A Magical Gettaway~ A June 2012 Mother/Daughter Trip! PTR- 7/5 Link to TR!!!!!

Hmmmm, great idea about Boma, Dave! We've rented a car (convertible!) for this trip so it'll be easy to pop over there and I do want to explore AKL! And we'll keep trying for 'Ohana! Thanks for the words of encouragement! Cross fingers!

You gals will be traveling in style with the convertible!!

Just reading your list of dining plans is making me hungry. I really need to eat something before heading out to work!

How about Boma on your resort hopping day? It'll also give you a reason to visit and tour AKL!

Don't forget to try their milkshakes at 50's Prime.

And as for Le Cellier - I'm a fan after trying it for the first time.

We got Boma for Sunday! :woohoo: I'll do an updated food plan because we've changed a couple things!

I love the milkshakes at 50's!! I had one last time, and they are yummy!!! I just can't wait to eat Disney food!!! :love:

You gals will be traveling in style with the convertible!!

Love this!! :lmao:

We got Boma for Sunday! :woohoo: I'll do an updated food plan because we've changed a couple things!
I love the milkshakes at 50's!! I had one last time, and they are yummy!!! I just can't wait to eat Disney food!!! :love:
Love this!! :lmao:

We just LOVED Boma! I think I've decided that it's my favorite Disney restaurant so far. I also wanted to try the nightvision at the Savannah outlook but we couldn't stay out that late with the kids at AKL.

AHHHH HOORAY for two extra days!! OMG...your trip is literally the same as my first trip (June 20-25) only 2 years later! That's (to me at least hahaha) so awesome!

Are yall doing the dining plan? I can't remember if you said! But on your resort hopping day you should try some fun resort restaurants! I've never been to any (besides Beaches and Cream) but everyone seems to love them! (I know, so helpful right?!!) :rotfl:

Congrats on finishing your first year of college! :cheer2: And for the new job! :cheer2: And for 2 extra Disney days! :cheer2:

The food plans sound great so far!

AHHHH HOORAY for two extra days!! OMG...your trip is literally the same as my first trip (June 20-25) only 2 years later! That's (to me at least hahaha) so awesome!

Are yall doing the dining plan? I can't remember if you said! But on your resort hopping day you should try some fun resort restaurants! I've never been to any (besides Beaches and Cream) but everyone seems to love them! (I know, so helpful right?!!) :rotfl:

That is awesome!! :lmao:

I will reveal your question's answer in the next update coming right up! ;):rolleyes: That is a good idea! We've never been to Beaches and Cream, but I'd love to try it!! I just don't know how we're going to make room for it!! :rotfl:

Congrats on finishing your first year of college! :cheer2: And for the new job! :cheer2: And for 2 extra Disney days! :cheer2:

The food plans sound great so far!

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

I'm so happy!! :dance3:

After hours of calculating and face palming due to high stress levels, Mom and I have decided that we will do the DxDP for the trip! We’ve priced out meals and made some new reservations that I am really excited about! Plus, with the DxDp we are using 2 TS credits at CP and Le Cellier which cuts down on the monstrous amount of food that comes with a dining plan. The price is only about $100 more expensive than the Basic DP, but with the DxDP, we have the availability to get some really nice restaurants. So, we have put together a pretty solid itinerary which includes our new TS restaurants!

Wednesday June 20, 2012
Arrive in MCO at 7:30 and planning to check into Pop at 9:30ish. We will have dinner at Pop’s food court. Tonight will be an early night in bed because there is NO relaxing on this vacation!

Thursday June 21, 2012
This is the first day that our dining plan starts. We will hit MK for the EMH in the morning at 8:00am after a breakfast at Pop food court. We will try to get on any rides that we can, but we don’t have a solid plan for this day because we will be visiting MK a lot this trip. We will be picking up our cute little convertible rental car this day, so we will head over to the Poly (by monorail) no later than 12:00pm. We will eat lunch at Captain Cooks QS and look around the beautiful resort before getting picked up to go to the car center to get the car at 4:00pm. After we strap into our new car for the next few days, we will go to POFQ to check in and put our luggage in our room. We now have dinner at 50s Prime Time tonight at 6:30pm, so we will drive over to DHS for the evening. After dinner, we will walk around and do what we can in the park until we go get a spot for Fantasmic! which starts at 9:00pm.

Friday June 22, 2012
Today we will do rope drop at DHS at 9:00am. We will do the dash to get FPs for TSM of course, and if the standby time is short enough, we will hop in line for a ride. We will then hustle over to ToT and see what the standby is like and ride it. Then we will check the wait time for RnRC, but if the line is too long it is not a must-do for us. At this time, we will be looking for breakfast either at Starring Rolls or another QS we see. Then, depending on the time of our FP return, we will either ride TSM then or go on Star Tours and Great Movie Ride first. By 1:00pm we will head over to Epcot for the afternoon. We will check wait time on Soarin’ and Mission Space, but I’m sure the FPs will be gone and wait times will be too long. After a ride on Spaceship Earth and some browsing in shops, we will check in for our Le Cellier ADR which is at 2:40pm. Then we will walk off our lunch by exploring the countries until we become hungry again for a late dinner at Morocco’s Tangierine Café. We plan to stay for Illuminations at 9:00pm, and if we are up for it, MK has evening EMH that we may attend.

Saturday June 23, 2012
Today is our full Magic Kingdom day! We have breakfast at CP this morning at 8:25am. After breakfast we will head left and do Adventureland and Frontierland and come back through, getting a Dole Whip on the way to Fantasyland. We will ride all the rides we want- I am leaving this open on purpose. Then move into Tomorrowland and hit those rides. After we’re done, we’ll get a spot on Main Street for the parade which starts at 3:00pm. We want to be toward the exit, so we can easily scoot out when it’s over. We will take either the boat or monorail to the Contemporary to eat at Contempo Café for lunch. After lunch, we will explore the three wonderful MK resorts and their grounds. Later that evening, we will head back to MK for the evening, probably eating at a QS restaurant for a small dinner. We have the Wishes Dessert Party that night at 9:00pm, so we will stay for the fireworks and head back to the room to crash into bed.

Sunday June 24, 2012
Today is a non-park, very laid back, and relaxing day. We will have a small breakfast at POFQ food court, and drive to DTD before they open at 9:30am. We will spend the morning shopping, and eat lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express before leaving to drop off our cute car. We will take the shuttle from the car center to AKL to explore before our dinner ADR at Boma at 5:50pm!! I’m really excited about this because I’ve never tried it before. It looks delicious! Then we plan to just head back to the resort for some relaxing pool time and packing before our last night in Disney!!

Monday June 25, 2012
Today is our last day in Disney, and we plan to check out in the morning before hitting rope drop at Epcot at 9:00am, get Soarin’ FPs, and breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. If the FP window is up, we will ride Soarin’, if not, we will play it by ear and explore Future World until it is. Then we will tour the World Showcase and shop until our lunch ADR at Chefs de France at 12:00!! I’m so excited to try this restaurant too! Then, sadly, it will be time to go back to the hotel to get on ME to go the airport for our flight which leaves at 7:30pm.

Ahhhhh I can’t wait!!!!!!! :cool1: We are going to eat so much food and will be going nonstop! It definitely won’t be our most relaxing vacation ever, but I’m ok with that! I just can’t wait to be in Disney and eating Disney food!!! Yummm!!!

I love our itinerary and I'm taking vitamins and pumping up for our own Disney marathon! :lmao: We're going to have sooooo much fun!!! :yay:

Sounds like such an awesome trip! Great idea to do signature restaurants so you can go to less places! I've heard of some people going to 3 ADRs in one day and I just don't know how it's possible! Good Lord. I think I would literally explode. WHEW! Hahaha anyways yay!!

Emma, wasn't sure from based on how you worded in your posting but just in case, Crystal Palace and Le Cellier lunch are one TS credit each and not 2.

Yum! Looks like a great plan :) Will be happy to hear how you liked Boma....we have an ADR there for the first time in July. Looking forward to it!

I love our itinerary and I'm taking vitamins and pumping up for our own Disney marathon! :lmao: We're going to have sooooo much fun!!! :yay:

I can't wait!! :goodvibes

Hmmm, why is it everytime I read your PTR, I find myself extremely hungry?? :lmao:

Your plan looks great!

:rotfl: Oh, I have been reading over these menus, and I just can't stop changing my mind on what to get! It all looks sooooo good!!!

Oh, I know! I'm already jonesing for those white-chocolate-covered-mini-M&M-covered Mickey rice krispie treats from DTD! ;)

:goodvibes YUM!!!!

Sounds like such an awesome trip! Great idea to do signature restaurants so you can go to less places! I've heard of some people going to 3 ADRs in one day and I just don't know how it's possible! Good Lord. I think I would literally explode. WHEW! Hahaha anyways yay!!

Thank you! I can't wait! We've actually added some more TS restaurants after learning Le Cellier lunch is only 1 TS credit. I know I'm going to explode by Monday after the trip!! :rotfl2:

Emma, wasn't sure from based on how you worded in your posting but just in case, Crystal Palace and Le Cellier lunch are one TS credit each and not 2.

Yes!! Thank you so much for letting us know! We're able to book a couple more TS restaurants now! :hyper:

Yum! Looks like a great plan :) Will be happy to hear how you liked Boma....we have an ADR there for the first time in July. Looking forward to it!

Thank you!! I'm very excited to try Boma! It's looks very different, but also very yummy!! :goodvibes

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
We had a phenomenal brunch at a local restaurant that does a Mother's Day and Easter brunch every year. We usually do the Mother's Day one (it's WAY bigger than the Easter one). I'm talkin' a HUGE buffet!! Finger foods, fruits, a waffle station, an omelet station, prime rib carving station, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, pot stickers, pastries, even a salad bar, and a GINORMOUS dessert table! O.M.G. We stuff ourselves so full every year, always saying we won't do that to ourselves again. ;) I wish I had taken pictures today, but it is definitely comparable to ANY Disney buffet! I'm serious! :laughing: It was amazing. Ok, enough blabbering about our delicious brunch...let's talk about more food!!!!! :rotfl:

Ok, so we've updated the dining schedule yet AGAIN!!

On Thursday after a couple hours at MK morning EMH, we will head to POFQ to check in so we can start the DP since it starts our first night at POFQ (and not the night before at Pop). We have an 12:35 ADR at....drumroll please....

:rockband:

KONA CAFE!!!!!!!! :banana: I'm really excited to try lunch here! We've had the Tonga Toast at breakfast, but never tried their lunch menu! Then we will explore the resort until we leave to pick up our rental car at 4:00pm :drive:. Then we will have a DHS evening as planned previously with dinner at 50's Prime Time.

The only other change is on Saturday where we have a MK day until 3:30pm (after the parade). We have an early dinner/late lunch 4:30 ADR at...... 1900 Park Fare!! Another new one for us! I'm excited to try the food and meet the characters!! :goodvibes We will then have time to spare until our Wishes Dessert Party at 9:00pm. :thumbsup2

Other than that, our plans are pretty much the same as detailed above.

I'm so excited! :hyper: It is going to be soooo much fun!! 38 days and counting!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oh yeah! If anyone knows of any good templates to use for day planning for our trip (maybe something we can customize with pictures??) we would greatly appreciate it if you let us know where to find it! I'm an organizer freak, and I'm DYING with all my loose paper shoved in my notebook full of scratchings! :rotfl: I need to type or write out our plans and reservations neatly or else I'm going to go insane!! :rotfl: I'd like to be able to save it too, especially if I was able to customize it with our pictures! :goodvibes

Very nice change of plans! I really want to go to 1900 someday so I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

We ordered Kona items for lunch through private dining at the Poly and enjoyed it a lot. Fish tacos and the burger were good :thumbsup2

We also did 1900 PF for first time and had a blast with Anastasia and Drizella. Make sure to have some conversation strarters prepared for them to make things interesting.

Y'alls plans sound great! Y'all have some great restaurants picked out! I really want to do DXDP one day. Maybe when Reid gets a little older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter