7am EMH at Magic Kingdom

Oh wow, I don't know! They definitely did the welcome show at 6:50 when we were there. I wonder if they do it again at 7:50 before regular park hours???

They only do the MK Welcome Show once per day.
They USED to only perform it for the AM EMH crowds on AM EMH days, and NOT for the regular hours crowds.

But NOW, with the new changes to MK opening,
They NOW to only perform it for the regular hours crowds.

They USED to only perform it for the AM EMH crowds on AM EMH days, and NOT for the regular hours crowds.

I thought that I had read that somewhere but I was just about to go searching for confirmation! Thanks for chiming in!

I wouldn't have thought of that, @McKelly, thanks for the tip! It makes sense that they would be cleaning the streets in the morning. It would not be good for us to wipe out on our first day - we're middle aged and do not bounce back quickly anymore, lol!

You can't beat a 7am EMH at MK. You can get so much done in the first couple of hours. It is my favorite time because everything is a walk-on. Just posted something similar in another thread, but my touring plan for Sat. 4/15 has us completing 17 attractions (including 30 mins on TS Island) before taking a resort break around 12:30.

We did 7 am EMH on Christmas Day at Mk and got so much done met Minnie, Mickey, Tinkerbell, multiple pictures in front of castle, rode barnstormer, dumbo, pooh, carousel, met daisy, Donald, goofy and then started our Fp around 930 we thought it was totally worth it

We did 7am opening last week while we were there--March 18th maybe? It was amazing. Dark when we arrived. We rode everything! Lost count of all the rides we did before 9:00. We were on the POR bus around 6:20, arrived at MK at 6:30. Did not let us past the turnstiles until 6:55.

We did 7am opening last week while we were there--March 18th maybe? It was amazing. Dark when we arrived. We rode everything! Lost count of all the rides we did before 9:00. We were on the POR bus around 6:20, arrived at MK at 6:30. Did not let us past the turnstiles until 6:55.

:banana:

Was there a "crowd" waiting for rope drop that early?

Hmm, I did mean 7:55 because I thought that the new welcome show happened before the regular opening, not before EMH, but I'm sure I'm mistaken since you were just there and I'm not completely familiar with the new procedures - I need to reread the new opening thread! But I'm glad you corrected me as that's good to know, hopefully we'll catch the show! Thanks!
The welcome show used to be before EMH when it was at the train station but now it is not.

ETA: I should read all the responses before I reply...lol.

@OhMari , there's a 2am close later in the week - I've never done a really late night because of my kids but we're going to give it a shot - I don't think we'll make it to 2, however!
You will be surprised how fast time goes. You don't have to deal with the sun, heat. Me and my sisters, did some characters and not many people take the time to do that, so characters will take time and chat with you. We took a picture under the clock on Main Street to prove that we stayed out late. I think that trip was one of the most memorial of all the trips I have ever taken. It is just so different.

You will be surprised how fast time goes. You don't have to deal with the sun, heat. Me and my sisters, did some characters and not many people take the time to do that, so characters will take time and chat with you. We took a picture under the clock on Main Street to prove that we stayed out late. I think that trip was one of the most memorial of all the trips I have ever taken. It is just so different.

This is a sister trip too! It's funny, though, because things are lining up nicely for us. Now with how Disney waits to extend hours, etc., we kind of had to schedule things without knowing all the information, but some things have fallen into place. We had already planned on a more open evening that night, and our "late" morning the next day. Our other sister is not as into the rides (and she has to do some work during the trip), so our plan is to do what she chooses for the evening - World Showcase snacking, lounges, etc., - then she can go back to the hotel and we'll head to MK for as long as we last! Then, like I said, we already planned on a lazy morning, since following day we're doing the afternoon/evening in AK for Rivers of light!

That's a great idea to do M&Gs! Hadn't wanted to spend time on that during regular hours, but that would be super fun!

Yes, and it was larger than I expected! I think a huge majority headed for 7DMT. We went to Space Mtn.

I've been thinking about that and playing around with touring plans. My sister won't do Space, so I would love to sneak it in there when it's quiet, but then I feel like I'd rather spend the time concentrating on Fantasyland and maybe getting an extra ride on 7DMT (we have a fp for later in the week). I know the time will go fast!

This has me a bit reassured.

Our last day (Wednesday before Easter) is a 7am EMH too. I was so afraid the whole day would be awful crowds be we have to go to MK on our last day! We will be at Contemporary at the end of our trip so it will be a nice walk over. My kids are usually early risers but I may have to wake them up on this day. I was planning to leave our tower room at 6:30 which should get us to MK by 6:45. Is that early enough? (We usually arrive much more in advance of RD) Maybe I have to push that a bit earlier.

We will cram in as much as we can until our late breakfast at CP 10:30. Then I'm hoping to spend the afternoon with our fp and shopping Main Street. We need to head back to CR around 5 for our 6-ish ME pick up.

! As a bonus, it was still dark when we arrived so the kids could use their light-up toys even in the morning. Ha!!
Ooo, great idea!
I just checked and sunrise is 7:03am. So we might not have dark for too long.

Don't forget that only fantasyland and toMorrowland are open for EMH.
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot what was open.

This has me a bit reassured.

Our last day (Wednesday before Easter) is a 7am EMH too. I was so afraid the whole day would be awful crowds be we have to go to MK on our last day! We will be at Contemporary at the end of our trip so it will be a nice walk over. My kids are usually early risers but I may have to wake them up on this day. I was planning to leave our tower room at 6:30 which should get us to MK by 6:45. Is that early enough? (We usually arrive much more in advance of RD) Maybe I have to push that a bit earlier.

We will cram in as much as we can until our late breakfast at CP 10:30. Then I'm hoping to spend the afternoon with our fp and shopping Main Street. We need to head back to CR around 5 for our 6-ish ME pick up.

Ooo, great idea!
I just checked and sunrise is 7:03am. So we might not have dark for too long.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot what was open.
The timing should be okay. Just be careful crossing the street over to the MK. I wish they would make that a safer area to cross. Or just hop on the mono-rail.

Ive been curious about this, so for a MK EMH the park is open about 7:50 or so (for a regular 9 am open day) for anyone who can take part in EMH, but what time are non EMH guests allowed in? Are they held anywhere? Does anyone actually stop for a welcome show at the hub rather than racing to their favorite attraction?

Ive been curious about this, so for a MK EMH the park is open about 7:50 or so (for a regular 9 am open day) for anyone who can take part in EMH, but what time are non EMH guests allowed in? Are they held anywhere? Does anyone actually stop for a welcome show at the hub rather than racing to their favorite attraction?
It's a bit complex.
Gates open at 7:50.
At that time, NOT everyone can enter.
WDW resort guests can enter, (both the gates and Fantasyland & Tomorrowland) because
most of them arrive at the MK gates
via Disney buses.
Non-resort guests are HELD/DELAYED at TTC.
As it gets closer to reg. Hours, they start sending over TTC guests.
They can enter Main St. but they will be held at the Hub.
MK Welcome show starts about 7 min. till.
Hub bridges are opened to all.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter