• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7am EMH at Magic Kingdom

TheFloatingBear

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'm traveling in April the week after Easter, and the MK hours have recently expanded and there are 7am EMHs in MK most days that we're there.

While I have done many a rope drop (although not with the new opening procedures) and 8am EMHs, I have never been there for a 7am.

Is it as awesome as I imagine? Or is the awesomeness tempered by the heavier holiday crowds that one would expect when the hours are extended in this way, making it more like an 8am? Have there been any yet since the new opening procedures? Any feedback or tips appreciated! Thanks!

We were at MK on December 22, and went through the gates at about 7:01, so I can't address the opening show, but it was awesome! I would say crowds were very light until 9 or so. We just rode ride after ride, and left by 10:30 because we had done everything we wanted. My family was totally complaining on the way there, but agreed that it was absolutely worth the early wake up.

I think 7 is just too early for lots of people. It seemed less busy to us from 7-8 than it did for the 8-9 EMH in the late summer, even though those crowds were overall smaller. Plus, the sun was coming up, and it was really beautiful. Different lighting than in the evening.

We were at MK on December 22, and went through the gates at about 7:01, so I can't address the opening show, but it was awesome! I would say crowds were very light until 9 or so. We just rode ride after ride, and left by 10:30 because we had done everything we wanted. My family was totally complaining on the way there, but agreed that it was absolutely worth the early wake up.

I think 7 is just too early for lots of people. It seemed less busy to us from 7-8 than it did for the 8-9 EMH in the late summer, even though those crowds were overall smaller. Plus, the sun was coming up, and it was really beautiful. Different lighting than in the evening.

I was hoping the early time would scare more people off. Sounds fantastic! It's an adult trip, so I don't need to worry about getting my kids up and out, so we should be fine. I'm traveling with my sister - we tacked on an extra day to our trip with our other sister, splurged on the Contemporary, so we'll be able to walk over! I'm so excited!! I hadn't thought about the morning light but I bet it will be beautiful! Thanks!

Yes, we also did it the week before Christmas, and it was very quiet - got some nice pics. As PP mentioned, many will not get up for 7 - w/DD12 we didn't even make it till 7:30 w/getting her out of bed! I am not a morning person, but it is so worth it at WDW!:earsboy:

We did 7am EMH every other day during our Easter trip in 2015. It was great! As a bonus, it was still dark when we arrived so the kids could use their light-up toys even in the morning. Ha!! We were able to get so much done in those first few mornings.

Wow! I've never seen a 7am EMH! Is that a new thing? Only certain times of year?

I'm no expert, but from what I've read, sometimes they pop up for peak/holiday periods. Disney seems to finalize/extend hours later these days than they used to - more like a month out, so like I said, the hours weren't extended until last week maybe? This will be the third year in a row that we've done the third week of April, and this is the first time there has been 7am EMH (to the best of my memory), however, this is the first time it's coincided with Easter.

We did 7am EMH every other day during our Easter trip in 2015. It was great! As a bonus, it was still dark when we arrived so the kids could use their light-up toys even in the morning. Ha!! We were able to get so much done in those first few mornings.

I'm so glad my sister and I added this extra day. Our other days, it may be harder to swing, but that day it will be perfect, and like I mentioned, we're at the CR, so we can just walk over! I'll have to look to see what time sunrise is!

I am there the same week, but staying at AKL. What time will the buses to MK start on the 7 a.m. EMH days?

Thanks for the reply. Gives me some idea of what to plan for.

Like I said, that's just my guess, but I would imagine that they need to provide transportation from the resorts if they are providing EMHs - seems logical! The front desk should know! I tried to do a quick looksee on the transportation forum but didn't find anything definitive!

I'm no expert, but from what I've read, sometimes they pop up for peak/holiday periods. Disney seems to finalize/extend hours later these days than they used to - more like a month out, so like I said, the hours weren't extended until last week maybe? This will be the third year in a row that we've done the third week of April, and this is the first time there has been 7am EMH (to the best of my memory), however, this is the first time it's coincided with Easter.
Gotcha! Thanks :)

Here are my boys waiting for 7am opening. Still very dark!

2nq87yf.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my boys waiting for 7am opening. Still very dark!

2nq87yf.jpg

Lol! Looks like you're getting ready to call it a night, not like you're waiting to start your day! Seriously getting excited for it! Trying to figure out our plan - my sister won't do Space Mountain, so I'm thinking we'll go to fantasyland first for an hour or so, then head down to tomorrowland for SM. She can double up on Buzz!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter