A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

Great tips and advice for a DLR/CA 1st timer!! Been to WDW more times than fingers and toes can count, but we are finally going too Walts park in Feb and can't wait!!
....soooooo, how was it? Was it everything and MORE?

....I wonder why....:confused3

It's not how they are set up. They are completely different than Disneyworld. You can use the app for wait times, link your ticket and scan in the app to enter the parks, use it for making fastpass if you have Maxpass, photopass, mobile ordering. But it has nothing to do with your hotel. You can't do online check in. Your tickets are waiting at your hotel if you book a package, so there is no need to have the hotel linked.
No dining plans, so no need to check that info either. No magic bands, so again, no need to link the package.

....I wonder why....:confused3
It's not how they are set up. They are completely different than Disneyworld. You can use the app for wait times, link your ticket and scan in the app to enter the parks, use it for making fastpass if you have Maxpass, photopass, mobile ordering. But it has nothing to do with your hotel. You can't do online check in. Your tickets are waiting at your hotel if you book a package, so there is no need to have the hotel linked.
No dining plans, so no need to check that info either. No magic bands, so again, no need to link the package.
Also no way to use alternate methods to access you hotel room - no Magic Bands or using your phone on your door if you happen to be staying onsite, and if you are offsite nothing there either. I don't think WDW links hotel for offsite either. But DLR only has 3 hotels so most guests are staying offsite.

:wizard:

Does the California pass stil include Disneyland?
What is a California Pass?

https://www.citypass.com/southern-californiaIts a discount ticket for multiple themeparks in California. Its aimed at tourists and they bundle the big names like Disney and Universal with Legoland etc.

Currently the themeparks included are
  1. Disneyland
  2. Universal Studios
  3. Seaworld
  4. Lego Land
  5. San Diego Zoo and Safari Park
If you are planning to visit all of those places , then the combined Citypass ticket would be better value then getting individual tickets to the themeparks.

@HydroGuy thank you! If you are still floating around the forums I would love to hear your take on Genie+. We had a wonderful experience with in at WDW last trip but curious how well it works with park hopping.

@HydroGuy thank you! If you are still floating around the forums I would love to hear your take on Genie+. We had a wonderful experience with in at WDW last trip but curious how well it works with park hopping.
Not Hydroguy, but used Genie+ on my last 2 trips to DLR and love it! Unlike WDW there are more attractions, and with park hoppers it means you can effectively stack your evening in the second park easily. From everything I have heard from friends and family Genie+ is a different animal (easier/better/you choose your descriptor) at DLR. If you had a good experience at WDW you are golden.

Not Hydroguy, but used Genie+ on my last 2 trips to DLR and love it! Unlike WDW there are more attractions, and with park hoppers it means you can effectively stack your evening in the second park easily. From everything I have heard from friends and family Genie+ is a different animal (easier/better/you choose your descriptor) at DLR. If you had a good experience at WDW you are golden.
Thank you! Can I ask what you're touring style is? I know that you can book passes after 1:00 p.m. for the opposite park you're not in. Did you mostly stay in one park in the morning and then start hopping after the 1:00 p.m. mark?

Thank you! Can I ask what you're touring style is? I know that you can book passes after 1:00 p.m. for the opposite park you're not in. Did you mostly stay in one park in the morning and then start hopping after the 1:00 p.m. mark?
Yup, I am a park hopper at DLR (not at WDW, transportation yikes!) I was there last week and we started in DL and used Genie+ for immediate returns on Indiana and Big Thunder, waiting in line for others and then stacked our returns for both DL and DCA that evening. Park hopping is super easy at DLR. We usually take a mid day break around lunch and hop around 4:00 or so if staying for evening entertainment and rides after the crowds thin - I find I need that stimulation break!

One big difference for Genie+ at DLR is you have to enter the park to book your first return (I feel this also helps with the number of options as people can‘t book them from their home/hotel, etc.) So keep that in mind if you have a late arrival, etc.

I used G+ at WDW a few weeks ago. I cannot say anything about DLR G+. It sounds a lot like like the old DLR MaxPass which I did use and liked.

On the WDW MDE app Disney has a lot of kinks in their system that is making a lot of folks really angry. If you read the WDW forum there is a lot of negative press for G+ and WDW right now.

At WDW I used their FP+ a number of times. If G+ worked properly I think it is a better option than FP+ for WDW. G+ worked great for us at MK. It was frustrating for DHS because they are letting too many people into the park and there is not enough to do to spread people out.

I used G+ at WDW a few weeks ago. I cannot say anything about DLR G+. It sounds a lot like like the old DLR MaxPass which I did use and liked.

On the WDW MDE app Disney has a lot of kinks in their system that is making a lot of folks really angry. If you read the WDW forum there is a lot of negative press for G+ and WDW right now.

At WDW I used their FP+ a number of times. If G+ worked properly I think it is a better option than FP+ for WDW. G+ worked great for us at MK. It was frustrating for DHS because they are letting too many people into the park and there is not enough to do to spread people out.
So good to see you back on this board! You have been missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!