to record the Billboard countdown with Casey Kasem on Saturday mornings on my cassette player.

So annoying when you would have the perfect picture except for one (or more) kids!

:rotfl2:

Wow that song is 30 years old!? Even me at 18 knows that one.

I guess that song really has legs!

Too funny that 3 white kids from NYC had the first number one rap album!

:rockband:

So my DS15 went through a phase of listening to the beastie boys last year. He would say, "mom do you remember this song?" Lol. I was like yes how do you know it?? His friend who drove him to school would listen to them on his phone. It was kinda funny.
I'm guessing the connection to the song I has something to do with MNSSHP???

In one of my comments above, I revealed that 30 years ago last week, the Beastie Boys License to Ill was the first rap album to hit #1 on the Billboard charts.

:goodvibes

BTW are you in a blizzard warning???
We are just winter storm as of right now.
UGH!! There goes 2 days out of school.
:mad:

Yes, we are all home today. Actually Nate is on "spring" break. Not sure about tomorrow- we are hearing it may turn over to sleet, then rain, so maybe not quite as much snow as originally projected here (12-18 inches)

:cold:

Hi Dee just wanted to interrupt long enough to say thanks :hug:
You know I've been following along and thanks to your report DD experienced Flights of Wonder yesterday. We both loved it so much. I also managed to snap some pics from the monorail heading into Epcot.
IMG_7936.JPG IMG_7990.JPG
And....
we got our magic shot with Olaf
IMG_7953.JPG

Hi Dee just wanted to interrupt long enough to say thanks :hug:
You know I've been following along and thanks to your report DD experienced Flights of Wonder yesterday. We both loved it so much. I also managed to snap some pics from the monorail heading into Epcot.

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU so much for taking time out of your trip to post these photos!

I am so glad you enjoyed Flights of Wonder. It is really a hidden gem, worth a few moments of your time in Animal Kingdom.

Your monorail shots are gorgeous, especially with the F&G displays. I'm guessing that the plastic tent building is the butterfly garden?

Your Olaf pose is really cute. Of course, up here away from Florida we are all doing that pose without the magic shot. :cold:

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:dogdance:

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU so much for taking time out of your trip to post these photos!

I am so glad you enjoyed Flights of Wonder. It is really a hidden gem, worth a few moments of your time in Animal Kingdom.

Your monorail shots are gorgeous, especially with the F&G displays. I'm guessing that the plastic tent building is the butterfly garden?

Your Olaf pose is really cute. Of course, up here away from Florida we are all doing that pose without the magic shot. :cold:

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:dogdance:
Yes the tent is the butterfly garden really cool.

Yes the tent is the butterfly garden really cool.

I bet!

I have not been to Disney during the Flower & Garden festival- I'll have to correct that sometime in the future.

::yes::

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everyone :shamrock:
I'll be away enjoying all the celebrations here with family and friends tomorrow so wishing you all a great time a day early:goodvibes

I trust that you had a fantastic celebration of the holiday!

:shamrock: :banana::banana::banana: :shamrock:

We Play at the ‘Bay

We returned to our room after our lunch from the Food & Wine booths.

Our plan was to head out to the pool, but first Mark wanted to download the pictures from my camera to his surface, which is Microsoft’s awesome laptop/tablet hybrid. There is no slot for an SDcard, so Mark had brought along a card reader.

Here was my second scare with my Fuji point & shoot camera- some of the pictures from the card, the ones taken before our trip, were showing up, but none of the pictures I had taken since were showing up. Mark was pretty sure he could see that there was something “there” on the card, but he couldn’t transfer anything from the card to the surface.

I was concerned about the health of my Fuji for a couple of reasons. First, I had the scare while on the plane when the camera would not power on. It seemed to be working once I charged the camera, but because of issues I have had with all of my past underwater cameras, I was concerned that this camera was dying. I was mentally kicking myself that I didn’t bring along my spare point & shoot.

But the good news was, I still had my DSLR camera and my phone, which has an excellent camera as well. The main thing I would be missing would be taking any pictures at the pool or on rides. I don’t like using my phone because of the light or the DSLR because Mark gets annoyed when I take pictures on rides and it is much easier to sneak them with my small, compact camera.

:rolleyes1

I was still optimistic that the camera was ok. Although Mark is a very talented software developer and he is my go-to on anything computer related, he doesn’t have a lot of experience with photography technology. He was skeptical when I told him I think I needed to put the card into a computer SD slot to be able to access the pictures.

I would have to wait until we got home from our trip to test that theory, but I will not leave you in suspense.

The following poolside pictures were taken with my Fuji:

We grabbed a couple of chairs near the lazy river with this view.

Mark took a couple of laps, and then I stayed in the water for a few more while he relaxed.

I got out and started to dry off.

I was intrigued with the clouds floating through the windows in the building. My Fuji doesn’t have a great zoom lens, so I couldn’t do any closeups, but here are my attempts at cropping the pictures.

DSCF1239.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1239%203.jpg

DSCF1241%202.jpg

This may come as a bit of a shock, but I have trouble sitting still for long periods of time. Mark and I took a walk over to Hurricane Hanna’s to purchase the official beverage of the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thead:

Not any of these:

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1248.jpg

The Sunken Treasure:

DSCF1249.jpg

DSCF1251.jpg

DSCF1252.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

And one special shot for a dear friend who was on my mind:

DSCF1256a.jpg

We finished our drink and went on a walkabout around the pool:

DSCF1257.jpg

We went up the stairs to the upper deck gazebo above Hurricane Hanna’s- you can usually find some available seating up there and today we found this as well.

DSCF1259.jpg

Continuing on…

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1275.jpg

And we ended up at the slide. I think Mark went back to the room while I went for a slide. I took a video and I am trying to upload it to Photobucket so I can post it here and on the thread, but I’m not having any luck so far.

DSCF1271.jpg

Video???

I met up Mark back in the room and then we got dressed in our elaborate costumes for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party- Up Next!

Last edited:
Lovely pool photos. Those clouds do look a little ominous though. Fingers crossed the rain stayed away for the party. Love that you managed to get a sunken treasure and send a special friend a message from sunny Florida :thumbsup2
I've never been upstairs at the gazebo above hurricane Hannah's but it looks great. I did wonder where the pool table had gone when we were there this past summer. Now I know :)

Last edited:
Love that pool area. Hopefully I can get back there when it is a little warmer and enjoy it more. I didn't venture upstairs when I was there so thanks for giving a look at that.

So excited for our trip and some time floating around in SAB! Can't wait to read your MNSSHP post as (although I've been in Sep before) this will be my first MNSSHP - my Mum and I can't wait! Please let me know if you have any special tips!

Dee I love all the pool shots can't wait to show DD. This will get us even more excited for our November stay.
I love the pics of the clouds through the windows very cool.
Can't wait to try the Sunken Treasure ::yes::

We went up the stairs to the upper deck gazebo above Hurricane Hanna’s- you can usually find some available seating up there and today we found this as well.
I didn't know that there was a pool table up there. I haven't been on the second floor of the gazebo in ages. I've have to check it out in May. ::yes::

I love your cloud pictures.

Lovely pool photos. Those clouds do look a little ominous though. Fingers crossed the rain stayed away for the party. Love that you managed to get a sunken treasure and send a special friend a message from sunny Florida :thumbsup2
I've never been upstairs at the gazebo above hurricane Hannah's but it looks great. I did wonder where the pool table had gone when we were there this past summer. Now I know :)

That is our "secret" spot for getting chairs if we can't find them closer to the pool. There are tables, too, so if you have food you can go up there and eat comfortably. Nice views, also.

Our friend was on my mind. I sent her a couple of messages during the trip, but didn't want to overdo it.

:grouphug:

Love that pool area. Hopefully I can get back there when it is a little warmer and enjoy it more. I didn't venture upstairs when I was there so thanks for giving a look at that.

I do hope you have another stay at the resort. The pool is so much more enjoyable when the weather is warm!

:cool2:

So excited for our trip and some time floating around in SAB! Can't wait to read your MNSSHP post as (although I've been in Sep before) this will be my first MNSSHP - my Mum and I can't wait! Please let me know if you have any special tips!

We had such a great day! Starting with an early morning at MK, lunch around the world at EP, pool time at SAB and then the Halloween party. Fall is a great time to be at Disney/Yacht & Beach!

::yes::

Dee I love all the pool shots can't wait to show DD. This will get us even more excited for our November stay.
I love the pics of the clouds through the windows very cool.
Can't wait to try the Sunken Treasure ::yes::

There is so much to do at the pool. I love all the different parts. I swam several laps around the lazy river.

I loved the way the round windows framed the clouds in the sky.

Mark and I do not drink much, but for tradition's sake, we had to split a Sunken Treasure!

:drinking1

I didn't know that there was a pool table up there. I haven't been on the second floor of the gazebo in ages. I've have to check it out in May. ::yes::

I love your cloud pictures.

As luvpoohandcompany points out- it isn't always there. First time I have seen it up there. I don't think I made it up there in Aug 2015, but we did go up in Aug 2014 and the pool table was not there at that time.

It's a nice spot, though, since it is undercover and not usually very crowded there.

Thanks! Watching the clouds distracted me and kept me in my seat at the pool for a few minutes before I needed to roam around.

:rolleyes1

I like the trick photography with the sunken treasure! The one where you're offering the lifeguard a sip? :drinking1And the one where you're about to pour it in to the pool from the upper deck!

I like the trick photography with the sunken treasure! The one where you're offering the lifeguard a sip? :drinking1And the one where you're about to pour it in to the pool from the upper deck!

Ha! I was not really trying to do any trick photography, just showcase the drink in different beautiful settings. I did notice in the one with the lifeguard that the straw almost takes the place of the umbrella pole.

:umbrella:

I'm glad you were able to get the pictures from the Fuji camera. Interesting that they were only accessible from the computer, not the card reader ... but technology is funny like that sometimes.

I really need to get myself to Stormalong Bay some day ... it looks so nice and relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!