2022 Trip Planning Thread

What about option #4? Stay 9-10 nights at a townhouse near disney, do your few disney days, then do the discovery cove and get the SW and Aquatica tickets that come with. The add on for those are a lot less then adding disney days and would make for a really relaxed trip because you can just go for a morning or afternoon here or there, you won't feel like you need to stay all day and get your $$ worth.

We can't afford to stay longer AND do Discovery Cove, that was the issue for us. So it's either stay longer and not do DC (like #3) or stay less time and do DC. Personally, I'd rather do #3, since I would prefer to actually see dolphins and go snorkeling and see the animals in their natural habitat, however DD has been dreaming of swimming with the dolphins, so.... 🤷 We'll see!

I can’t imagine the hotel quarantine will still be in place in 2022 after the majority of both Americans and Canadians are vaccinated. Maybe a rapid test will be required at the airport, or a shortened at home quarantine for kids if they aren’t yet able to be vaccinated .. I’m hoping Canada and US will work together to find a not too onerous solution.

Fun!! Disney daydreaming is my favourite pastime.

We are planning on going March 3-13. We will fly direct from Halifax and have a travel voucher from this year to use for that. Prices are looking really great right now though so maybe we will pay cash and use our voucher for something else.

We will stay on DVC points at our home away from home (Polynesian). So excited to see the renovations there when we go back. We will be able to book our room next month. Going with us will be my parents and sisters-we’ll have a connecting room with them which my girls love.

My biggest query now is how we will get from MCO to Poly. I am SO going to miss the Magical Express. I do not want to rent a car ... maybe we will hire a car service depending on the cost. luckily my girls are booster seat age now. If they were still in car seats this would have been a major pain.

FWIW, car seat requirements are much different in FL than in Canada. I mean, it's your own risk tolerance, but for the two times we uber'd, we just brought a low back booster for our youngest (age 4) and no seat at all for the oldest (age 8). Technically anyone above age 5 I believe it is doesn't need any sort of seat (which is wild to me, because at home my now 9 year old still uses a low back booster!)

Our last trip was Jan/20 and our original plan pre-covid was to go back in Jan/Feb 2022 right before DD turns 10 and becomes an "adult". Also, we were hoping DS would grow enough to be 48 inches at that point so he could do the bigger coasters and water park. Then again, water park in Feb is a dicey proposition at best... it was FREEZING the last time we were in Disney.

DD is super into Harry Potter at this stage so while I was hoping to get one more Disney-only trip before we intro'd universal, if she continues to have a strong interest we'd probably do a hybrid trip. We have stayed at Pop twice now and while I love it (skyliner is a gamechanger), I don't know if I can continue to justify the prices for onsite with the removal of so many perks lately. We could almost afford to stay deluxe at universal for the cost of "value" (Pop) at Disney. It's all conjecture at this point for us because we can't afford to quarantine for 2 weeks post-return. So until that requirement goes away we're out of luck.

So... our 2022 trip has three versions right now, largely because it depends on who all goes, total budget, and if any discounts come out for Canadians this fall (please, please, PLEASE!):

Option 1:

7 nights at Windsor Hills in a townhome, with 3 days at Disney, 1 day at Discovery Cove, and 1 day for Disney Springs (nice meal, the amphibious car ride etc...)

Option 2:

Basically the same trip, just staying on-site at All-Star Movies, with Discovery Cove and 4 Disney days (no Disney Springs). This one only happens if we can get a good Canadian resident deal.

Option 3:

A 9-10 night split stay. 3-4 nights at All-Star Movies at the front of the trip, with 2-3 Disney days, then moving to a condo on the beach (Gulf side), and enjoying some R&R. Probably do a day or two in Tampa seeing the zoo and aquarium, and also doing an Egmont Key cruise with snorkeling, beachcombing and dolphin viewing.

Option 3 is my preference, but DH doesn't really like the idea of having to pick up and move part way through our trip, so we'll see.

Longer stay is better :) But I get the not wanting to pack up and change. However, my next trip that's booked we're actually changing ships, and having to spend a night in the port area between. I'll have to do laundry... which sucks! But means we get 2 weeks plus a few days. And I cannot wait. Even though we'll have to pack and change rooms rather a lot lol.

For tickets, if you can use AM or PC Points or anything like that to help save on the costs? Even AM for the hotels, you can't use them on Disney hotels I don't think but you can for the hotels in Disney Springs or other areas of Orlando. Anything to put towards the costs so you can get them down.

We are thinking the week before school starts (end of August) into mid week after labour day, 2022. About 10 days. Super hot but we went mid September in 2018 and managed. Oldest is starting high-school so the less school missed the better.

We are debating whether to rent DVC like we have the last few times or hope for a deal on site equivalent to "free" QS at a moderate. If we risked the deal route and there wasn't one we would probably rent a timeshare at Bonnet Creek for a week and drive. Then add a few onsite days. I suppose we will have to decide by this September. If they release Canadian discounted tickets this fall for 2022 we will just rent DVC 11 months out.

Anyone know how difficult it is to get about 90 day out DVC rentals for Sunday to Wednesday post labour day? Thinking standard at AKL, OKW or Saratoga. Probably wishful thinking but thanks!

My man turns 50 the same month as you! I was a 1970 baby, so I'm already there:)

What day? I know at least 6 people with March birthdays, the 5, 8, 10, 18, and 19 as well as at least 6 others in Feb!

Our plan is to go all out for next March! Our last trip in 2019 was to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we rented a 1br DVC at VGC. My sister, who is not a Disney or amusement park fan, has been talking about flying out from Ottawa to join us in DL so if she does, we will probably try and get a 2br villa. We also have our son who will be 16 so we will need the extra room. Even if she decides not to join us, the extra space will be nice.

We definitely want to go back to Napa Rose and do the Chef's Counter again, DH and I have done it 3 times and our son joined us there last time.

I'm so ready to plan a Disney trip for next year!! We are finally getting a refund of our flights from last July which was cancelled. I still don't have my AP refund though, sigh.

My oldest daughter is starting university in the fall though, so I can't really plan much for next year until I know her schedule. I'd like to go before next summer, but I'm guessing we'll have to wait until then. The current plan is a split Poly/BW stay because I can't decide between the 2. :D

Anyone know how difficult it is to get about 90 day out DVC rentals for Sunday to Wednesday post labour day? Thinking standard at AKL, OKW or Saratoga. Probably wishful thinking but thanks!
For 2021, right now there is availability. Monday to Thursday more than Sunday to Wednesday. I suspect SSR will have availability. An issue for this fall, and 2022, is there will be so many banked points that need to be used up that historical trends may not apply. If you are flexible, if nothing is available at 90 days wait until 30 days out as anyone that has booked a 'maybe' date needs to release their booking or have the points go into holding which they will want to avoid. So if nothing is available at 90 days starting 35 days or so out there maybe.

For 2021, right now there is availability. Monday to Thursday more than Sunday to Wednesday. I suspect SSR will have availability. An issue for this fall, and 2022, is there will be so many banked points that need to be used up that historical trends may not apply. If you are flexible, if nothing is available at 90 days wait until 30 days out as anyone that has booked a 'maybe' date needs to release their booking or have the points go into holding which they will want to avoid. So if nothing is available at 90 days starting 35 days or so out there maybe.

Thank you very much! Great information.

While I would have loved a trip this Sept 2021, and yesterday's announcement that first vaccinations in Ontario will likely be bumped up for those under 60 yrs - possibly in June for first shot? - is also very encouraging, I just don't think the timing will work and the stress is worth it. If my second shot is approx 4 months after June - maybe October at the earliest? - too much doubt and worry to commit to a vacation and getting on a plane this year.

I agree with some PPs above that once vaccinations become widespread in the US and Canada, the quarantine should be lifted. Maybe just a rapid test required and prob available right in MCO for a fee for international WDW guests.

I'd also like a free dining offer and have some confidence this will come back by late this year once restaurants can be normally spaced again. Big $ maker for WDW as so many families leave $ and credits on the table and can't max it out. Also concerned that POP rates have climbed too high for me to justify the price so would like more than just AS Movies open. Also think likely that at least one of AS Music or Sports will open - with renovated rooms completed - by the end of this year. And without the return of most perks for resort guests, there isn't much value in paying more to stay in the bubble.

Lots of 'hopes' and 'wants' going on there but believe realistic that a 2022 WDW trip is doable. :wizard:

We just booked Pop Century for 1 year from now! Exciting to have something to look forward to. We're doing 10 days and number of park days will depend on if there is a Canadian ticket promo. Right now we have a 7 day ticket booked or if the $ goes up. It's my son's Grade 12 year and he wants to go to Star Wars land as it wasn't open yet the last time we were there. Hopefully by late summer we will know more about how things are looking so we can book flights. It's been tough this week seeing my March Break memories from previous years trips pop up.

We'll need to wait and see what happens with ds' high school. If it's quadmester system again next year (I hope not!!) then there's no way we will pull him out for a week. Ds and DD's breaks won't line up. DD can't miss any school either. Assuming she passes into 2nd year. She's in the paramedic program and is really stressed about her final test and lift test considering they haven't been able to go to gym or practice in person very much due to lockdown and our grey status here still.

The only times that will line up are at Christmas and DH usually can't get time off then. So who knows. Was thinking a nice option would be for everyone to go after Christmas, kids go for a week and just miss a couple of days of school and dh and I stay behind and enjoy a week without them!

We just booked Pop Century for 1 year from now! Exciting to have something to look forward to. We're doing 10 days and number of park days will depend on if there is a Canadian ticket promo. Right now we have a 7 day ticket booked or if the $ goes up. It's my son's Grade 12 year and he wants to go to Star Wars land as it wasn't open yet the last time we were there. Hopefully by late summer we will know more about how things are looking so we can book flights. It's been tough this week seeing my March Break memories from previous years trips pop up.
Yes I agree .. this week was our March break as well as I had a love hate relationship with all the FB memories !! Here’s hoping next March break is spent back in our happy place.

After cancelling 2020 trip, we are spreading out the banked points for our 2021 trip (hoping the vaccine will allow safe travel) which is booked for 1-15 Dec and we have penciled in a 21 Dec 22 - 6 Jan 23. Our very first WDW visit was over New Years Eve (29 Dec 12 - 5 Jan 13) and that was fantastic so, I am looking forward to doing that again along with Christmas.

After cancelling 2020 trip, we are spreading out the banked points for our 2021 trip (hoping the vaccine will allow safe travel) which is booked for 1-15 Dec and we have penciled in a 21 Dec 22 - 6 Jan 23. Our very first WDW visit was over New Years Eve (29 Dec 12 - 5 Jan 13) and that was fantastic so, I am looking forward to doing that again along with Christmas.
I've always wanted to go during new years and see the MK and Epcot NYE fireworks. I somehow doubt that will happen this year. Maybe a very expensive paid event? Although you never know - if they are all fully vaccinated in the USA I could see them being allowed to return.

OK, Im onboard, sick and tired with all the Covid crap and I'm more than ready for a distraction, We had a big trip planned for this week, actually the past 2 weeks as our 3 daughters are graduating High School this year. The depressed atmosphere at our house had been getting steadily more intense since early Feb as reality set in we weren't even leaving the province, let alone going to Disney. Now, as they are all planning to continue their education next fall a new reality has risen its ugly head. As all 3 are going on to different schools, none have the same spring break.
Now this may sound like a cunnumdrum for a family vacation, it does present an interesting opportunity for their mother and I, one we wont be sharing with the girls.,...... We're going by ourselves, ALL ALONE, in late Feb of next year. To be honest Im actually quite excited, we haven't been away for anything longer than 4 days since our son was born in '99. Admittedly we will miss the constant chatter their enthusiasm and willing partners to go on rides that someone may want to sit out, What we or at least I (who does the majority of the planning) wont miss is first the cost, 3 less tickets, 1 less room and 3 less rather carniverous mouths to feed, yeah that's going to hurt. If you believe that girls don't eat haven't met all 5'7, 110lbs of our technically oldest daughter. the planning alone should be a breeze, provided Covid has been laid to rest, the logistics behind one simple dinning reservation is astronomical. The only only commonality these three share other than they same womb for 35 weeks is a love of ice cream as such the only mutually agreeable place to eat is Ghiradelli's, So lets all trudeau is telling us the truth, we have a vaccine in place, it gets into peoples arms in time to end this mess and the border finally re-opens before we celebrate another anniversary of 2 weeks to flatten the curve. 2022 may just be the year! If anyone has any suggestions for a NO KIDS trip, let us know, we are open to any suggestions

If anyone has any suggestions for a NO KIDS trip, let us know, we are open to any suggestions
Easy one. Make it a foodie WDW vacation. Maybe play with your travel dates to hit an Epcot festival and nosh at the food booths. If you can get the time off, and can hold out longer, consider Fall 2022 and enjoy the Halloween Party and Food & Wine. Maybe also a day trip to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. It's all great for adults and no compromises. Enjoy planning!

How exciting! Have you stayed at Pop before? The folks on the Pop resort thread are super helpful. We've been there twice now, loved it both times - if you have questions, let me know!

Galaxy's Edge is amazing. The attention to detail is second to none. Do whatever you need to do to get on ROTR - experience like no other. We showed up at 6:30am with two small kids in tow to get a boarding group haha but it was 110% worth it.

How exciting! Have you stayed at Pop before? The folks on the Pop resort thread are super helpful. We've been there twice now, loved it both times - if you have questions, let me know!

Galaxy's Edge is amazing. The attention to detail is second to none. Do whatever you need to do to get on ROTR - experience like no other. We showed up at 6:30am with two small kids in tow to get a boarding group haha but it was 110% worth it.
Yes, this will be our 3rd stay at Pop. I love being able to walk over to AoA or grab their bus if it comes before ours. Now we'll be able to use the Skyliner, super excited about that. We're very excited to see Galaxy's Edge, hopefully we'll be able to grab a spot for ROTR, who knows what that set up will look like 12 months from now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter