7am EMH at Magic Kingdom

We use to do DL, now we do both and what we miss at MK is the 7 am opening. We are usually up and ready before 7 and have to find things to do, can't take farm life out of this girl. We love getting four or five rides before there is any line, and then another 5 rides before there is a 10 minute wait. In DL we can get all of fantasyland done in an hour, and that's a lot, that's 11 rides, I think is Matterhorn Fantasyland , I think so. We have even done all of fantasyland and most of tomorrowland before park opening. Can't say what it is like at MK since we have never been able to do it there, but I would jump on it in a minute since most people with little kids can't get them up and ready that early, and many families just won't get up that early when on vacation.

We did the 7am EMH last Friday. It was good. We rode Space Mountain x2, buzz x2 and the speedway before we headed to frontier land at 8 am to ride thunder 2x and splash x4 before 9:30. It was our first park day so we were well rested. The 5:30 wake up call was EARLY!! We walked from Shades to ride the 6:30 am monorail from the Poly. Had it not been our first day, I'm not sure we would have make it. We have done Disney after dark many times, but this was the first time doing Disney before dawn!!

We use to do DL, now we do both and what we miss at MK is the 7 am opening. We are usually up and ready before 7 and have to find things to do, can't take farm life out of this girl. We love getting four or five rides before there is any line, and then another 5 rides before there is a 10 minute wait. In DL we can get all of fantasyland done in an hour, and that's a lot, that's 11 rides, I think is Matterhorn Fantasyland , I think so. We have even done all of fantasyland and most of tomorrowland before park opening. Can't say what it is like at MK since we have never been able to do it there, but I would jump on it in a minute since most people with little kids can't get them up and ready that early, and many families just won't get up that early when on vacation.

My sister and I are both early birds, and since I'm used to having to get my kids ready, in sure we'll be up and out the door early! It was a last minute decision to tack on this extra day, and we debated staying at the CR, but now I'm so glad we are - it will make it very easy. I hope we're as successful as you've been in DL!

We did the 7am EMH last Friday. It was good. We rode Space Mountain x2, buzz x2 and the speedway before we headed to frontier land at 8 am to ride thunder 2x and splash x4 before 9:30. It was our first park day so we were well rested. The 5:30 wake up call was EARLY!! We walked from Shades to ride the 6:30 am monorail from the Poly. Had it not been our first day, I'm not sure we would have make it. We have done Disney after dark many times, but this was the first time doing Disney before dawn!!
Wow! Splash 4x! I hadn't though about frontierland....need to think through our plan! It's our first park morning too. We're changing hotels after and meeting up with our other sister, so we have our FPs at our afternoon park. So, it's as many rides as we can squeeze in for 2 hours!

ETA: we're walking, so I'm thinking we can sleep in until 5:45!

My sister and I are both early birds, and since I'm used to having to get my kids ready, in sure we'll be up and out the door early! It was a last minute decision to tack on this extra day, and we debated staying at the CR, but now I'm so glad we are - it will make it very easy. I hope we're as successful as you've been in DL!

Didn't say all families, people use to say OMG when I would say my kids wake at 5, but I loved it each year we went to DL. I'm a nanny and I have all the kids up by 6, moms always complain until they get use to weekend schedule and find out how much more they can get done since kids take two naps even at 5.

Didn't say all families, people use to say OMG when I would say my kids wake at 5, but I loved it each year we went to DL. I'm a nanny and I have all the kids up by 6, moms always complain until they get use to weekend schedule and find out how much more they can get done since kids take two naps even at 5.
I'm sorry, I didn't say you did? We always rope drop with our kids, it's just one is a natural early bird and the other a night owl, so it's tough for one or the other on either end. My point was I only need to worry getting myself out the door this time around, so should speed up the process!

My guess is 6 or 6:15, but maybe someone else has first hand experience?

We hit MK for 7 am EMH twice during Christmas in December. The bus arrived at just after 6:20 both days. We didn't make it to the park until maybe 6:50 (from CBR). One of the days, we were there just in time for the welcome show and the other day we were getting our bags checked during the show.

We loved it though. We did pretty much all of Tomorrow land one of the days before 8:30. The other day we got a few rides done before 8 in Fantasy land, and then went to Adventure land at 8 and got all of that land done by 10. Between 7-11 we got TONS done. Then we had lunch at 11, and then took a break. I would highly recommend it!

I've never been to MK so early that it's still dark. It was so weird! But magical.

IMG_5450web.jpg

We hit MK for 7 am EMH twice during Christmas in December. The bus arrived at just after 6:20 both days. We didn't make it to the park until maybe 6:50 (from CBR). One of the days, we were there just in time for the welcome show and the other day we were getting our bags checked during the show.

We loved it though. We did pretty much all of Tomorrow land one of the days before 8:30. The other day we got a few rides done before 8 in Fantasy land, and then went to Adventure land at 8 and got all of that land done by 10. Between 7-11 we got TONS done. Then we had lunch at 11, and then took a break. I would highly recommend it!

I've never been to MK so early that it's still dark. It was so weird! But magical.

View attachment 227029

That picture is so adorable! I've never been during the holidays - the castle looks fantastic behind the kids! So, was the welcome show at 7:55ish?

That picture is so adorable! I've never been during the holidays - the castle looks fantastic behind the kids! So, was the welcome show at 7:55ish?

I'm guessing you mean 6:55 ;) but yeah, the welcome show was around 6:50. I'm not sure if things will be different now with the welcome show inside the park.

Well, if you did it at Christmas, which is about as busy as you can get, and it was amazing, I'm sure Easter will be similar! Good to know!

Yeah, we were there Christmas week one year and crowds were nuts. Very doable with 7am open though. I know we must have gotten there prob about 45+mins before rope drop because we were at the front of the crowd. We were right up front at the tunnel under the train station (gave up on seeing the welcome show).

My kids even made it to practically the front of the line for 7DMT (then had to hold up to wait for my father who strolled up). We were on the 3rd or 4th train? I was surprised since my father moved at strolling speed (and this was when 7DMT was still super new).

I'm guessing you mean 6:55 ;) but yeah, the welcome show was around 6:50. I'm not sure if things will be different now with the welcome show inside the park.
Hmm, I did mean 7:55 because I thought that the new welcome show happened before the regular opening, not before EMH, but I'm sure I'm mistaken since you were just there and I'm not completely familiar with the new procedures - I need to reread the new opening thread! But I'm glad you corrected me as that's good to know, hopefully we'll catch the show! Thanks!

Yeah, we were there Christmas week one year and crowds were nuts. Very doable with 7am open though. I know we must have gotten there prob about 45+mins before rope drop because we were at the front of the crowd. We were right up front at the tunnel under the train station (gave up on seeing the welcome show).

My kids even made it to practically the front of the line for 7DMT (then had to hold up to wait for my father who strolled up). We were on the 3rd or 4th train? I was surprised since my father moved at strolling speed (and this was when 7DMT was still super new).
We have an fp for 7DMT later in the week, but hoping we can get on it that morning too!

Hmm, I did mean 7:55 because I thought that the new welcome show happened before the regular opening, not before EMH, but I'm sure I'm mistaken since you were just there and I'm not completely familiar with the new procedures - I need to reread the new opening thread! But I'm glad you corrected me as that's good to know, hopefully we'll catch the show! Thanks!

Oh wow, I don't know! They definitely did the welcome show at 6:50 when we were there. I wonder if they do it again at 7:50 before regular park hours???

Oh wow, I don't know! They definitely did the welcome show at 6:50 when we were there. I wonder if they do it again at 7:50 before regular park hours???

I'm kinda hoping so - I want to see it but probably wouldn't double back from a land...i will take a look at the new opening procedure thread in the morning and report back, lol!

Wow! Splash 4x! I hadn't though about frontierland....need to think through our plan! It's our first park morning too. We're changing hotels after and meeting up with our other sister, so we have our FPs at our afternoon park. So, it's as many rides as we can squeeze in for 2 hours!

ETA: we're walking, so I'm thinking we can sleep in until 5:45!

Don't forget that only fantasyland and toMorrowland are open for EMH.

We stayed at CR over thanksgiving and loved it! You won't be disappointed!

Don't forget that only fantasyland and toMorrowland are open for EMH.

We stayed at CR over thanksgiving and loved it! You won't be disappointed!
We have been going for a few years around Easter time, and most years they had a 7 a.m. EMH. You can get so much done. One year we did Buzz like a few times before a line formed and it was only 7:30 a.m. We usually stay till around 1:30, eat a late lunch, we rest up and come back around 7:00. Sometimes the park closes late like 1 or 2 a.m. But we usually are done at midnight.

We did 7 a.m. emh on our first trip Easter week 2015. We did all of Fantasyland (well all that we wanted to) and then enjoyed some cinnamon buns at Gaston's Tavern. It was a perfect morning and because it was my first trip I was like what's all this big crowd hub bub about? Lol! I absolutely love it because my boys and I are up at 5 every day. Usually when we vacation we're bored in the hotel room for 3 hours before we can do anything. This was perfect for us.

@skuttle - thanks, I was thinking about at 8am - we only have a couple of hours so hadn't considered heading that way at regular opening time or sticking to fantasy and tomorrowland!

@teachmedis, that sounds awesome! My sister hasn't been to Disney since the '90s so she really wanted to go to BOG, so we're going to head there at 9:15 - I'm thinking we can get a lot done from 7-9!

We always hit up the 7am openings when we go at Xmas. It's great, very low crowds. Just a word of caution though, the walkways can get slippery. I don't know if it's because they have recently cleaned the streets or because of the dew, but my we slipped several times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter