7am EMH at Magic Kingdom

We visited Easter week 2015 and loved the 7:00am EMH at MK. We managed to get through Fantasyland, Circus, Tomorrowland and Haunted Mansion by 11:30am-12:00pm, then used FP for BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and Pirates. We were done by 4pm (including watching the 3:00pm parade). We did this twice in the week.

We did two 7am EMH for our Easter week. Once we went straight to Tomorrowland and pretty much knocked it out. The next one we went straight to Fantasyland and got a lot done there, including character meets, as well. It really freed up our FPs because we saved them and used them for stuff in Adventureland and Frontierland. By mid afternoon we headed back to WL to swim when the crowds picked up, then went back later in the evening. We also did a 7am EMH at AK.

We are going week after Easter this year, but it's just me and DH. No kids! We are skipping 7am EMH this time around, but will try to see how long we can last on the Wednesday with the 2am closing!

We did two 7am EMH for our Easter week. Once we went straight to Tomorrowland and pretty much knocked it out. The next one we went straight to Fantasyland and got a lot done there, including character meets, as well. It really freed up our FPs because we saved them and used them for stuff in Adventureland and Frontierland. By mid afternoon we headed back to WL to swim when the crowds picked up, then went back later in the evening. We also did a 7am EMH at AK.

We are going week after Easter this year, but it's just me and DH. No kids! We are skipping 7am EMH this time around, but will try to see how long we can last on the Wednesday with the 2am closing!

We'll have to leave by 10ish to check out of CL and meet our other sister and change resorts. I'm thinking we'll focus on fantasyland and hopefully hit space and buzz. We'll save the other side for another day! 7am EMH at AK sounds lovely - i love it there in the morning!

Maybe we'll see you at that 2am Wednesday night - we plan to be there! Bring on some iced coffee!

We did 7am EMH at MK last spring break (a week before Easter Sunday) and it was awesome. There were only moderate crowd (can't compare to any other MK opening crowd) and once the park opened, everyone disbursed through the park so the park actually felt like really empty first hour. We caught bus at 6:15 and there was only one other family got on from the Epcot resort bus which stopped at Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, and Boardwalk. We got every ride we wanted to get done by 11am using our FP and got out of MK when it was getting crowded. We looked like oddballs getting out of the park when everybody else was coming in.

We are actually going the same week this year and planning on doing the same thing again.

Oh man I really want to try and do 7am EMH at MK but it's our last day in the parks. DH and our older son are early birds but the toddler and I are night owls. Lol.

Seriously, that makes it tough! DH and DD are early birds, DS is a night owl - I can do both but am fairly useless during mid-afternoon, lol! But it's tough with the two of them, because we're always working against one of their natural inclinations! If we try to do a night show, she's a crabby piece of luggage, but we always need to blast him out if bed for rope drop but she's always bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Fortunately, I'm leaving them both at home for this trip so I'll be good to go, lol!

Seriously, that makes it tough! DH and DD are early birds, DS is a night owl - I can do both but am fairly useless during mid-afternoon, lol! But it's tough with the two of them, because we're always working against one of their natural inclinations! If we try to do a night show, she's a crabby piece of luggage, but we always need to blast him out if bed for rope drop but she's always bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Fortunately, I'm leaving them both at home for this trip so I'll be good to go, lol!

Is it still worth going even if we don't get there until 7:30 or 8am? We have a FP for 7D around 9am that day. It will als be our 3rd day in MK over an 8 night trip and really focusing on Frontierland and Adventureland the rest of that morning.

We did 7am EMH at MK last spring break (a week before Easter Sunday) and it was awesome. There were only moderate crowd (can't compare to any other MK opening crowd) and once the park opened, everyone disbursed through the park so the park actually felt like really empty first hour. We caught bus at 6:15 and there was only one other family got on from the Epcot resort bus which stopped at Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, and Boardwalk. We got every ride we wanted to get done by 11am using our FP and got out of MK when it was getting crowded. We looked like oddballs getting out of the park when everybody else was coming in.

We are actually going the same week this year and planning on doing the same thing again.

Smart oddballs! Seems pretty consistent that it's worth it to catch the 7am if possible!

Is it still worth going even if we don't get there until 7:30 or 8am? We have a FP for 7D around 9am that day. It will als be our 3rd day in MK over an 8 night trip and really focusing on Frontierland and Adventureland the rest of that morning.

I've read some recommendations say not to do EMH unless you get there right at the start, but judging from the replies here, the earlier hour seems to make a difference in attendance. Since you already have the FP and are going to end up there soon enough anyway, it seems to me the earlier you get the jump, the better? You'll probably get in at least a couple of extra fantasyland rides, I would think.

That would be great. I don't plan on hitting any EMH next month but curious to know the process in case i do

I was looking at the March and April calendars and I think the first 7am EMH is Monday, April 10th (the week before Easter). I didn't see any in March but I looked quickly and could be mistaken. I don't think there have been any yet since the new opening procedures but I could have missed one around President's Day? I'll be hoping for some reports that week before Easter!

I was looking at the March and April calendars and I think the first 7am EMH is Monday, April 10th (the week before Easter). I didn't see any in March but I looked quickly and could be mistaken. I don't think there have been any yet since the new opening procedures but I could have missed one around President's Day? I'll be hoping for some reports that week before Easter!

There is one on Friday April 7th.

We did the 7am EMH last Friday. It was good. We rode Space Mountain x2, buzz x2 and the speedway before we headed to frontier land at 8 am to ride thunder 2x and splash x4 before 9:30. It was our first park day so we were well rested. The 5:30 wake up call was EARLY!! We walked from Shades to ride the 6:30 am monorail from the Poly. Had it not been our first day, I'm not sure we would have make it. We have done Disney after dark many times, but this was the first time doing Disney before dawn!!

This is super helpful as we are staying at Shades with a 7am emh at MK. What time did you leave Shades? I think the bus to the TTC leaves Shades at 6:30am-is this too late? What were the bag check/security lines like and what time did you get to the MK? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

There is one on Friday April 7th.

I will be at MK on this day. I will post our experiences.

I have two plans. One for getting to MK at 6:45am and one getting there at 7:30. I will share about whichever we do.

I am going to push for 6:45, but it is the morning after watching Illuminations and not sure I will be able to rally the troops before 6am.

I will be at MK on this day. I will post our experiences.

I have two plans. One for getting to MK at 6:45am and one getting there at 7:30. I will share about whichever we do.

I am going to push for 6:45, but it is the morning after watching Illuminations and not sure I will be able to rally the troops before 6am.

Can't wait to hear how it goes! Good luck rallying the troops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter