3 park days-decisions decisions

Calee

DIS Veteran
This is a last minute (very last minute-made the reservation last night-first park day is Sunday! Yes, I have park reservations) trip. We have been before but the kids haven't been since 2019. They are 14 (rides NOTHING remotely fast), 12 and 10 (these two ride everything). We have always had at least 5 park days.

This time the finances dictate 3 park days, no hoppers. So now to decide what parks! HELP!

All 5 of us are in agreement that our top two are 1. Magic 2. Hollywood.

Epcot is a bit farther down for most, AK is everyone's least favorite right now. So we have eliminated AK for this trip.

Our park days are this Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Right now I have MK, MK, HS (I know these are most likely to get fully reserved so I did this while I think about it!)

Besides me, two family members would prefer to do MK twice and HS once. Two others would prefer to do Epcot, MK and HS. I could be talked into either-I've also been once since the pandemic and they haven't, so I feel what they want is more important. Though none of us have done Remi and no one but me has done Star Wars or MMRR.

We don't really drink, so there is no big pull to Epcot for that.

Remi is new, but of course part of me hesitates to make a decision on a park based solely on one ride in case there are technical difficulties or we don't make it.

MK is open until 11 on Sunday and Monday and we have the 30 minute early entry, so we would have a LONG day to do things in MK (and at my kids ages they can hang for the whole day).

Here's my conflict. This is a spontaneous, short trip and I always put the pressure on myself for it to all go well. What if we start at Epcot (everyones 3rd choice) and our MK day or HS day are super crowded/lots of down rides/etc and we wish we'd had a second day for one of our favorites?? On the other hand, I thought I could do MK and HS first, see how those go, and if we get everything done we want switch our reservation for our second MK day to Epcot (if its available-which it usually is). But then we end with our 3rd favorite.

I know I'm overthinking this lolol. What would YOU do?? Adding Hoppers and doing AK are two definite "no"'s that have already been decided! I've got to work with what I've got lol.

Last edited:
Get park hopper passes and start the days at the parks you already got and then head over to Epcot later if people are up to it.

I wouldn't pin hopes on Remy. That ride has INSANE lines and breaks down all the time.

Stick with your plan. You have come up with the best possible flexibility you can get with the reservation system in place. Starting with MK and then swapping to EP the 2nd day if everyone feels good about it makes the most sense to me, and if epcot isn't available you still have the reservation for MK and can enjoy that.

I hope you get to do all your must-do rides! If you don't get to Remy this time, it is just an excuse to plan another trip in the future :)

On the other hand, I thought I could do MK and HS first, see how those go, and if we get everything done we want switch our reservation for our second MK day to Epcot (if its available-which it usually is).

This sounds like a smart plan to me.

Enjoy your trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter