5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tinker:Good morning cruisers :tinker:

Happy Tuesday!

Finally got a good nights sleep so off to work I go. Still have the cough but at least I have something to take for it now so hopefully it won't be around for long.

Stacey - rest that hand! Sorry to hear about the panic in the middle of the night. That would have scared me as well!

WDWLVR said:

Finally got a good nights sleep so off to work I go. Still have the cough but at least I have something to take for it now so hopefully it won't be around for long.

Let yourself cough a little bit. It's a protective mechanism to keep the crud out of your lungs. But definitely take the medicine if it's persistant and you can't sleep. :)

Glad you got a good night's sleep last night! :)

Mary, glad to hear that you're doing a little better. Stacey, take care of yourself!

Question for you doctors & nurses ... I'm starting to get a cold & will be traveling on Fri. Should I go to the dr. now or just wait & see. It's what I had after Thankgiving ... head cold w/ chest congestion (although it's very little at this point). After T'giving, it turned in to a sinus infection. I hate running to the dr. now when I don't feel bad but I don't want to turn in to something when we're away from home. Plus, we're staying with the inlaws that have 2 small children & she's a germ-a-phobe.

Ang

justmestace said:
Hi guys! Running around like a chicken with my head cutt off....must be the chicken comb injections.....trying to be "all done" before picking up Mom and Dad tomorrow.
Why do I feel the need to be "all done"???? Oh yeah, because my mom demands all of my time.:guilty:
After reading all of the above, I'm thinking twice about taking the whole family on a cruise next year!

Mary......sorry you don't feel good! Bummer. And not so great news about losing a co-worker. You know that means SOMEONE will have to take up the slack....and I think that means the one who does the most to begin with! :sad2:

Better get going....I'm burning daylight!

Heh....U-T.O.P.!

:tinker: pdfg HEY.....Our vanishing wizard with the wand smiley is gone!
I don't care who you are: That there is FUNNY!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Good Morning from the 5th floor of Beach Club Villas!!

Vacation is going VERY well, having a great time hanging and taking pictures of the many wonderful sights that are offered here.

The weather has been just wonderful, a little rain the night we came in, but cleared after that and has been ten degrees wamer than the seasonal norm since, with partly cloudy skies and crisp nights!! Couldn't ask for better.

We met up with the Scubas on Saturday evening for a dinner at the House of Blues and a leisurely walk over to Giradellis for a shared sundie. Not as big as the 'Kitchen Sink' but a belly filler still. Lovely evening! Sam and Irene, we had a really good beer at the Raglan Road beer garden. They have Smitty's on tap, as well as others! Very nice. Will post the pics after I sort out the lot in a few days.

Spent the day on Saturday at the Animal Kingdom, watched the Finding Nemo musical and liked it a lot. I'd see it a few more times......
The gorillas were out and very active, got several interesting behavioral shots....... Some of the tigers as well.

Yesterday, we wandered around Epcot, had dinner a Chefs de France and grab a seat at the UK beer garden area for Illuminations. They've added some real boomers to the end of the show! Some show!!

Today is a lazy morning since we are going to Mickeys Very Special Christmas Party or something later on this evening.... Should be fun!

later,

justmestace said:
I know it seems stupid, but I just stood there watching.....it was like television, only live. Interesting, to say the least.
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
I'll BET! My mouth would have been on the ground........ :lmao: :lmao:

CajunGirl2 said:
Mary, glad to hear that you're doing a little better. Stacey, take care of yourself!

Question for you doctors & nurses ... I'm starting to get a cold & will be traveling on Fri. Should I go to the dr. now or just wait & see. It's what I had after Thankgiving ... head cold w/ chest congestion (although it's very little at this point). After T'giving, it turned in to a sinus infection. I hate running to the dr. now when I don't feel bad but I don't want to turn in to something when we're away from home. Plus, we're staying with the inlaws that have 2 small children & she's a germ-a-phobe.

Ang

A good doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for you at this point. It's more than likely a virus. You can't treat a virus with antibiotics. It creates resistant strains of bacteria which creates a whole new (and bigger) set of problems. Viruses will run their course. Just need to do what mom taught---rest,fluids, treat the symptoms (motrin, sudafed, benadryl, chicken noodle soup, etc)

As for the germ-a-phobe situation.....wash your hands a lot. Carry purell. Use a tissue for coughing, sneezing, etc--but even after that wash your hands. Be mindful of touching surfaces that others will touch--phones, door handles, etc---don't sneeze into your hand and then answer the phone kinda thing. Just because you have a cold it's not a given that everyone around you WILL catch it.

'tis the season for viruses to be running rampant. You'll be hard pressed to find a holiday gathering where SOMEONE isn't sniffling. :)

tinksdad said:
The gorillas were out and very active, got several interesting behavioral shots.......

We went to that trail for the first time this last trip. Really cool! The gorillas were very active when we were there too. They were hooting and hollering. One came barrelling down the hill towards us :earseek: It then turned it back on us and showed us a full butt crack, the proceeded to pee towards us! You never saw so many ppl whip out their cameras to take pictures. I felt like I was surrounded by 2nd graders.

The whole butt crack thing cracked us up b/c a few nights before that, at Hoop-de-doo, the "angel" at the end (which is always an older, overweight man) turned and bowed and showed about 4 inches of butt crack!!! :earseek: We were DYING laughing!! Nick kept saying, "what? what? what's so funny." So I said, "when the angel turned and bowed, you could see his butt crack." And Nick said, "yeah, and it was all hairy too." Ok, we all nearly DIED from laughing so hard!!! This was us ---> :rotfl2:

ohiominnie said:
A good doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for you at this point. It's more than likely a virus. You can't treat a virus with antibiotics. It creates resistant strains of bacteria which creates a whole new (and bigger) set of problems. Viruses will run their course. Just need to do what mom taught---rest,fluids, treat the symptoms (motrin, sudafed, benadryl, chicken noodle soup, etc)

As for the germ-a-phobe situation.....wash your hands a lot. Carry purell. Use a tissue for coughing, sneezing, etc--but even after that wash your hands. Be mindful of touching surfaces that others will touch--phones, door handles, etc---don't sneeze into your hand and then answer the phone kinda thing. Just because you have a cold it's not a given that everyone around you WILL catch it.

'tis the season for viruses to be running rampant. You'll be hard pressed to find a holiday gathering where SOMEONE isn't sniffling. :)

Thanks Karen. I knew that would be the answer. I know this SIL will be totally freaked because both boys were on breathing treatments at Thanksgiving for suspected RSV (diagnosed w/ bronchiolitis (sp?)). I've always been of the mindset that colds will happen and don't let it bother me too much. I'm always good about trying my hardest not to spread germs.

Ang

CajunGirl2 said:
Thanks Karen. I knew that would be the answer. I know this SIL will be totally freaked because both boys were on breathing treatments at Thanksgiving for suspected RSV (diagnosed w/ bronchiolitis (sp?)). I've always been of the mindset that colds will happen and don't let it bother me too much. I'm always good about trying my hardest not to spread germs.

Ang

If they don't get it from you, they'll get it from touching the shopping cart at the grocery store. :)

CajunGirl2 said:
I know this SIL will be totally freaked because both boys were on breathing treatments at Thanksgiving for suspected RSV (diagnosed w/ bronchiolitis (sp?)).

Christopher was hospitalized with RSV when he was 10 months old... what a horrible experience THAT was!! I'm surprised I didn't become a total germophobe after that ordeal... but I was pretty paranoid the rest of that winter, that's for sure!!!!

I know that RSV is serious. I didn't mean to sound like SIL was being totally unreasonable wanting to protect the boys from germs.

Ang

Ok ... do I get sucked in by the whole e-bay thing? Yesterday I went to Costco & picked up 1 white & 1 pink Nintendo DS Lite. They were the only ones left in the store. We decided to give my parents one for Christmas (the white one) and thought about giving MIL the pink one. But, I think Bruce has decided against it. Do I just return the pink one or let my brother list it on his E-bay account?

Ang

CajunGirl2 said:
Ok ... do I get sucked in by the whole e-bay thing? Yesterday I went to Costco & picked up 1 white & 1 pink Nintendo DS Lite. They were the only ones left in the store. We decided to give my parents one for Christmas (the white one) and thought about giving MIL the pink one. But, I think Bruce has decided against it. Do I just return the pink one or let my brother list it on his E-bay account?

Ang

At this point it's going to be mighty tough to get it listed, have a decent auction, and get it shipped in time for Christmas. Unless you do a 1 day auction and have FAST shipping. Are they going for lots more than you paid for it?

ohiominnie said:
At this point it's going to be mighty tough to get it listed, have a decent auction, and get it shipped in time for Christmas. Unless you do a 1 day auction and have FAST shipping. Are they going for lots more than you paid for it?

or a buy it now auction would work...
looking on ebay now for recently completed DS pink auctions
$185,
$201
$191
$189
$192

Don't know what you paid for yours.

For your parents, check out the Brain Age game. It's pretty fun and keeps you sharp. My parents like playing ours when we're together.

ohiominnie said:

They are going for around $50 more than I paid for it. But there are still a lot listed out there. I also did a search to see what has been sold & there were quite a few that didn't have the reserve met. I think it's probably best to just return it & let some parent be happy that they found one. It seems that the pink ones are hard to come by.

Ang

ohiominnie said:
or a buy it now auction would work...
looking on ebay now for recently completed DS pink auctions
$185,
$201
$191
$189
$192

Don't know what you paid for yours.

For your parents, check out the Brain Age game. It's pretty fun and keeps you sharp. My parents like playing ours when we're together.

Brain Age is the whole reason we bought it for my parents. I'm glad to hear that we made the right decision on that. Maybe I should just keep the pink one for myself!

What I bought was a bundle from Costco. I was $170 & included Super Mario, a case, and some other little things.

Ang

CajunGirl2 said:
They are going for around $50 more than I paid for it. But there are still a lot listed out there. I also did a search to see what has been sold & there were quite a few that didn't have the reserve met. I think it's probably best to just return it & let some parent be happy that they found one. It seems that the pink ones are hard to come by.

Ang

Maybe there is someone on the DIS who wants it? Try the Budget Board. If you offer it at cost (plus the tax you paid) with express shipping, someone will probably bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter