2022 Trip Planning Thread

How exciting! Have you stayed at Pop before? The folks on the Pop resort thread are super helpful. We've been there twice now, loved it both times - if you have questions, let me know!

Galaxy's Edge is amazing. The attention to detail is second to none. Do whatever you need to do to get on ROTR - experience like no other. We showed up at 6:30am with two small kids in tow to get a boarding group haha but it was 110% worth it.
Yes, this will be our 3rd stay at Pop. I love being able to walk over to AoA or grab their bus if it comes before ours. Now we'll be able to use the Skyliner, super excited about that. We're very excited to see Galaxy's Edge, hopefully we'll be able to grab a spot for ROTR, who knows what that set up will look like 12 months from now.

Yes, this will be our 3rd stay at Pop. I love being able to walk over to AoA or grab their bus if it comes before ours. Now we'll be able to use the Skyliner, super excited about that. We're very excited to see Galaxy's Edge, hopefully we'll be able to grab a spot for ROTR, who knows what that set up will look like 12 months from now.

Oh, the Skyliner is such a wonderful add! We love it! We stay DVC at Board Walk and the kids enjoy doing a loop on it just for fun!

I went ahead and used my airline credits to book flights for January 2022. The airlines are still being very flexible with changes/cancellations so there really wasn't much risk in booking. It's so nice to have something to look forward to even though there's still a lot of uncertainty.

Oh, the Skyliner is such a wonderful add! We love it! We stay DVC at Board Walk and the kids enjoy doing a loop on it just for fun!

Kind of unrelated, but are you DVC owners? It's an area that's sort of interested me but have never taken the plunge to rent points.

I went ahead and used my airline credits to book flights for January 2022. The airlines are still being very flexible with changes/cancellations so there really wasn't much risk in booking. It's so nice to have something to look forward to even though there's still a lot of uncertainty.

Oh, exciting! I'm hoping we can get to the point of direct flights within multiple points in Canada again. That YHZ-MCO flight was mighty handy. I HATE connecting via YYZ and YUL is not much better. Just makes our travel day so unnecessarily long.

So I just learned some pretty exciting news last night. My husbands' company does not allow vacation between mid November and Dec 31st. Well it's now been amended and no vacation can take place between last full week of November and Dec 26th! Which means, hello Christmas and/or NY trips! Yes I know, travelling around the holidays can be $$$$$. But I'm just thrilled to know this is now an option at least! He's been there for 16 years and has only had time off around Christmas (not counting when the 25th and 26th fall on or around a weekend) once and that was back in 2010 when our second daughter was born at the end of November and he took paternity leave til early January. So guess who is already mentally planning a Christmas or NYE trip for December 2022? :rotfl2:

Easy one. Make it a foodie WDW vacation. Maybe play with your travel dates to hit an Epcot festival and nosh at the food booths.
It will definitely be a "foodie" trip! Isn't Disney always about the food? We're thinking middle to late Feb 22' which is what, Festival of the Arts usually? Hoping by then WDW will be back to some what of a normal state, at least as far as Covid restrictions go and offering some possible deals. Free dining would be good, having said that the last "free" dining we trip we had the menu at some places was noticeably constrained, I might go for a room only discount instead anyhow. I'm a bit on the fence about the value of the dining plan, if and when it does return, that will depend on how desperate the Mouse is to fill vacant hotel rooms. Crowds are usually better in Feb but there are the Cheer and Dance competition crowds too, I'm not sure I want to leave 3 kids home just to wander around with 3000 more, lol.

It will definitely be a "foodie" trip! Isn't Disney always about the food? We're thinking middle to late Feb 22' which is what, Festival of the Arts usually? Hoping by then WDW will be back to some what of a normal state, at least as far as Covid restrictions go and offering some possible deals. Free dining would be good, having said that the last "free" dining we trip we had the menu at some places was noticeably constrained, I might go for a room only discount instead anyhow. I'm a bit on the fence about the value of the dining plan, if and when it does return, that will depend on how desperate the Mouse is to fill vacant hotel rooms. Crowds are usually better in Feb but there are the Cheer and Dance competition crowds too, I'm not sure I want to leave 3 kids home just to wander around with 3000 more, lol.

Yes other people’s kids are always more annoying than ones own lol tho it always seems to give me appreciation for how well behaved mine are .

Yes other people’s kids are always more annoying than ones own lol tho it always seems to give me appreciation for how well behaved mine are .
We're always pleasantly shocked by the compliments we have gotten about our 4 from teachers and other parents regarding their behavior. At home they could be absolute tyrants at time, you haven't seen a fist fight until you've seen one at our house, out in public (thank God) they act somewhat civilized. I read somewhere you've done your job as a parent if our kids are comfortable enough to occasionally act like ******* at home and angels out in public.

We're always pleasantly shocked by the compliments we have gotten about our 4 from teachers and other parents regarding their behavior. At home they could be absolute tyrants at time, you haven't seen a fist fight until you've seen one at our house, out in public (thank God) they act somewhat civilized. I read somewhere you've done your job as a parent if our kids are comfortable enough to occasionally act like ******* at home and angels out in public.

Same and I love how they all get along on vacation. Like us vs the world .

Not sure when (likely summer), but my daughter graduates from High School next year so wants to do a celebration trip with just Mom. I already have 2, 5 day park hoppers bought years ago from Air Miles, and will have enough AM for flights. I'm currently saving gift cards for food/spending. We usually stay at one of the All Stars or Port Orleans since we need 3 beds for our family, but for the 2 of us we don't have that restriction. We don't stay in the room much, nor at the resort, what other options do you recommend?

I want to go so bad...and hopefully this year. I have called about getting a new AP - because the second I can use it (wishful thinking is June) I am going. (My AP expired in November; so I fall into the group that can get a new one) The only thing I have “booked” is an Alaska cruise in Aug 2022. Trip that got bumped from 2020 to 2021 and now 2022.

I normally have something on the books every 3-4 months. Going stir crazy with nothing booked.

🤣🤣🤣 I was so glad to read your post @momdad4kids ! I'm reading the post from @TammyLynn33 and thinking... "I dunno. My kids were pretty d*** annoying the other morning when they decided to break into WW3 over the doing the dishes, when we were in a rush to get out of the house!" Lol. It's always nice to hear you're not the only home that has WWE matches.

But, I will give the devil's their dues - they are exceptionally well behaved in public, and have received many compliments on their behavior in that regard.

We're planning for Fall 2022 - probably September. We had wanted to go this Fall when I retire but that's not going to happen. So 2022 it is. Hopefully do a split stay, which we love doing. Bought a AKV resale in December and will be going for our welcome home visit in a 1 bedroom! Can't wait!

You'll love Bonnet Creek! We have a credit to use for there from our COVID cancelled trip. Can't wait til we can make a plan and rebook again!

Not to hijack (okay, a little bit of a hijack) - where could one go to check out Bonnet Creek? We've stayed onsite twice now and loved it, but the rising prices and loss of perks is making me think about alternatives.

Not to hijack (okay, a little bit of a hijack) - where could one go to check out Bonnet Creek? We've stayed onsite twice now and loved it, but the rising prices and loss of perks is making me think about alternatives.
There’s a dedicated thread for Bonnet Creek on this website on the “Orlando Hotels and Attractions “ board.
We have stayed at Bonnet Creek three times and really like it. We’ve stayed onsite at least 10 times but we like both for different reasons. Bonnet creek is about as close to onsite as you can get without being an official Disney hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter