365 days of healthy choices... Year #3 starts with post 356, comments welcome!

Vija I can relate so much to alot of your titles there. I know that is something I need to work on as well (my self esteem). But I know we can do it. And we will both be in a better place emotionally and physically!

:grouphug:

Vija I can relate so much to alot of your titles there. I know that is something I need to work on as well (my self esteem). But I know we can do it. And we will both be in a better place emotionally and physically!

:grouphug:

I read through your journal and posted a comment, and what I can say without any shadow of a doubt is that your energy, commitment and drive is very evident, AND YOU WILL do it!!!!!! You are making some great strides, and even when they scale didn't budge, you kept working at it, tweeking your plan to make it work and you were determined to make it work. now you are reaping the rewards.

Thank you for your support for me. I feel like I am getting in a better place, and I have made some great strides toward that as well. My lowest was years ago, and just thinking about that makes me even happier knowing that I can and WILL get there too!:thumbsup2

Today I got right to exercising. I know that if I wait on the weekends, the time gets shortened, and maybe not as intense. Well, wow I really did the exercise! Hit the stairmaster today and did 45 minutes. the last 15 was done in intervals and I was really sweating! felt really good.

At night I have gotten into the habit of having buttered popcorn while watching Amazing Race, and today I fought the craving/habit and just watched the show without anything! :banana:

Limited my snacking during the day.

I am really proud of myself!

And I have to come clean... when I lost my focus I gained back alot that I had lost. I was 3# short of my all time high,:sad2:. I didn't want to change my WISH clippie, it just made me so sad. BUT I am so happy that I am doing good again. I am down 4# this week and I feel great about it. I am going to change the clippie to accuarately reflect where I am. Then as I loose weight, I can change the clippie and be proud!

Vija, you can definitely do it. You have done it once before and have to dig deep and find that drive again but it sounds like you are on the right track.

All in all it sounds like you had a great OP weekend!

so Desiree, this one is for you! This morning I set the alarm early so I could work out, but of course when the alarm goes off I really don't want to get up! But I thought about you and how you stuck to your plan even though the scale wasn't budging, and it motivated me to get up and get moving! so thanks so you!

Healthy choices:
woke up early and exercised. did my Wii just dance and LOVE that workout
walked at night for 1/2 hour with DS. Love talking with him, you get to learn what's on their mind
didn't snack after our walk, even though I dearly wanted to! Came up here and hit the computer instead.

Off to bed!

AWW thanks! You in turn just gave me the push to get off the computer and stop checking the DIS lol! Sounds like a great day yesterday!

today was OK. I didn't feel very good today, so I didn't do a hard work out. I did go for a long walk tonight. Although I really hate walking at night. At one point a guy started walking behind me, came out of no where and I just hate that. switched sides of street that I was walking on, but I no longer felt relaxed.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Keep it up. It's hard when you gain back and "Wasted" all the hard work. For me, times like that gets dangerous because I then get frustrated and think "what's the point?". In the spring, I had been watching my eating for a bit and lost about 5 pounds and by now, have put most of that back on.

For this round, I'm focusing on making healthier choices, saying "no" to the temptations...but not always saying "no" to treats. I'm struggling valiantly against dieting....I want to make permanent changes to my eating habits. So it's small changes like "no, I really don't need to eat that much",. and "I can eat a reasonable portion at a buffet, enjoy it, and not feel sick afterwards". I do a lot of dinners and meals at work where it's plated dinners - and I am trying to train myself to eat smaller portion sizes and NOT finish everything on the table.

Last weekend I was travelling for work and was at a buffet twice. I filled my plate with more veggies and while I did eat a bit more than I should have, it was about half of what I would normally have eaten. So that was a victory.

Another thing I am going to try is to eat more frequently so I'm not starving. I'm struggling to have breakfast by 10am (still haven't had breakfast today even though it's 10 so time to pop that toast in) and then lunch and then an afternoon snack. I'm hoping it will help cut down on the portion size I "have" to have at each meal.

Day 164. Has to be short, have to get to bed ASAP.

elainesj, thanks for your comments, will respond tomorrow

good choices,
had a great prepackaged lunch. Low in cal, whole wheat noodles, also had an orange and carrots.
drank my water
had a good dinner

Not so good was the chips at night.

No time to exercise, but worked long at work, so put on the miles that way!

Sounds like a busy but productive day! Hope today is a good one for you!

Late day at work, tired again. But a great choice was they brought in Pizza for lunch. Everyone had 2 pieces (they were BIG) and I only had 1! Very happy with that!

I know this is silly!!! Watched the last show with Regis and Kelly. Oh My, I cried, and cried, and cried. I know it is very silly, but I watched him alot. Especially when I worked weekends. I would arrange my day so that I could watch the show. He did bring joy to my day, and I will really miss him!

Not alot of healthy choices today...

I'm incredibly bummed because I forgot to dvr Reeg's last day. :( I'm sure I would have been crying too! Sorry yesterday was a bust eating wise. It was for me yesterday as well. I did better the day before with Thanksgiving at work than I did with the leftovers yesterday. Ouch!

Difficulty logging in tonight - hope this goes through.

Computer had a virus, now back on.

Too tired to write much here or on my own blog.

But wanted to let you know back in the saddle - hi Vija - good going.

More tomorrow.

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Happy Thanksgiving, Vija! hope yo have a fantastic day!

WOW, I have been gone a long time. Lets just say that I was gone last weekend, and then at the beginning of the week something happened that made me soooo sad, then I had Thanksgiving, and my Birthday and time just got away from me... So I will recap my days, some good choices in there, but not many...

Day 167 Deer hunting
We went to a friends cabin to go deer hunting. DD's first time! I am happy to report that she got a 4 point buck and so did DS. I was very proud of them. I don't hunt yet, but I fully support them and I was thrilled for them. Spent the time in the cabin reading, organizing photos. very productive.

day 168 busy day
Came home from Deer hunting, DH had to butcher the deer, I'm running around as we have no time and we are hosting Thanksgiving!

day 169 SAD DAY!
I will not say what occured this day, but something really bummed me out, I felt so incredibly sad, deflated, hurt, betrayed, and just angry. :sad1: the sunshine just went away and not only replaced by clouds, but fog as well. I will say that it had nothing to do with my health, or my family, or DH. My immediate family are the only one's that know and that is how it will stay. I wish I could share, I think it would do me a world of good, but I just can't, and won't. I cried and cried and cried, and still almost a week later just can't get over it, don't know if I ever will.... However it did make me completely loose my appetite that day, so it was good for weight loss:rolleyes1

day 170 at least I did something healthy today!
So my DH's work has a great healthy incentives program. For the holidays they have a "maintain, don't gain" program. DH and I both enrolled. We give in $10 and at the end we get that money back as long as we maintained our weight. anyone else that doesn't or doesn't weigh back in, then their money gets distributed to those that did maintain. Also randomly 5 people will get $55 dollars too.

day 171 Just trying to get ready for Thanksgiving
enough said:headache: Too much money spent, too much stress, had to hide stuff because I have some people coming over that "snoop":headache:

day 172 Thanksgiving
DH and I made some great food! I did great as I only had little bits of my favorites. Very happy with how good I did. However I was very frustrated and hurt by someone. Not related to the earlier incident in the week. I think that my wounds were still fresh and raw from earlier in the week and that made what happened that much more hurtful. again, I won't say what happened. For the most part, had a great day

day 173 My BIRTHDAY!
What a great day it was! Actually did the Black Friday thing, and I was successful. Never did that before, in line by 4 for a 6am opening. But I got my cricut machine! DH and I did some more shopping, and went to an area he used to live while we were dating and it was fun to reminisce. At night DD and I went to go see the new Twilight movie... LOVED IT!:love: a great day!

day 174. Christmas with the In-laws
Celebrated Christmas with the inlaws today. For the most part it was nice.

day 175. Planning
Today we drove around a bunch getting errands done, and I watched some biggest loser, and got some laundry done. We have been planning for sometime now how to get more time in to exercise and make some healthy changes for the family. We are planning to go exercise Mon, Wed and once on the weekends at the gym. I think it will be great that we are doing this together. I think it will keep me accountable and get things done. I've also decided that I really need to follow some sort of plan. Just eating less isn't really getting it done. I need some guidelines. What has worked in the past is to count calories, but I know to do so on a daily basis will be too much for my perfectionism. So instead I am going to set a weekly goal for calories. That way it does give me some leeway for days that I may have to much, but a plan to be able to absorb those calories if I just cut back on other days. I am excited about that.

wish me luck as I move forward with that.

I also picked up a book today "chicken soup for the soul finding happiness". Oh yes, I am usually the happiest person in the room, however last week really hit me hard, and I am struggling with it. I need to find my joy again. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things I am thankful for, and lots that I have in my life that is good, but I know I can be happy again, and I know that It needs to start with me, I need to find my sunshine again.

Linda and Desiree, thanks for your posts, it brought me a smile!

Deer hunting? Deer butchering? Oh, you are a better person than me girl - and braver too lol.

Glad to hear from you again. Sorry that you got so hurt and upset, sure understand what that feels like.

Sharing another reading from the set you gave me on my blog tonight.

I hope that you have a magical losing day and hope to see you on again soon.

Your plans sound great. Getting into a regular routine re exercise and some sort of plan re eating is half the battle but really helpful from my experience.

I feel like a slug today and I ate too much, feeling it tonight. Ugh! need to remember that for next time.

Have a great one.

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Went to the gym tonight and had a great workout. I am glad that DH is in this with me, because then we both just know that we have to go... no excuses. food was pretty good today too. Pretty happy with these choices. I did 11 min. on the treadmill. 20 minutes on the elliptical and I was MOVING! then 30 minutes of weight lifting/crunches/ and stretching at the end.

Tomorrow my plan is to workout at home after work, before dinner and depending on weather go for a walk.

LINDA, thanks for your birthday wishes and good thoughts. So glad to see you back here, haven't had a chance to check out your blog, but I will be catching up soon.

have a great day everyone!

Happy belated birthday, Vija! Sounds like you are back on track!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter