2022 Trip Planning Thread

Fun thread! We are planning a trip for next March 2022. It's my mom's 60th, and there will be 20 of us! Have never done a trip with so many of us at once and super nervous about how that it going to go, lol. Planning 5 days in Disney parks, 1 at Universal and the rest relaxing around the pool, Disney Springs or Cocoa Beach.

This past Feb. we booked 2 six-bedroom pool villas at Windsor Hills for this trip and I'm so glad we booked when we did. In the past 2 months, the price of our villa has jumped over $100 / night for next March. A lot more demand now. The great thing is that our villas are right beside each other so we can go back and forth between the two to visit.

We will be driving down, so are quite worried about the border situation. It just CAN'T still be closed at that point, right?

That sounds like an amazing trip! I wonder if off site places are going to be even more popular because of all the changes Disney is making?

I certainly hope the border opens sooner than that! I think once vaccination is more widespread, on both sides of the border, and obviously our curve has gone back down.

I am really hoping we'll be able to travel somewhere out of the country by March 2022 (without having to quarantine upon return). It doesn't have to be Disney, at this point I'd be willing to go ANYWHERE for a change of scenery. We have credits with SouthWest from the Disney Trip we had to cancel last summer that have to be used by June 2022. Since I am a teacher our only option really, is to go next March, so fingers are crossed we'll be able to use to those credits to fly somewhere out of Buffalo.

Also hoping that as more people get vaccinated maybe Canada will open up travel between provinces for this summer. Though that may be a long shot.

I actually stopped to dream a little bit yesterday of a rough outline of a trip for next year. We have 3 major milestones that we are celebrating in the next 12 months that we have always had trips planned to celebrate. I took at look at all our cc/points card bonuses to get a rough idea of when we have accumulated.

My brain wants to plan something to leave tomorrow, my gut tells me to just sit tight yet, and see what unfolds in the next 4 - 6 months.

I actually stopped to dream a little bit yesterday of a rough outline of a trip for next year. We have 3 major milestones that we are celebrating in the next 12 months that we have always had trips planned to celebrate. I took at look at all our cc/points card bonuses to get a rough idea of when we have accumulated.

My brain wants to plan something to leave tomorrow, my gut tells me to just sit tight yet, and see what unfolds in the next 4 - 6 months.
I’m all in on planning for December but everything is refundable and easily moved to another date if it just can’t happen.
I’m aware of the things that could go wrong and not naive to changing circumstances and timelines. I just took my best guess at when might be good to go and started to plan . It’s keeping me sane and giving me some hope . I’ll be disappointed if we need to pivot , but not devastated. I couldn’t do a 14 day quarantine so this plan relies on things being much more open than they are right now .
Truly I also wanted to get things booked before prices went nuts as they are starting to do now .

Last edited:

’m all in on planning for December but everything is refundable and easily moved to another date if it just can’t happen.
I’m aware of the things that could go wrong and not naive to changing circumstances and timelines. I just took my best guess at when might be good to go and started to plan . It’s keeping me sane and giving me some hope . I’ll be disappointed if we need to pivot , but not devastated. I couldn’t do a 14 day quarantine so this plan relies on things being much more open than they are right now .
Truly I also wanted to get things booked before prices went nuts as they are starting to do now .
i soooooooooooooooo want to pull the trigger and book a few things, before prices are sky high. But we have had some job changes here (for the better in the long term) but we are just too uncertain how our finances will be for the next couple of months. We have to just see how the paychecks come in - if that makes sense. I don't want to have to book something, to only have to cancel it due to how our financial situation is.

I keep telling myself - in the long term :flower: I'm just crossing my fingers that I'm right in my thinking that not much will be changing in our situation ;)

Is there a thread sharing Canadian experiences visits to WDW ... I have a trip scheduled for end of November (fingers crossed). Thx.!

Is there a thread sharing Canadian experiences visits to WDW ... I have a trip scheduled for end of November (fingers crossed). Thx.!
Not so far as nobody has really been travelling. But I’m sure as restrictions ease and things open up we will start to see some .

Is anyone else mentally calculating when they should be fully vaccinated and considering that there GO time ;) Obviously we haven't heard how or when having the vaccine will allow us to drop quarantine, but if it's fully refundable, I'LL BE READY!
yup! But we've also added in a buffer for all the "OMG it's been so long we have to go ASAP" crowds to dissipate slightly. Along with more resorts open to widen my choice of restaurants, hopefully after hours events so we can go to the parks when they're not overwhelmingly packed and fireworks. All that means we're aiming for January 2023, 😕

yup! But we've also added in a buffer for all the "OMG it's been so long we have to go ASAP" crowds to dissipate slightly. Along with more resorts open to widen my choice of restaurants, hopefully after hours events so we can go to the parks when they're not overwhelmingly packed and fireworks. All that means we're aiming for January 2023, 😕
Totally. That's our plan too. January 2023. I'd LIKE to get there sooner, but I think there's going to be a surge of Canadians heading South once they're allowed. We booked Scotland for next Spring instead.

I am ever optimistic and have three trips booked.......

August 7-15/21 (postponed from last summer) ~ celebration trip for my oldest son's 21st. 3 nights at BWV and 5 nights at BRV. I give this one a doubtful rating and am prepared to reschedule to summer of '22.

December 17-22/21 ~ couples trip to enjoy all things Christmas at Disney. We are staying at our home resort of BRV. This gets a probable rating but who knows.

March 12-19/22 ~ solo/friends trip for March Break '22. Booked with DVC points at BRV from the 14th through 19th. Will add two nights at CBR or POFQ from the 12th to 14th as I have never stayed at a moderate before. This one just has to happen!

I am ever optimistic and have three trips booked.......

August 7-15/21 (postponed from last summer) ~ celebration trip for my oldest son's 21st. 3 nights at BWV and 5 nights at BRV. I give this one a doubtful rating and am prepared to reschedule to summer of '22.

December 17-22/21 ~ couples trip to enjoy all things Christmas at Disney. We are staying at our home resort of BRV. This gets a probable rating but who knows.

March 12-19/22 ~ solo/friends trip for March Break '22. Booked with DVC points at BRV from the 14th through 19th. Will add two nights at CBR or POFQ from the 12th to 14th as I have never stayed at a moderate before. This one just has to happen!
Curious - what will determine which trips you follow through with? Vaccination, borders open?

Curious - what will determine which trips you follow through with? Vaccination, borders open?
Travel will definitely be based on the border being open and being fully vaccinated. I will have had both shots before travelling but my son may not. As well I am not willing to do one of the quarantine hotels so if they are still required, that would be a deal breaker. How are you feeling about travel this year?

So I went ahead and booked westjet for Xmas so we have flights out of Syracuse and flights out of Toronto and will use whichever one is easier and well I guess go somewhere else in two years with westjet or I have until June to use JetBlue .. ( big kids want to go to Denver to see their friend play hockey next spring .. I’m ok with Fla next break or break after or Cali who cares at this point .. I just want to go somewhere )
I just look at it as prepaying the next vacation ha ha ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter