5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
kikipug said:
My parents aren't due here til around Jan 4... but I have a feeling that as soon as they take their tree down, they're going to get the urge to get on the road and head south... guess I should start cleaning soon... (they're staying for 3 months...)

ah, now there is a bright side - my parents are in town for one month not three... Don't think they'll make it today - the rainy weather system seems to be directly along their path...

Hey Karen (OM) Time to get that Yahoo group running again :lmao:

icon4.gif
IMPORTANT - ALL READ from Webmaster Alex
Over the holiday weekend we will be upgrading the boards to the latest version of the VBulletin software. This upgrade will involve major downtime for the boards. I will be bringing them down around 5pm on Friday and it will take 24 to 48 hours to upgrade them.
The new VBulletin has a host of exciting new features, this should really make the boards a better place for all of us.
Alex

WDWLVR said:
Hey Karen (OM) Time to get that Yahoo group running again :lmao:

So I won't be able to post about our day/night in New Orleans....and our first day on the ship????

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

At least that makes my decision easier....I was trying to decide if I wanted to take the Treo or not. No need now, I'll just wait and post from the ship.
Should be pretty cool when they're done, though, huh?

mickeymo said:
My dad called this a.m - they were just outside of Memphis - high gear panic and cleaning mode now - if they decide to push on through to Houston tonight or arrive early tomorrow -they can't check into the hotel until Saturday which means - more cleaning than I anticipated and sooner!!! eeek!!!!

Please refer to poem on previous page. Don't be a funny, funny mother!

Sorry, no fluff from me today. Megan had a scope thing done on her esophagus this morning and right now she's asleep in my bed.
Jordan is sick with stomach flu-like symptoms (hope she's over it by Sunday!) so she came home from school early.

Keeping my fingers crossed that no one else gets sick!

Need to go to the store to get something to make for dinner.

:car:

justmestace said:
Please refer to poem on previous page. Don't be a funny, funny mother!

aak!! Forgot I promised Maggie that if she cleaned her room, we'd make some cookies...She came down as I finished cleaning the kitchen...sigh...

- we're melting chocolate for chocolate peppermint candies she's busy pouring melted chocolate into old chocolate advent calendar frames...Not too big of a mess, and I'm happy to lick the bowl!!!

Sorry, Stacey - no peppermint bark (yet) - maybe by the time you're off the boat...

Hi all, we got home tonight. Very long day, very tired. It will be wonderful to get into our nice BIG, SOFT bed. I do feel like I'm going to get sick again, but maybe a good night's sleep will nip it.

We had a super trip, nice family time. A candid conversation with your teen about life in high school: priceless. Now I want to hermetically seal her until her mid-twenties, but I guess that won't work.

Nice, nice weather too. No rain, not too hot. Hit the 80s a couple of days, but cooled down nicely in the evenings. One of our better trips for weather and crowds. We are very laid back park tourers, mostly we just hang out and hit an attraction now and then. According to a CM we talked to, this was our 20th trip to the World. Wow! I had no idea we were approaching that milestone! I guess I might have to write a trip report!

Saw Sam and Irene yesterday, a Florida Turnpike DIS meet. They are enjoying the ship tonight, lucky dogs.

Hi Diana! Glad you made it back safe and sound, and nice to hear that you had a good time!!

:tinker:Good morning cruisers :tinker:

Happy Friday!

Welcome home Diana - glad to hear you had a good tirp.

Next up for sailing are Stacey, Virgil, and GaRry's family! Bon Voyage everyone - have a great time!

Also I know Sue and Jeanne are going on a Christmas cruise so Bon Voyage to them as well!

Wow... I'm totally amazed to sign on this morning and see that we haven't hit the milestone yet! We'll have to get there before the boards go down at 5!

Though it sounds like no one is around... do I have to do this all by myself?

Can't believe we haven't reached it- off to work - won't be able to help!

parents arrived safe and sound last night at 9:30...

Safe travels!

Good Morning!

I thought maybe some of the Member cruisers might happen to pop in to get us to the milestone....
I'm surprised too. Maybe Virgil's still out there lurking pirate: He needs to retain his title!

It's crunch time here. I have to finalize all the packing. Actually, I need to figure out what to wear tomorrow, it's going to be cold in New Orleans, especially if we're going to be out walking around the French Quarter. I've heard it is decorated for Christmas, that should be pretty.

Going for my final shot in the knee this morning, then coming home to put a pot of chili on. We're having our Christmas tonight. I didn't want to take all the gifts on the ship.

justmestace said:
Actually, I need to figure out what to wear tomorrow, it's going to be cold in New Orleans, especially if we're going to be out walking around the French Quarter. I've heard it is decorated for Christmas, that should be pretty.

Have you been there since Katrina? We'll be there in March for our Annual Convention... I've heard good and bad about the area... let me know what you think.

Mary and Ohminnie....can you believe it's been TWO YEARS since the 10 Night Christmas cruise??? Time flies, doesn't it?

U-T.O.P. with Mary and Ohiominnie!

pixiedust: :tinker: pdfg

So does it feel like Christmas to anyone yet? I've been listening to Christmas music, trying to get in the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter