2022 Trip Planning Thread

Anyone else with young kids still desperately clinging on to hope their kids can be vaccinated before their planned trip? 😅

I have late January booked, and can't bear to cancel yet, even though there's almost 0% chance we will go. My son is 6, he will probably get vaccinated soon, but my daughter is 4 and there has been no news on vaccinations for the under 5 set in some time.

I was just talking with my neighbour about that this morning. They have a trip booked, on site, for the beginning of February and they have no clue if they will actually be able to go. He said they have until beginning of January to cancel (driving down). He said that the deciding factors are: tests upon return, vaccinations for the littler kids and quarantining for the little kids upon return. Canada is making it SO difficult to travel!

We are all vaccinated but I don't want to book anything because I find it discouraging to hear how many people are having big changes to their flights and I really, really don't want to have to test upon return. Ideally, I'd love to go down in April but I doubt that's going to happen.

We got back a week ago. All 6 of us are vaxxed, kids 11 to 17. We are OK going regularly now with the testing costing very little. $102 total for 6 tests on each side of the border(costco here, free there with beepermed). I can live with that, a lot cheaper than all of the increased prices disney has made. We will be going often with our AP's this year

Anyone else with young kids still desperately clinging on to hope their kids can be vaccinated before their planned trip? 😅

I have late January booked, and can't bear to cancel yet, even though there's almost 0% chance we will go. My son is 6, he will probably get vaccinated soon, but my daughter is 4 and there has been no news on vaccinations for the under 5 set in some time.
My girls are 6 and 8 and we are going first week of March so a bit more time on our side …but I am watching the news very anxiously. We won’t go unless they are vaccinated. I will deal with whatever testing I need to if we are all vaccinated. My sister is supposed to join us but her kids are 4 and 2 and she is in the same boat as you… the last we heard for under 5 was results by the end of the year… then likely 6-8 weeks of review after that. I think it is cutting it close for being able to come in March unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter